Live $5/$10 - Value Bet Or Bluff Induce With Top Pair On River?

i understand the position of wanting to c/r, except that it requires a lot of things to work in our favor and we still dont price out the draws we want to.we have to hope that it checks around to the button AND that he bets AND even then flush draws still are getting more than enough odds to call profitably. the only thing we accomplish IF this works out the way we hope it does it that we charge 2-5 outers 4.5-1 instead of 7-1, plus their implied odds on the bigger streets.and when this doesnt work we either give all draws infinite odds with free cards, or an early position player bets and the pot gets bloated anywayand theres just as good of a chance that we bet and are raised, forcing two cold on the field, as there is that everything else works out in our favor for a c/r
Are you really looking to "price-out" draws? I didnt read your previous post as such. My intention of check raising in this spot is not to limit the field, it is to increase the size of the pot, in turn increasing the size of my wins. And the way you describe a check raise makes me assume you are playing in very tight games. In my experience, with average action to the flop (3-5 players), the flop will be checked about 1/10 of the time. Hardly the "everything else works" you described. I like simply betting out in this spot as well, and i use it frequently, yet i think you gain more information by allowing someone else to open the action on the flop. what do you think?
I like simply betting out in this spot as well, and i use it frequently, yet i think you gain more information by allowing someone else to open the action on the flop. what do you think?
if we used the info, sure. but here there's a bet and 3 calls before it gets back to us. this usually tells me my hand isn't good very often (depending on opponents of course), and no discussion about what the others may have, because it's already been revealed hero won the hand anyway. it's hard to believe all of 4 them had draws or worse pairs/kickers, which is what my read would have been. though for this hand i would've been wrong, i dont think i would've been wrong too often