im there!!!!i love them dumplings!
RU serious?I'd love to have a sign waiting for you. one guess as to what it says.
Has the whole APPT schedule been released yet? Macau doesnt happen at a convenient time for me but I would love to qualify for an event sometime later in the Fall.
Yessir: http://www.appt.com/Macau, SAR China -----------> September 1-9, 2008Seoul, Korea -----------------> September 26-28, 2008Auckland, New Zealand -----> October 9-12, 2008Manila, Philippines -----------> TBCSydney, Australia ------------> December 2-7, 2008
planned on going but just realized my sisters wedding is during it :club:
how about u let me know her whereabouts...and i will woo her..then the wedding is offor at least postponed...then u can go
I'm having an argument with my little cousin. Can't you be 18 to play poker there, or is it 21?
Age 18 = gambling, alcohol, smoking and *******
  • 1 month later...

BUMPThought i'd take this opportunity to reintroduce myself as the marketing manager for PokerStars Macau.I've been working in my new role for about a month now and the PokerStars team is excellent. APPT Macau is going to be awesome (Daniel does the play-by-play) and if anybody has questions about APPT or poker in Macau feel free to ask me.As poker forums go, FCP is still my home since I owe a lot to everyone here.Hopefully I'll get to see some FCPers in Asia sometime.- Fred

BUMPThought i'd take this opportunity to reintroduce myself as the marketing manager for PokerStars Macau.I've been working in my new role for about a month now and the PokerStars team is excellent. APPT Macau is going to be awesome (Daniel does the play-by-play) and if anybody has questions about APPT or poker in Macau feel free to ask me.As poker forums go, FCP is still my home since I owe a lot to everyone here.Hopefully I'll get to see some FCPers in Asia sometime.- Fred
Thats awesome Fred..I had no idea this was your job..I thought you were marketing wines..But this is great..
Thats awesome Fred..I had no idea this was your job..I thought you were marketing wines..But this is great..
ya, I was doing that in HK for a while but my intentions were always to work in Macau.if you ever make it out here be sure to look me up. there's a golf course nearby my cardroom.

for us who are unemployed can you let us know how you got a job like this. Did you apply? Did you know someone within the company? Sounds like a sweet gig.

for us who are unemployed can you let us know how you got a job like this. Did you apply? Did you know someone within the company? Sounds like a sweet gig.
this is a pretty common question I run into. I suppose the short answer is: by chancethe long answer:besides being a player and fan of poker I had previously organized card games and other events. that includes cash games, toronto poker tour (re: XPT), charity events and toronto fcp stuff (via Governator and j2k99). by the time I left toronto last december I had built a solid poker distribution list which involved the casual to professional card player. to say the least I'm passionate about cards and people. professionally I've worked as an operations executive, marketing experience, had partnerships in several business ventures, entrepreneur, and have begun real estate investment. I had a stint as semi-pro in poker during the golden partypoker days but that only reinforced the fact that turning pro was not for me. I'm no super scholar and do not have an mba (although I wish I did). however, I have spent a lot of time personally and in seminars working on technical and leadership skills that would benefit me at that time and future.I prefer working smart to working hard but I have no problem with loading up the work hours. I have worked every time schedule that life has to offer. for most of my early 20s I followed the money. whoever paid me more got my services until I ran into a situations where I had issues with the ethics and leadership of the organizations I represented. money cures a lot of problems but I was hating the work, hating myself and about to puke each time I looked at how much I paid in taxes.fast forward to mid-2007. my mother had been working in macau and telling me about the growth and opportunity there. I remember her calling me from macau during a night of drinking in toronto. I was tipsy and it was noisy so I didn't quite hear her properly. all I heard was "you've got to come out here, vegas execs are moving here for $35,000!!" I respond, "so what? I made that before I was 20 yrs old." Mom responds, "no you haven't...I'm talking USD!!" I retort, "ummm...ya, been there. done that. I'm not moving for $35,000 USD a year". Then I wake up when my mother says, "NO you silly...$35,000 USD a MONTH!"I read everything I could about Asia. if I had to suggest a book, "Asia Future Shock" by Michael Backman is excellent. I then decided to sell my business and try to find something in Canada. no match.so I went to HK-Macau and enjoyed some time off while looking at opportunities. one thing I realized was that if I wanted to find a good job out there I'd need to make a real commitment. companies get tens of thousands of resumes and on paper, I just don't stand out. my skill has always been the face-to-face so that's what I did. sold my belongings, said goodbye to my life time of friends, packed up my criticals and moved to HK where I found a job marketing fine wine (which was awesome btw).every single weekend I went to macau to play poker and would either find or follow-up on leads for jobs. macau is where I wanted to be with it's boom and also it's sick max. tax of 12% (and no sales tax or expected tipping). eventually I had a tentative offer with Crown and their development of the soon-to-be-sickly-famous City of Dreams . money, excitement, opportunity...all good. then I'm at the Grand Opening of the PokerStars Macau cardroom and just loving the environment. I see a white dude in a suit and he comes by. I tell him that I love the cardroom and that the staff is very excellent (which was 100% geniune) especially compared to the only other cardroom in Macau. that white dude happened to be the president of the APPT. we chat for a bit and that turns into an interview. the interview turns into a marketing presentation where I get 24 hours to prepare for the prez and his right hand man. next, job offer...sign, disco.how did I find THIS job. luck.but if your question is how to find work in poker or gaming industry then I give myself a little more credit. it was a combination of passion, commitment, self-motivation, and humility.good luck,Fred
Sweet. That sounds like a pretty excellent gig.(do I see special FCP only sattys to this event in the future?)
Sweet. That sounds like a pretty excellent gig.(do I see special FCP only sattys to this event in the future?)
sure. anythings's possible within reason. however, I'd guess that interest and awareness of APPT or poker in Macau in general is low. if you guys knew what I now know you guys could be organizing a plane load of FCPers to the Far East like yesterday. macau is the last poker gold rush in the world.