Pros That Are Not Making Noise At This Years Wsop So Far.

thats bs.We often talk as one about who are the true professionals in this game, as opposed to the 'celebrities' of the game.At the end of the day Alan Ciunningham, Phil Ivey and esfandiari havent won any main event titles. However Jamie Gold and friends have.Jamie Gold, in one tournament took down more cash money than cunningham and most poker players have in a lifetime. He has proven himself and as such i rate him one of the greatest players of all time. He beat 9000! Some players here struggle to beat 900 people and will never ever win a bracelet.That is why Gold, looking through the jealousy is in the top 5 maybe even the second greatest player of all time in my opinion. (Behind alan cunningham who is still the best imo).
I couldn't disagree with you more.Anyone can win a tournament. Consistency is the gauge with which we rate pros, no?Your posts hurt my head. It already hurts from my hangover, and you're just making it worse. Thx budday!p.s. Jamie Gold is a luckbox who ran good for a week. He coolered EVERY. SINGLE. PLAYER. (exxageration..) at that final table, or got it in w/ the worst of it and obviously hit a draw. LOL DOCUMENTS.
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cunningham is a good player, but after Gold made him look like a internet micro player at that final table, I have a hard time with Cunningham as the best anything.
You can't be serious?john_mcenroehof.jpg
thats bs.We often talk as one about who are the true professionals in this game, as opposed to the 'celebrities' of the game.At the end of the day Alan Ciunningham, Phil Ivey and esfandiari havent won any main event titles. However Jamie Gold and friends have.Jamie Gold, in one tournament took down more cash money than cunningham and most poker players have in a lifetime. He has proven himself and as such i rate him one of the greatest players of all time. He beat 9000! Some players here struggle to beat 900 people and will never ever win a bracelet.That is why Gold, looking through the jealousy is in the top 5 maybe even the second greatest player of all time in my opinion. (Behind alan cunningham who is still the best imo).
Life's good when you make the effective nuts every single hand at the final two tables. Also, MarioGTFO.gif
Watch the FT....Cunningham should have ran that table over..instead he played scared and got worked by Gold Big Time!!!...
Hard to run over people that hold the nuts every single hand. Name one hand where Jamie outplayed Allen without a hand.
Watch the FT....Cunningham should have ran that table over..instead he played scared and got worked by Gold Big Time!!!...
B/c most players who are getting ran over call with A high for huge pot
Jamie GoldChris MoneymakerJerry YangSammy FarhaTodd/Doyle BrunsonAntoni EsfandiariAnnie DukeJoe HachemScott FishmanJust to name a few, discuss...edit: and please do Add to this list
Here are some well known although admittedly not necesarily A list:Layne FlackPhil GordonPhil LaakEli ElezraClonie Gowen(LOL)Howard LedererEric SeidelPatric AntoniousSome pretty good names there
My add to the list would be:Everyone I selected in the WSOP Pool!!!! Dammit, I only have 44 points so far!Zero from Ferguson, Greenstein, Mortensen, Cunningham, Chiu, Hellmuth
Didn't greenstein win a bracelet?
I don't care what you say, Allen Cunningham is one of the best and most consistent players out there today. Do you realize how hard it is to make final tables?Do you realize how hard it is to win a tournament?5 pages worth of ridiculous stats for Allen Cunningham
Here are some well known although admittedly not necesarily A list:Layne Flack 5/9 playing today in the PLO w/rebuysPhil Gordon shouldn't even be considered a pro hasn't had a cash since 2007Phil Laak one Final table and a 24th place finishEli Elezra 3 cashes including 5th, 18th, and 19thClonie Gowen(LOL) 2 cashes (15th, 60th)Howard Lederer 3 cashes including 2 final tables (6th,9th,12th)Eric Seidel one final table (5th)Patric Antonious 2 cashes 1 final table (7th, 27th)Some pretty good names there
seems like almost all of these pros are having decent years
looooooooooool...just from what espn broadcasted.... we saw cunningham make an A high call all the way to the river against gold to ship a nice pot.... we saw himc orrectly lay down top pair on the turn when gold turned the straight... and we saw gold MAKE A HORRIBLE CALL WITH KJ BECAUSE HE KNEW HE WAS OUTMATCHED!
Adding a name to the list...Where's Dan Harrington this year?
From what I understand he doesn't play a lot of WSOP tournies. I don't even look for his name on chip counts though he's a favorite of mine when he does play.

I love all the posts in this thread, where the poster makes a list of "pros" who havent done much at this years WSOP.When in fact 90% of those on their list have already cashed, sometimes multiple times.Are you people ACTUALLY following this years series, or you just pullin names outta your a$$?

I love all the posts in this thread, where the poster makes a list of "pros" who havent done much at this years WSOP.When in fact 90% of those on their list have already cashed, sometimes multiple times.Are you people ACTUALLY following this years series, or you just pullin names outta your a$$?
Was this really necessary? Didn't realize you took this so personally lol.
Was this really necessary? Didn't realize you took this so personally lol.
I dont. But why just randomly pick names you THINK arent doin well without really knowing if they are?
FYPHarrington is virtually retired AFAIK
Can't call any poker player retired. Harrington is definitely about as close as it gets in terms of big names not playing. I remember an interview he did about his book series where he said one of the main reasons for writing the books was to make money (duh). He probably likes the more reliable income. Who the hell wouldn't.

J.C. Tran been pretty good thus far this year andDavid dragon PhamVanessa Selbst

Jamie GoldChris MoneymakerJerry YangSammy FarhaTodd/Doyle BrunsonAntoni EsfandiariAnnie DukeJoe HachemScott FishmanJust to name a few, discuss...edit: and please do Add to this list
Uhhhhhh, When has he recently?