First hitter for Florida after the rain delay goes yard, giving the Marlins a 3-2 lead they would never relinquish, despite the best efforts* of the feisty** Nationals.Now the A's are trailing by 2 in the top of the 9th. I haven't checked the box score yet, but I am beyond certain that Alan Embree or Keith Foulke has fucked me over somehow.Wang*- No hits, 1 base-runner, who was immediately erased in a double play, after the delay.**- 3 hits, 1BB, and 9K for Washington's offense in the game.
If you want me to stake you in a $26 dollar tournament on Tilt or something let me know. I broke rule #1 and since I am jewish I will be guilty all night now. (though happy the fish won)
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want me to stake you in a $26 dollar tournament on Tilt or something let me know. I broke rule #1 and since I am jewish I will be guilty all night now. (though happy the fish won)
No worries. When Tampa Bay loses tonight, I am going to take you up on your stake offer. You will stake me in a 10 dollar sit-and-go, and I will take 3rd, and be too lazy to ever play again, and just end up transferring the full amount back to you. You should probably be rooting Sox tonight, as it will net you approximately 9 dollars. Tampa Bay -131 (to win 1x)I can't wait until Matsuzaka walks 6 hitters and gives up one run in 6 2/3 IP. Bob Gibson 1968 LOB%, here we come!
No worries. When Tampa Bay loses tonight, I am going to take you up on your stake offer. You will stake me in a 10 dollar sit-and-go, and I will take 3rd, and be too lazy to ever play again, and just end up transferring the full amount back to you. You should probably be rooting Sox tonight, as it will net you approximately 9 dollars. Tampa Bay -131 (to win 1x)I can't wait until Matsuzaka walks 6 hitters and gives up one run in 6 2/3 IP. Bob Gibson 1968 LOB%, here we come!
sounds good. I cant root for the Sawx though. I just cant.....I am loyal to low payroll Florida teams AND my wife is a big Yankees fan.Just post in here what happens (going to the Hard Rock tonight for some 5/10 no limit shove poker) and I will transfer you 10 bucks if necessary.
sounds good. I cant root for the Sawx though. I just cant.....I am loyal to low payroll Florida teams AND my wife is a big Yankees fan.Just post in here what happens (going to the Hard Rock tonight for some 5/10 no limit shove poker) and I will transfer you 10 bucks if necessary.
Like I said: no worries. Goodluck; limp/reraise all-in with 99
This game is a ****ing joke. My Rays ticket might as well be dead money
winner!

The good news:The Rays score 6 times off the Red Sox bullpen, and Leaden-foot Lowell gets thrown out stealing second with one out as the tying run in the 9th to preserve a Devil Rays' win. The bad news:It will be nearly impossible to bet the Rays after the verbal fellatio Orel Hersheiser performed on them during the ESPN Wednesday Baseball Telecast. I talked the Rays up all off-season, and have grown incredibly, incredibly fond of them throughout the year, both as a baseball fan and as a gambler. I've mentioned before that I'm a contrarian, and -- in all honesty -- I may have been pushing it backing the AL Best Rays with their ace on the hill at home in a nationally televised game going for a 3-game series sweep laying a good amount of chalk. After tonight, I doubt I'll be on the Rays again for a while. In fact, there's a very good chance I'll be on KC once or twice in the upcoming series, especially since they lost 2/3 to the Orioles. It's usually impossible to find a contrarian play on the best team in baseball after they have just finished sweeping the second best team on national TV. (Note: I said the exact same thing after the Rays swept the Cubs on ESPN, too...)My only hope is that the public somehow conflates the 2008 Tampa Bay Rays with their inept incarnations from previous years. It is times like these when being a contrarian becomes very... tiresome. Part of the fun of betting on sports is the rooting interest it give me. Obviously I'd like the teams I bet to be consistently good, but the downside of that is: if my teams perform well, I cannot bet on them.My teams are the Pirates, Reds, Nationals, Royals, and Orioles of the world. I get to back the pitchers who are 2-8 with an ERA of 5.68, who, by all rights, should be 4-6 with an era of 4.79. It's frustrating when, by definition, I am almost entirely precluded from being successful with a team AND betting them consistently (the SF Giants the exception, because -- holy crap -- who the fuck are those guys?).Early leans will be up later tonight, or tomorrow afternoon. Wang

