5/10 Nlhe (live At The Borgata)

Hero is in the cutoff ($1350) with two red Queens.MP 2 ($900)---just sat down no readsSB ($2500)----seems to be a very good player. Tight but aggressive when in a pot. Just doubled up by cagily slowplaying a flopped flush.Folds to MP2 who makes standard raise to $35. Folds to hero who makes it $110 to go. SB flat calls. MP 1 calls. Flop is 10/6/6 rainbow. SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $220, SB calls, MP2 calls.Turn: 10/6/6/3 (completing the full rainbow)SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero ???I felt like I might be getting slowplayed by pocket 10s. Could SB possibly have 76 sooted or something? fwiw, I put MP2 on JJ but I had no clue where SB could possibly be.

I think I check behind here for 2 reasons.1) Pot control.2) You'll get the same information as to whether your hand is good and you get to see the river as well. If they have you beat, you'll know by the time it gets to you on the river.I'm very curious how others would play this.

You're really praying the SB has A-T or JJ here... I think it's ok to slow it down on this turn, considering his flat from the SB of a three bet, and then call on the flop here really reeks of AA, KK, or TT

I think I check behind here for 2 reasons.1) Pot control.2) You'll get the same information as to whether your hand is good and you get to see the river as well. If they have you beat, you'll know by the time it gets to you on the river.I'm very curious how others would play this.
My first impulse is to check behind, too. But then I think that two villains called a reraise AND our flop bet. Why?Obv that the whole table isn't sitting on AK. Problem is our check can open the door for a move on the river. I think we're going broke sooner or later in this hand.

even days later I am not sure what I should have done here....thanks for the input peoples.I will post the results tonight or something. It was one of the more interesting hands I have ever played.

When MP2 overcalls the flop, he's almost always got TT or 6x here. I would check it back and probably fold to most river bets.

OK everyone agrees this pattern is spooky as hell.I decided to check behind on the turn.The river was an A. SB checks, MP2 checks. Easy decision to check again right? So I did.Results:

SB shows JJ. MP2 shows QQ. I show QQ. MP2 and I split the pot.

check turn imo. two calls on a paired board wud scare me. I don't think you get alot of value out of a 10 fwiw either. With position, makes river play easier.

Cold-calls of 3-bets in NLHE are almost always QQ/JJ/TT.
You don't think AK or AQs can call a 3-bet? I think you're assigning too tight a range.

People are more likely to coldcall 3 bets with hands like 99-QQ than they are with AQ/AK simply becuase most people in these spots will shove AK and fold AQ.Also, live players SUCK and coldcall 3 bets with crap that they never should call with.

You don't think AK or AQs can call a 3-bet? I think you're assigning too tight a range.
They do sometimes...more likely in Limit though.Seriously...I bet if you went through someone's FR NLHE database and looked for every instance of a 3-bet cold-call, 90% of the time, the range is QQ/JJ/TT.
They do sometimes...more likely in Limit though.Seriously...I bet if you went through someone's FR NLHE database and looked for every instance of a 3-bet cold-call, 90% of the time, the range is QQ/JJ/TT.
I agree although Acid's comment that live players are more likely to cold-call a 3-bet with something dumb.What you really mean is a 3 bet cold call SHOULD mean TT--QQ but in reality I have seen people do it with AJ, AQ, AK, and even 66--99 a number of times. Live only. I see lots of wacky stuff live.....I dont see too many strange plays online anymore. Sadly.