Many Paths Poll

In a different thread you told me they polled the whole world and you are using those 'polls' results in this thread to try to make the case that atheism is gaining ground, and now you admit they never polled china?There's a lot of people in china...AND they are part of the world.(Although I've never been there and am taking their existance on faith.)I think less time reading polls linked from atheist websites would help you spend less time arging with people that have different polls from religious based websites that says something different.
Ba-ZING
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What next? Those silly Jews making a comeback?
Comeback? Dont you know we already control the media and the banks? We are like the Energizer bunny.
Comeback? Dont you know we already control the media and the banks? We are like the Energizer bunny.
Crap ! How did I mis that?Sneaky Jews.... always being sneaky.

This discussion is in need of some real data. Here's a figure from the recent paper Hout, M. & Fischer, C.S. (2002). Why more Americans have no religious preference: Politics and Generations. American Sociological Review, 67(2), 165-190. which analyzes data from the GSS (General Social Survey), a well-respected sociological dataset from the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago. The percentage of people reporting no religious preference doubled across the nineties.figure1lo3.jpg

In a different thread you told me they polled the whole world
no i didn't. that thread was about the results of world polls, wherever they were from. i never said anything about the "whole world" being polled. even posted the chart i was referring to in the thread and it did not include china.
I think less time reading polls linked from atheist websites would help you spend less time arging with people that have different polls from religious based websites that says something different.
you missed the point. there ARE NO actual polls from religious websites that say different. the article being referenced just lists the opinions of a couple religious authors and no data.the site i linked also obviously has a biased agenda, but it DOES at least references actual polls. it even links directly to them if bother to look.
you can't be, crow's shift key is broken
you missed the point. there ARE NO actual polls from religious websites that say different. the article being referenced just lists the opinions of a couple religious authors and no data.the site i linked also obviously has a biased agenda, but it DOES at least references actual polls. it even links directly to them if bother to look.
oh%20snap.gif
Or it could be a bad poll with leading questions, or a pollster that doesn't understand you can be a Baptist and still think Roman Catholics go to heaven.But this line was a gem:Another finding almost defies explanation: 21 percent of self-identified atheists said they believe in God or a universal spirit, with 8 percent "absolutely certain" of it.Maybe the pollsters should clarify what an athiest means
ty for quoting that, save me the time of reading any of it.

since when does the number or relative percentage of people that believe anything have any bearing whatsoever on the truth of various claims?i'm not really sure what everyone's trying to argue about, or, for that matter, why. do religious people feel assaulted personally when people leave their faith community? they shouldn't. do atheists feel more important when people decide to think in a similar fashion? they shouldn't, either. imo, of course.

no, just a little safer when people stop taking the bible literally.
i'd be more afraid of what people do than what they think, personally.
The amount of patience displayed by Crow when dealing with you is nothing short of remarkable. You routinely post responses that have absolutely nothing to do with the content of the post to which you are responding, but rather represent either ad ad hominem attacks or just blithe conclusory statements for which you offer no support.
I wish people would stop taking what he has to say seriously and as if it were worthy of response. He's either insane, or a fake account trying to bait people into insane, childish debates. Either way, responding to him at all is a huge waste of time.
Oh, and another headline on the same page noted that Ted Haggard has left the "restoration" program that was supposed to make him straight again. Left it three years early (out of a five-year hitch) and cut all ties to the church. Who didn't see that coming?
This statement needed more love and attention, and I'm considering starting a thread about it. 5 YEAR PROGRAM? LOL what the hell was he enrolled in, Stalin's Home for Wayward Faggots? Jesus H Christ, that has to be the most hellish 5 years of a person's life.. I need to look into this story more. I guess it would take alot of brainwashing to turn a gay man straight, but my god, 5 years.. that should send some bells of in people's heads how fing crazy those programs are.

I've always been fascinated by those defagation homes. The interviews with people who've been in them...it's crushing just listening to them, especially the ones who believe it's the right thing, but can't do it. And obviously they just don't have Faith. Can you imagine the freaky gay sex you could have there? If I were gay, I would enroll, pick a hot one, wait 'til he seems ready to crack, and romance that homo. Can you imagine what suppressed-for-too-long spooky religious faghouse bursting-point sex is like? I'll bet you'd be climbing the walls, cumming ropes all the way to the Promiseland.

5 YEAR PROGRAM? LOL what the hell was he enrolled in, Stalin's Home for Wayward Faggots? Jesus H Christ, that has to be the most hellish 5 years of a person's life.. I need to look into this story more. I guess it would take alot of brainwashing to turn a gay man straight, but my god, 5 years.. that should send some bells of in people's heads how fing crazy those programs are.
Ba ha ha ha!
I've always been fascinated by those defagation homes. The interviews with people who've been in them...it's crushing just listening to them, especially the ones who believe it's the right thing, but can't do it. And obviously they just don't have Faith. Can you imagine the freaky gay sex you could have there? If I were gay, I would enroll, pick a hot one, wait 'til he seems ready to crack, and romance that homo. Can you imagine what suppressed-for-too-long spooky religious faghouse bursting-point sex is like? I'll bet you'd be climbing the walls, cumming ropes all the way to the Promiseland.
Not that there's anything wrong with it.
I wish people would stop taking what he has to say seriously and as if it were worthy of response. He's either insane, or a fake account trying to bait people into insane, childish debates. Either way, responding to him at all is a huge waste of time. This statement needed more love and attention, and I'm considering starting a thread about it. 5 YEAR PROGRAM? LOL what the hell was he enrolled in, Stalin's Home for Wayward Faggots? Jesus H Christ, that has to be the most hellish 5 years of a person's life.. I need to look into this story more. I guess it would take alot of brainwashing to turn a gay man straight, but my god, 5 years.. that should send some bells of in people's heads how fing crazy those programs are.
I wish you would grow up and stop being such a little bitch.Nobody here cares about your stupid opinion. All you do is attack people and when someone fires back...you get all pissed off.Practice what you preach and stop responding to me. Use the ignore feature. Whatever.We don't care to hear you whine any more. Go troll somewhere else.
no, just a little safer when people stop taking the bible literally.
I don't get it... you feel unsafe when people take the Bible literally?
I don't get it... you feel unsafe when people take the Bible literally?
The golden rule has resulted in many wars and plaugues...it's revisionist history
The golden rule has resulted in many wars and plaugues...it's revisionist history
Kind of an extreme view though.... depending on where you live I guess.
do you just post nonsensical replies like this because you like it when hollywood gives you a ba-ZING?
I wish you would grow up and stop being such a little bitch.Nobody here cares about your stupid opinion. All you do is attack people and when someone fires back...you get all pissed off.Practice what you preach and stop responding to me. Use the ignore feature. Whatever.We don't care to hear you whine any more. Go troll somewhere else.
Who here needs to grow up? Pot, meet kettle.
This statement needed more love and attention, and I'm considering starting a thread about it. 5 YEAR PROGRAM? LOL what the hell was he enrolled in, Stalin's Home for Wayward Faggots? Jesus H Christ, that has to be the most hellish 5 years of a person's life.. I need to look into this story more. I guess it would take alot of brainwashing to turn a gay man straight, but my god, 5 years.. that should send some bells of in people's heads how fing crazy those programs are.
Awwww, <3.Also LOL.
Genius, pure genius.