The good news:The Rays score 6 times off the Red Sox bullpen, and Leaden-foot Lowell gets thrown out stealing second with one out as the tying run in the 9th to preserve a Devil Rays' win. The bad news:It will be nearly impossible to bet the Rays after the verbal fellatio Orel Hersheiser performed on them during the ESPN Wednesday Baseball Telecast. I talked the Rays up all off-season, and have grown incredibly, incredibly fond of them throughout the year, both as a baseball fan and as a gambler. I've mentioned before that I'm a contrarian, and -- in all honesty -- I may have been pushing it backing the AL Best Rays with their ace on the hill at home in a nationally televised game going for a 3-game series sweep laying a good amount of chalk. After tonight, I doubt I'll be on the Rays again for a while. In fact, there's a very good chance I'll be on KC once or twice in the upcoming series, especially since they lost 2/3 to the Orioles. It's usually impossible to find a contrarian play on the best team in baseball after they have just finished sweeping the second best team on national TV. (Note: I said the exact same thing after the Rays swept the Cubs on ESPN, too...)My only hope is that the public somehow conflates the 2008 Tampa Bay Rays with their inept incarnations from previous years. It is times like these when being a contrarian becomes very... tiresome. Part of the fun of betting on sports is the rooting interest it give me. Obviously I'd like the teams I bet to be consistently good, but the downside of that is: if my teams perform well, I cannot bet on them.My teams are the Pirates, Reds, Nationals, Royals, and Orioles of the world. I get to back the pitchers who are 2-8 with an ERA of 5.68, who, by all rights, should be 4-6 with an era of 4.79. It's frustrating when, by definition, I am almost entirely precluded from being successful with a team AND betting them consistently (the SF Giants the exception, because -- holy crap -- who the fuck are those guys?).Early leans will be up later tonight, or tomorrow afternoon. Wang
glad Tampa pulled it out.With or without Orel's slobbering, the Rays were going to transition from curiosity to legit favorite after sweeping Boston. That was an impressive series and with the way Garza is now pitching....man are they built for October.

Leans:Wash +140KC +130Oakie +115Phil -114Dodgers -126SF -135Sea +130It seems like I've been on Washington every day for a month now. What a terrible, terrible baseball team. I'm probably going to bet the Dodgers because they play at 2:15 and I need some afternoon action, but I still like Chad Billingsley. I don't know if I'll be able to stomach another Giants play, though I am excited about backing Lincecum vs. Gallagher. Silva is a possibility vs. Detroit, but I might be unable to pull the trigger due to homerism. My guess is that my card will look something likeDodgersOakWashKCSFGoing to try to trim one of those games off, thoughWang

Whoa, I just saw the O/U in the Mariners/Tigers game is 8.5. Is it me, or does the under have torture written all over it?Add that to my list of early leans. We'll see if I can stomach it

I just hopped on matchbook and saw that Nadal's opponent in the Wimbledon semifinals is +3200. Now I don't know anything about tennis, and I certainly don't know this clown's name, but I 32-1 in a semi-final seems straight-up ridiculous. What are the odds Nadal tears his ACL or something? So:(Nadal's Opponent, S-something?) +3200 (risking .6x)Also, I had Colorado/Florida under 10.5 tonight. I don't have the stomach nor the inclination to walk through the nonsense myself, but here's the game summary. I also had the Tigers/Mariners under 8.5. Light that unit on fire after a few meaningless Tigers runs in the top of the 9th...What a great day. Rest assured that I am going OFF tomorrow. Every ****ing game on the card. There'll be fireworks.

Detroit (Rogers) at Seattle (Bedard) Money Line Seattle -136 Houston (Moehler) at Atlanta (Hudson) Total 8.5 Over 8.5 (HOU/ATL) +101 Kansas City (Bannister) at Tampa Bay (Jackson) Money Line Kansas City +151 New York (N) (Santana) at Philadelphia (Happ) Money Line Philadelphia +134 Oakland (Blanton) at Chicago (A) (Buehrle) Money Line Oakland +153 Texas (Padilla) at Baltimore (Guthrie) Total 9.0 Under 9.0 (TEX/BAL) +103 Toronto (Burnett) at Los Angeles (A) (Weaver) Money Line Toronto +113 All plays are risking one unit, except Seattle, which is to win one unit. What a piece of shit card. I'd really, really like to thank to books for that Phillies/Mets line. Thanks for forcing my hand on that one, guys. I swear the books set contrarians up to get burned, sometimes. I'm especially disgusted by my two totals. Best offense in baseball against fucking Guthrie, and you won't even give me the hook? God dammit...In years past I would have no problem putting these bets in, because I would be comfortable in the knowledge that I would be wrapped in the arms of sweet inebriation within the hour. Instead I actually got physically ill when I looked at this garbage, since I'll be watching this disaster unfold stone sober in real time with my MLB package.Wang

