from cardplayer"Tournament Director Johnny Grooms asks the players to vote whether or not to continue playing. He explained that Lake Tahoe had experienced heavy snowfall during the day, and there were rumors going around that roads were closed. (The players knew this already.) When it came time to vote, it had to be unanimous to keep playing, so a single dissenter would end the tournament today at 27 players as originally scheduled.When Johnny Grooms asked if there were any objections, one voice said plainly and clearly, "I object," with no apology or explanation. It was Phil Ivey."apparantly players were eliminated very quickly and they wanted to keep playing to save time in the next few days, i dont really dissagree with phil ivey but i wonder what his motivatin was behind objecting to keep playing??maybe get to the side game quicker than usuall? anyone else have any thoughts

Thats actually quite interesting, if that would save them a day, he might be able to make it to the World Poker Classic or the Mirage Poker Showdown events. I don't like whats happening here with respect to poker. Too many tournaments, too little time. I'm keeping track of 3 tournaments at a time, and it can't be easy for players to decide which one to play. Solution, have the WSOP and WPT coordinate their tourney schedules. I don't want them to become the same entity, but joint scheduling would benefit both.

maybe he wasnt playing well. he did move down a few spots since yesterday and wanted a fresh start tomorrow. he didnt do anything wrong this is how the tournment was set up originally.

its not the ppt its the wsop circuit in tahoe $10' date='000 main event...and im sure that he did it to try to put players on tilt and make people angry at himLooks like somebody reads Mike Paulle's blog also.
its not the ppt its the wsop circuit in tahoe $10' date='000 main event...and im sure that he did it to try to put players on tilt and make people angry at himbut as far as I understand it, the reason for saving that extra daywould be so players could play in the PPT eventin vegas which starts on Wednesday, the same day as the final day of the WSOP cuirut event.