Many Paths Poll

yes.
Cmon, give him a break. Its tough to live in the 3 percentile on anything, much less on this issue. His life is miserable. He's due a few screw ups. That's a pretty big one, though, not like him at all.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it really matters what a poll says if at judgment day god is himself exclusionary.
it should matter to your confidence in the truth of your fundamentalist interpretation of the bible if most of humanity and even most christians don't agree with you.
it should matter to your confidence in the truth of your fundamentalist interpretation of the bible if most of humanity and even most christians don't agree with you.
No. Few will be saved, there is a myriad of reasons for that. The biggest one is people will believe whatever is easiest. Most of humanity doesn't agree with you, you seem to be comfortable.
No. Few will be saved, there is a myriad of reasons for that. The biggest one is people will believe whatever is easiest.
it's easiest to believe whatever is supported by one's own common sense. as i said religious people who believe in many paths do so because it fits much better with their modern moral sensibilities than believing in exclusionary fundamentalisms based on ancient texts written by superstitious primitives.
Most of humanity doesn't agree with you, you seem to be comfortable.
unlike you i'm not claiming to know any all-encompassing truth about god for humanity to agree or disagree with.

i wouldn't take this poll to mean that christians are losing faith or whatever. i'd take it to mean that people aren't the assholes they used to be. that's a good thing.

it's easiest to believe whatever is supported by one's own common sense. as i said religious people who believe in many paths do so because it fits much better with their modern moral sensibilities than believing in exclusionary fundamentalisms based on ancient texts written by superstitious primitives.unlike you i'm not claiming to know any all-encompassing truth about god for humanity to agree or disagree with.
Ok. People still disagree with you, most people. My point remains valid. I am comfortable, you are comfortable, but- unlike you- I don't care what you do. One of us needs to get over it. Also, I agree Checky, people for the most part- and I have found this in my own church as well- just aren't as driven to be dicks about it if you will. There is value in live and let live. That being said, you can't claim christianity and then deny a pillar of the doctrine, that being said it once again only proves what I have said for years, most "christians" aren't really so.
Ok. People still disagree with you, most people. My point remains valid.
about what? about a literal interpretation of the bible not being supported by evidence? news flash most agree with that.
Also, I agree Checky, people for the most part- and I have found this in my own church as well- just aren't as driven to be dicks about it if you will. There is value in live and let live. That being said, you can't claim christianity and then deny a pillar of the doctrine, that being said it once again only proves what I have said for years, most "christians" aren't really so.
you're confused. the a-hole part is exactly the type of thing you say in your last sentence.
He's due a few screw ups.That's a pretty big one, though, not like him at all.
I fail to see the screwup in what brvheart quoted unless I'm misunderstanding what he's saying. if he's implying they're contradictory in some way, I have to disagree.and yeah, polling is pretty gd hard to do correctly.
about what? about a literal interpretation of the bible not being supported by evidence? news flash most agree with that.you're confused. the a-hole part is exactly the type of thing you say in your last sentence.
Sometimes the truth hurts. I don't really care. Personally I find it repulsive that people would actually decide to ignore parts of the bible and still call themselves christian. Repulsive, and flat out ****ing dumb. Might as well not even bother.
Sometimes the truth hurts. I don't really care. Personally I find it repulsive that people would actually decide to ignore parts of the bible and still call themselves christian. Repulsive, and flat out ****ing dumb. Might as well not even bother.
so i assume you still believe there was a global flood 5000 years ago?

Decline of atheism refers to the fact, observed by many noted sociologists, that atheism as a public ideology in Europe and America is in decline, and has been for some time. In China particularly, Christianity is replacing atheism at an extraordinary pace. According to Munich theologian Wolfhart Pannenberg, "Atheism as a theoretical position is in decline worldwide."According to Oxford's Alister McGrath, Atheism's "future seems increasingly to lie in the private beliefs of individuals rather than in the great public domain it once regarded as its habitat."Reasons cited for the decline of atheism include: * Substantive challenges to naturalistic explanations for the origin of life; * Substantive challenges to psychological theories viewing religion as a pathology, and a scientific demonstration of the health benefits of a spiritual life; * Philosophical challenges to the presuppositions and axioms of atheism, such as materialism; * The decline of Marxism and Leninism; * Tenuousness of belief in atheism by many of its own believers; * Reduction in atheism and resurgence of theistic belief worldwide; * Inhuman acts committed by atheists throughout the 20th century; Christians not sticking to the letter of the law and accepting other paths?Atheists decreasing in number?What next? Those silly Jews making a comeback?

