Question For Christians

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be showing a lot more respect for other people's time if you would transcribe this question.

You'd be showing a lot more respect for other people's time if you would transcribe this question.
are you serious? it's a 52 second clip...
Yes.What if I want to quote a portion and respond?
ok didn't think about that, point taken. still, it's a little strong to imply that i disrespected people's time by linking the clip.

kind of a silly question if you're serious. either you believe the bible or you don't.if you do, the biblical answer is obvious. nobody is worthy of salvation without the blood of jesus.if you don't, trying to make sense of it is just mentally whacking off.

That Crow is so hard-workin'. Me -- too lazy to click. What's the cliff notes?

kind of a silly question if you're serious. either you believe the bible or you don't.if you do, the biblical answer is obvious. nobody is worthy of salvation without the blood of jesus.if you don't, trying to make sense of it is just mentally whacking off.
I hate agreeing with Crow but it doesn't get any simpler than that.I don't think the OP was really looking for any answer.... just wanted to post a new thread.
So does that mean believers just blindly accept the doctrine without questioning why it does or doesn't make sense? How does one become a believer in the first place then???
yes transcription please. I'm at work and can't watch youtube but would like to tell you how and why you're going to hell for questioning god.
ok here it is in a nutshell. I think that within Christianity you are given the choice to accept responsibility for your own sins and reject an innocent sacrifice on your behalf. You can make this choice by choosing not to be saved, even if you believe the Bible, because you think it is the right thing to do to accept eternal punishment, and not accept an innocent man's life for your sins/mistakes/wrongdoings.
So does that mean believers just blindly accept the doctrine without questioning why it does or doesn't make sense?
they may question it, but because they (often subconsciously) want or feel they need it to be true they end up using much lower standards of required sensibility than they would with most other aspects of human life. that essentially equates to blind acceptance, yes. religious belief is just one of many ways human emotional/egocentric needs can psychologically trump reason and logic.
How does one become a believer in the first place then???
mostly through brainwashing by parents, peers, or local culture in general. that should be painfully obvious to believers since religious demographics are obviously tied to culture, but of course they are brainwashed to ignore that also.
they may question it, but because they (often subconsciously) want or feel they need it to be true they end up using much lower standards of required sensibility than they would with most other aspects of human life. that essentially equates to blind acceptance, yes. religious belief is just one of many ways human emotional/egocentric needs can psychologically trump reason and logic. mostly through brainwashing by parents, peers, or local culture in general. that should be painfully obvious to believers since religious demographics are obviously tied to culture, but of course they are brainwashed to ignore that also.
It's always brainwashing when it goes against what you believe. It's thoughful reflection when it's your own beliefs.But it is a very useful tool you have to degrade the beliefs of others with pejoratives. I'm sure it gives your self declared war on God a nice dramatic background score. Michael Moore also uses these techniques, and Gobbels.see, I twisted your beliefs in line with the Nazis, that's using what is called...Reductio ad Hitlerum meaning equateing your ideas with a group of hated people, to thereby make agreeing with you the same as agreeing with them.There are many useful propeganda techniques available for use all over the interweb. Enjoy your use of them.
ok here it is in a nutshell. I think that within Christianity you are given the choice to accept responsibility for your own sins and reject an innocent sacrifice on your behalf. You can make this choice by choosing not to be saved, even if you believe the Bible, because you think it is the right thing to do to accept eternal punishment, and not accept an innocent man's life for your sins/mistakes/wrongdoings.
So the willful denial of Christ's sacrifice would be more nobel than accepting what He did for you?What about the point that God is offering a gift, to deny it would be rude?
It's always brainwashing when it goes against what you believe. It's thoughful reflection when it's your own beliefs.
obviously as a christian if you're 1/2-way sane you must think people in a country where 90% of the population are muslims, hindus etc are being brainwashed into false belief by their cultural heritage. i only think that about one more religion than you do.
obviously as a christian if you're 1/2-way sane you must think people in a country where 90% of the population are muslims, hindus etc are being brainwashed into false belief by their cultural heritage. i only think that about one more religion than you do.
stewie2.jpg
Ad nauseam This argument approach uses tireless repetition of an idea. An idea, especially a simple slogan, that is repeated enough times, may begin to be taken as the truth. This approach works best when media sources are limited and controlled by the propagator.
Ad nauseam This argument approach uses tireless repetition of an idea. An idea, especially a simple slogan, that is repeated enough times, may begin to be taken as the truth. This approach works best when media sources are limited and controlled by the propagator.
BG, you are so frustrating.This really is a simple concept and one that alot of athiests believe is the cornerstone of a major problem with christianity. We don't believe that having blind faith to believe in something without reason is a good thing. It leads people to come up with all kinds of whacky ideas in the name of an ultimate creator.Passing this ideology along to children and the way christianity accomplishes this is nothing short of attempted brainwashing through fear. Teaching young kids your personal morality by scaring them into believing they will burn in eternal hellfire is down right wrong.There are no christian children. There are children of christians though.It is painfully obvious what Crow was saying. Parents perpetrate the continuation of there religon through there kids. Wouldn't it be nice if they simply taught them good moral behavior, at a correct age learn about all religons and make the choice for themselves?
ad nauseam because it's simple fact and no christian ever has a response for it. facts are not propaganda. quit with the lame attempts to deflect.the various mutually exclusive religious beliefs are demographically intimately tied to culture. for the vast majority of people their specific religious belief must be the direct result of cultural heritage, not sensibility or reason. there is no reason to think christians in the USA are any different.
BG, you are so frustrating.This really is a simple concept and one that alot of athiests believe is the cornerstone of a major problem with christianity. We don't believe that having blind faith to believe in something without reason is a good thing. It leads people to come up with all kinds of whacky ideas in the name of an ultimate creator. Wacky because they are different from yours?Passing this ideology along to children and the way athiest accomplishes this is nothing short of attempted brainwashing through fear. There are no atheist children. There are children of atheist though.It is painfully obvious what Crow was saying. Atheist Parents perpetrate the continuation of there lack of religon through there kids. Wouldn't it be nice if they simply taught them good moral behavior, at a correct age learn about all religons and make the choice for themselves?
FYP
So the willful denial of Christ's sacrifice would be more nobel than accepting what He did for you?What about the point that God is offering a gift, to deny it would be rude?
It isn't a question of what's more nobel, and I would gladly accept such a gift, but not at the expense and suffering of an innocent. If I am guilty, and I can choose to accept God's punishment/verdict for MY OWN SINS, why shouldn't I? Let me give you the best analogy I can. Let's say I were to be convicted of a heinous crime that I had indeed committed, and was sentenced to death. Before the execution, I am informed that another man, who was innocent, had been killed in my place, and therefore I no longer had to die. I could either choose to accept his death in my place, thus being freed, or I could go ahead and face the death penalty. I would choose to accept the death penalty, because it was my crime, not his, and I was the one convicted.If a just God determines that I am worthy of eternal damnation and suffering for my sins, then I can accept that, and I would choose that over an innocent sacrifice that I do not deserve.