lol... I could have sworn that I made a post in this thread yesterday. Why was my post deleted?
I think you quoted a spammer and your post along with the spammer was deleted.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

I've been trying to get back into men's tennis but I think the main problem for me is that none of the USA guys have a shot. I use to be way into Agassi and Sampras. Nadal definitely has a shot though if he can stay healthy to reach Federers record. Other guys are getting better so if you are into it it's fun. For example I think Wawrinka is taking it to the Murray, Nadal, Djokovic level. More guys are improving.

Yeah. I think the fact that there's a legitimate chance of someone already at least tying Roger's record is a testament to how well some of these guys are playing right now. It's funny how Roger seemed to stop doing so well after breaking the record. I don't know enough about the sport to know if he doesn't care as much, or if he just got burnt out.

I think it is a combo of both him getting a little older and some of these other guys just getting really good. Djokovic and Murray were around for awhile before they became threats.

I think it is a combo of both him getting a little older and some of these other guys just getting really good. Djokovic and Murray were around for awhile before they became threats.

Federer's record since he won his last major pretty much mirrors other all time greats in terms of age and level of performance. It's really really hard to stay on top in tennis especially today when the game is far more athletic than it ever has been in the past.

The last 6 or 7 years we have really been treated to some great tennis. Federer considered to be the best player ever. Nadal is the best player on clay courts ever and this year hasn't lost a match on hard courts and Djokovic who has the best return of serve in the history of tennis. People think that having a big serve is the best shot to have but it's actually the return which is more important.

• 7 months later...