Decline of atheism refers to the fact, observed by many noted sociologists
why don't you try naming one "noted sociologist" who claims atheism is declining and isn't a religious author trying to sell books to christians.
that atheism as a public ideology in Europe and America is in decline, and has been for some time.
utterly false - this is a humanist site but it is referring to real polls -http://www.humaniststudies.org/enews/?id=281&article=0
Reasons cited for the decline of atheism include: * Substantive challenges to naturalistic explanations for the origin of life; * Substantive challenges to psychological theories viewing religion as a pathology, and a scientific demonstration of the health benefits of a spiritual life; * Philosophical challenges to the presuppositions and axioms of atheism, such as materialism; * The decline of Marxism and Leninism; * Tenuousness of belief in atheism by many of its own believers; * Reduction in atheism and resurgence of theistic belief worldwide; * Inhuman acts committed by atheists throughout the 20th century;
that's some first rate propaganda there.
why don't you try naming one "noted sociologist" who claims atheism is declining and isn't a religious author trying to sell books to christians. utterly false - this is a humanist site but it is referring to real pollshttp://www.humaniststudies.org/enews/?id=281&article=0that's some first rate propaganda there.
LMAO... exactly how I thought you would react.Just because you say something is "utterly false" doesn't mean that it is. The point I was making is that by doing 1 google search for decline of atheism.... I found this article from creationwiki. Funny how you reacted to something you disagree with.lol
LMAO... exactly how I thought you would react.Just because you say something is "utterly false" doesn't mean that it is. The point I was making is that by doing 1 google search for decline of atheism.... I found this article from creationwiki. Funny how you reacted to something you disagree with.lol
not a matter of disagreement. there are numerous polls that show the claims being made about europe and the USA are false (not aware of any polls on atheism in china lol). the claims were made by religious authors with known agendas to sell as many books to christians as possible. anyone with 1/2 a brain can see the article is obvious propaganda - in particular the "reasons" for decline are preposterous, most being simple smear attempts that have nothing to do with atheism. how would you like me to react? :club:
not a matter of disagreement. there are numerous polls that show the claims being made about europe and the USA are false (not aware of any polls on atheism in china lol). the claims were made by religious authors with known agendas to sell as many books to christians as possible. anyone with 1/2 a brain can see the article is obvious propaganda - in particular the "reasons" for decline are preposterous, most being simple smear attempts that have nothing to do with atheism. how would you like me to react? :club:
Like an adult in a real conversation that wasn't being attacked personally?lol.... Any "study" or "poll" that disagrees with your views must be propaganda, right? And any poll that favors your views must be credible, right?Reminds me of that commercial where the guy says "95% of all statistics can be made to say anything... at least 50% of the time."
Like an adult in a real conversation that wasn't being attacked personally?
i thought my response was reasonable. if you're going to accuse anyone of taking challenges as personal attacks maybe you should look in the mirror. you seem to be an expert at it.
lol.... Any "study" or "poll" that disagrees with your views must be propaganda, right?
you didn't post a study or poll or any other data. you posted quotes by religious authors taken from an article on a creationist website.
And any poll that favors your views must be credible, right?
if multiple polls from different sources all agree they are usually on the right track. it's not exactly a big secret that irreligious categories have all recently grown very rapidly in europe and to a lesser extent in the USA. someone who claims the opposite is true is either grossly misinformed, delusional, or a simple charlatan.
Like an adult in a real conversation that wasn't being attacked personally?
The amount of patience displayed by Crow when dealing with you is nothing short of remarkable. You routinely post responses that have absolutely nothing to do with the content of the post to which you are responding, but rather represent either ad ad hominem attacks or just blithe conclusory statements for which you offer no support.
I gotta say... not shocking news.It's like saying..."This just in: Most Americans are over-weight"wow.
That's the most boring post I've ever seen..... Including 98% of my own.
You should stop trying so hard to be one of the "cool" guys... it's not working for you.Nice try though. Thanks for playing.
LOL
The alter-ego has risen with his infinite wisdom.You don't get things.... that makes me smile.

I should have waited a few minutes to make that last post, because while I was authoring it, you were in the process of making my point for me.Your response to a post that points out that you often fail to actually address the merits of the post to which you are responding:

You don't get things.... that makes me smile.
The amount of patience displayed by Crow when dealing with you is nothing short of remarkable. You routinely post responses that have absolutely nothing to do with the content of the post to which you are responding, but rather represent either ad ad hominem attacks or just blithe conclusory statements for which you offer no support.
I have to disagree with you.It appears to me that HollyDummass did exactly what Crow did: Pointed to an article on the interweb. It's obvious he only does things like this to irritate some people but you don't understand that. You rear your head to support your other accounts in an effort to propagate yourself. In other words.... it's like me talking to myself to make others believe I have supporters. As stated in prior posts, allow me to retort: If the post don't fit... you must acquit. "You routinely post responses that have absolutely nothing to do with the content of the post to which you are responding" --- Much like you just did. Now that is funny. These pretzels are making me thirsty !
It's obvious he only does things like this to irritate some people but you don't understand that.
I want to believe that is true.
You rear your head to support your other accounts in an effort to propagate yourself. In other words.... it's like me talking to myself to make others believe I have supporters.
You think Crow and I are the same person?
"You routinely post responses that have absolutely nothing to do with the content of the post to which you are responding" --- Much like you just did. Now that is funny.
That's fair.
These pretzels are making me thirsty !
I think you're mixing up Jackie Childs, Johnnie Cochran, Jules Winnfeld and Kramer. The correct remark was actually: "who told you to put the balm on?"
In a different thread you told me they polled the whole world and you are using those 'polls' results in this thread to try to make the case that atheism is gaining ground, and now you admit they never polled china?There's a lot of people in china...AND they are part of the world.(Although I've never been there and am taking their existance on faith.)I think less time reading polls linked from atheist websites would help you spend less time arging with people that have different polls from religious based websites that says something different.
I want to believe that is true.You think Crow and I are the same person?That's fair.I think you're mixing up Jackie Childs, Johnnie Cochran, Jules Winnfeld and Kramer. The correct remark was actually: "who told you to put the balm on?"
you can't be, crow's shift key is broken