Well, I've reached a new level of degeneracy. I spent/am spending the holiday with my family at my uncle's lake house. I brought my laptop on the off chance my uncle had wireless access on the lake (a foolish hope, since old people in my family hate technology), so maybe I could sweat my games in real-time.When I got there, I walked around with my computer trying to poach a signal from the neighbors' houses. Turned out one of the guys 2 houses down was broadcasting an unprotected signal, so I bogarted it, plugged my computer into my car using my father's AC/DC car-lighter adapter thingy, and watched my 3-4 day unfold from my 1997 Chevrolet Lumina. My family was confused and disappointed.Fucking Padilla...

Can you explain your one and only cubs pick today?
St. Louis is performing well above their PECOTA 3rd-Order won/loss record, and is, in short, one of the most overvalued, overperforming teams in all of baseball. The public has been hammering the Cardinals (especially at home) lately, even in game one of the series with the Cubs.I thought the Cubs as an anti-public side had value today, value the books were comfortable giving since they knew the wagering public was going to be on the Cardinals en masse. Plus I hate Kyle Lohse almost as much as I hate Ted Lilly.But what I forgot was: I hate Kerry Wood the most. You ****ing wispy-bearded FAGGOT.
Right around the time Anthony Kim blows this I'll be at work, watching Federer stage a furious comeback at Wimbledon.Over/Under on number of dealers I fire for no reason: 3.5
sigh, not looking good for Rafa (and your sanity.)
*eats words*
I just hopped on matchbook and saw that Nadal's opponent in the Wimbledon semifinals is +3200. Now I don't know anything about tennis, and I certainly don't know this clown's name, but I 32-1 in a semi-final seems straight-up ridiculous. What are the odds Nadal tears his ACL or something? So:(Nadal's Opponent, S-something?) +3200 (risking .6x)Also, I had Colorado/Florida under 10.5 tonight. I don't have the stomach nor the inclination to walk through the nonsense myself, but here's the game summary. I also had the Tigers/Mariners under 8.5. Light that unit on fire after a few meaningless Tigers runs in the top of the 9th...What a great day. Rest assured that I am going OFF tomorrow. Every ****ing game on the card. There'll be fireworks.
I was in DC partying all weekend and we happened across the Marlins-Rockies game on their MLB season ticket at 17-16 in the 8th. I bet a friend 200 bucks that Gregg would blow the save.I feel dirty about betting against my own team but I was drunk and Gregg ****ing sucks. And I like money.
Biiiingo. Please ship for Federer losing Wimbledon and Anthony Kim winning ATT classic. PLEASE. SHIP. Thanks, www.thegreek.comWang

I had the entire poker room watching what may have been the great Wimbledon Final of all time in slack-jawed awe. I disclosed my action the moment I walked into the room, because I knew I was going to be unable to keep myself sane. The place was cheering every time Nadal won a point, and groaning when he botched break point after break point. When Federer finally hit that last ball into the net to give Nadal a 9-7 victory in the 5th set, the place EXPLODED. It was pretty cool. Especially because I had everyone cheering for King Turbofag.Wang

Right around the time Anthony Kim blows this I'll be at work, watching Federer stage a furious comeback at Wimbledon.Over/Under on number of dealers I fire for no reason: 3.5
You run a poker room? who knew...
You run a poker room? who knew...
I don't like talking about it very much, because my biggest fear is one of my players coming on here and accidentally piecing together who I am. In my real life, I run the floor of a small card room in Michigan. I am actually very good at it, since most of my players like me. My dealers respect me, and few fuck with me anymore, since I am both kind and coldhearted. The other day I got to say the following, word for word, to a guy whose organization was handling the money, when he gave me a little resistance: "Excuse me, sir, but I think you've mistaken the nature of our relationship; I'm not asking you."It made me feel like a pretty hardcore badass, even though he called MY boss directly afterwards to make sure...