Murray v Federer in the Cincinnati Masters semis coming up.Murray has beaten Federer before obviously, but I think the timing of this one is quite important. He's just gone to World Number 2 and the US Open is just around the corner... With Nadal struggling a little and Murray's continued improvement, I think he could finally be in genuine contention to get his first Grand Slam. Beating Fed today would be a big boost.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray v Federer in the Cincinnati Masters semis coming up.Murray has beaten Federer before obviously, but I think the timing of this one is quite important. He's just gone to World Number 2 and the US Open is just around the corner... With Nadal struggling a little and Murray's continued improvement, I think he could finally be in genuine contention to get his first Grand Slam. Beating Fed today would be a big boost.
:club: That went well for Andy :ts
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hewitt vs Federer tonight. I'm hoping for a great match since I'm staying up until 3:30 am just to watch it start O_o

I think I may have gotten pissed about this before...but are there like no security at these things. It took 4 sets of yelling during Roddick's serve for the guys in yellow coats (apparently security) to show up in the Roddick vs Gonzales match.Also, who the **** yells during someone's serve. Like are you crazy? This is a major tennis tournament, I would be embarrased to yell then have everyone around me telling me to shutup.It's not just the Aussie Open, happens at almost every big tournament I watch, especially the US Open. At every pro sports event I've been to there is usually security at the bottom of each section not watching the game, but the crowd. Is this not the case at all with tennis or am I missing something.

I think I may have gotten pissed about this before...but are there like no security at these things. It took 4 sets of yelling during Roddick's serve for the guys in yellow coats (apparently security) to show up in the Roddick vs Gonzales match.Also, who the **** yells during someone's serve. Like are you crazy? This is a major tennis tournament, I would be embarrased to yell then have everyone around me telling me to shutup.It's not just the Aussie Open, happens at almost every big tournament I watch, especially the US Open. At every pro sports event I've been to there is usually security at the bottom of each section not watching the game, but the crowd. Is this not the case at all with tennis or am I missing something.
You might get embarrassed, but you likely wouldn't care if you're wasted.Hence, all the noise at the US and AO. People get drunk throughout their day and then they just have a blast.Your point about the security is well taken though. Those morons should get tossed the very first time they're yelling during a toss. It's ridiculous.

I feel like some of these upcoming guys should be beating Federer, but Federer has this aura that surrounds him that gets in his opponent's heads and they play like shit. First 2 sets for Murray was the worst he played the whole tournament. In the third every time he got some kind of advantage he would choke.

• 4 months later...
Isner vs. Mahut. It's 35-34 in the fifth. Longest match in historyIf anyone is out there. Find a place to watch it
46-45 broadcast over and I dont have ESPNU or ESPN3 lol
That was amazing.
agree but it's also pathetic that neither can break the others serve.

WIMBLEDON, England - One day after winning the longest tennis match ever, John Isner lost in about 75 minutes.The Wimbledon marathon man looked weary from the outset Friday, required treatment for a neck injury and was beaten by unseeded Thiemo de Bakker 6-0, 6-3, 6-2.Isner had no aces after hitting a record 112 in his epic three-day victory over Nicolas Mahut.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm really happy that Nadal has his career slam. I can't see anything negative about him.Djokovic I just don't know, there's something about him that makes me want him to always lose.

I'm really happy that Nadal has his career slam. I can't see anything negative about him.Djokovic I just don't know, there's something about him that makes me want him to always lose.
He used to quit all the time when he thought he was out of it, and it was obvious. Thats why I usually don't like him. He definitely has stepped his game up though. The Federer match was epic.
His serving routine ;)I'm happy that he won it too although I am definitely a proponent of flashier tennis than he usually plays.
  • 3 months later...