best decision against early morning tight tables

I often find around 6-7am the tables start to tighten up. I'm home for 3 weeks until summer classes start, and plan on playing full time, instead of my normal 4-5 hours a day.my bankroll is around $900 and i have about 13,000 hands logged at 1/2 tables, averaging about 3bb/100. Since i've tried to start playing more during my break to save up some rent money for the summer, i've noticed the tables are alot tougher in the morning, I data mine 4 tables, and only 1 is half decent to play at, and it usually tightens up pretty fast... Do you think it would be better to sit at .5/1 tables that are a little looser, or sit at the 2/4 Bad beat tables that usually have a 30%+ VP$IP?I dont have the 1200 bankroll I should have to play 2/4 steady, but I find i'm barely able to make any profit during the early mornings at the 1/2 tables (18-23% VP$IP is mostly what i'm finding)Thoughts/comments/suggestions?

I often find around 6-7am the tables start to tighten up.  I'm home for 3 weeks until summer classes start, and plan on playing full time, instead of my normal 4-5 hours a day.my bankroll is around $900 and i have about 13,000 hands logged at 1/2 tables, averaging about 3bb/100.  Since i've tried to start playing more during my break to save up some rent money for the summer, i've noticed the tables are alot tougher in the morning, I data mine 4 tables, and only 1 is half decent to play at, and it usually tightens up pretty fast...  Do you think it would be better to sit at .5/1 tables that are a little looser, or sit at the 2/4 Bad beat tables that usually have a 30%+ VP$IP?I dont have the 1200 bankroll I should have to play 2/4 steady, but I find i'm barely able to make any profit during the early mornings at the 1/2 tables (18-23% VP$IP is mostly what i'm finding)Thoughts/comments/suggestions?
i defenitley think the .50/1 is the way to go..always loose and even if you have a bad session<knock on wood>it wont hurt your bankroll that much...i sometimes play a little out of my bankroll<2/4> and it seems i always get hurt that way...either way,good luck

thanks... I appreciate the advice... i'm still not sure which i'll be doing though, any one have other suggestions?

Don't poker in the morning?I don't play at Party but the tables are tight there in the morning too?
yup, all the regulars sit... I use PT and GT+ and it seems like I have a 1000 hands on most of the players, and its all TANs and TAAs
What do the N and the second A stand for in TAN and TAA?I know TA is tight aggressive. I'm more familiar with "TAG"...
tight aggressive / neutral.... tight aggressive / aggressiveIts the post flop aggression factor

Not to be facetious (okay so maybe just a little) but why not try to play poker at these tables instead of plugging away at whatever formula you may be using?These table are quite beatable and once you get a field fo them you can beat them quite easily. If you are playing NL go in, throw some money around and force the tabe to loosen up (plus lets be honest, there is something very cool about winning a pot with 8-3o and showing it to the table). 90% of these 'tight" players have no idea how to play against a good loose player.Having said that if you think you'll earn more by dropping down a level then that is obviously the best decision.

tight aggressive / neutral.... tight aggressive / aggressiveIts the post flop aggression factor
Does post flop count on the flop?So TAA's are prone to bet, for example, AK (but with no pair) on the turn and river against 1 other opponent? Whereas TAN's bet the flop but check the turn when not paired up?

Yeah my advice would be to stay up til 3ish in the mornin, sleep in till 3 pm and start up again. BUT if that doesn't work for your schedule then play the .5/1. It is better to earn less then it is to take a big hit to your b/r b/c of the higher limits.You may want to try and play for a few hours at 2/4 to see how the play is to your style and if you find that you are able to suceed, and hopefully you will so you don't lose some part of your b/r. I believe in the 300bb rule but I find that you can dable a bit at a higher limit but need to be careful. If you take a small loss at 2/4 say 20bb then you can do damage to your b/r. So be wise about your choice.

plugging away at whatever formula you may be using?poker tracker and GameTime+ does all the work for meThese table are quite beatable and once you get a field fo them you can beat them quite easily.Dont really need to get a feel for a table when i have GT+ up and running, I have hundreds of hands against these guys, I know how they play.If you are playing NL go in, throw some money around and force the tabe to loosen up (plus lets be honest, there is something very cool about winning a pot with 8-3o and showing it to the table). There is something very cool about winning a pot with King high because you called some donk thinking he is going to outsmart the table by betting with anything.plus, I play limit90% of these 'tight" players have no idea how to play against a good loose player. no, we do actually, and we are waiting around for these folks to sit down thinking they are going to beat us by playing rags. You call them "good loose players" we call them "losers"my advice would be to stay up til 3ish in the mornin, sleep in till 3 pm and start up again.normally what I do, but i've been falling asleep early, so i've been waking up with nothing to do.Hi Steve.shouldn't you be working brett?You need to check the solar-lunar tables.no idea what that is

I am in the same situation as you, playing alot more now that the semester is over. I assume from your post that you play the 10-handed $1/$2? If so, I suggest trying the party $1/$2 6-max tables. The quality of play is very poor, and the players are very loose, even in the morning. I just made the switch and am loving it.

I am in the same situation as you, playing alot more now that the semester is over.  I assume from your post that you play the 10-handed $1/$2?  If so, I suggest trying the party $1/$2 6-max tables.  The quality of play is very poor, and the players are very loose, even in the morning.  I just made the switch and am loving it.
Good suggestion, though from what I understand the variance is higher at the 6max table, so you would need a bigger bankroll... i'd be violating the same BR managment rules playing 2/4, and I think I play much better at 10-handed tables

$900 is a big enough BR. The variance is higher, becuase you play alot more hands, play weaker hands to the river, and because blind defense is actually an issue. However, becuase you play so many more hands, the mistakes of opponents begin to add up much more quickly. Playing at these tables is also more fun, IMO, because you get to play and win many more hands. You have to be alot looser, both pre- and post-flop, so you get into alot of new and different situations. If you get tired of the tighter full ring games, check it out.

After watching your play, I'm actually going to suggest that you stretch the conventional BR rules just a little.Play one (or two at the most) 2/4 BB jackpot tables. Data mine the hell out of them first, of course. If you drop more than 30-40 BB, switch to crushable .5/1 tables at that time. The play at those 2/4 jackpot tables is laughable compared to what we typically face in the mornings at 1/2.I'll have to go through the morning session I played with you the other day as CV1975. IIRC, I did pretty well at our table, despite its tightness.