From Pokernews: I hadn't seen this mentioned.. if it has been, feel free to delete or lock.

JC Alvarado decided to call after two players were all in preflop. JC held A-Q, another player held A-K, and the remaining player held pocket tens. The tens held up, and JC was stuck with just 50 in chips.On the next hand, JC was all in with A-10, which made Broadway, and was good enough to net him 200 chips. After the hand, JC yelled as loud as he could with excitement, then immediately apologized, saying, "Sorry about that, I've always wanted to yell like that during an event but was waiting for a pot so small that I wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings."Immediately after the hand, JC went all in in the dark and was called by one player. His opponent showed A-8 and JC held 10-3. JC spiked a 10 on the flop, which held up.On the hand immediately after, JC doubled up again and is now up to 1,700."Now I've got enough chips to play like a nit again," he cracked.
Hilarious :club:
I'd like to know how AQ isn't an instamuck in that spot?GL though.
It doesn't give stack sizes. If you have 650 in the BB at 50/100 and 2 stacks shorter than you get it all in, are you folding AQ there? Not saying thats what happened but I am guessing he didn't have a lot of chips.Or even, you have 1800, short stack ships hijack, slightly bigger stack ships over the top from cutoff, you are on the button, you folding AQ?
JC Alvarado decided to call after two players were all in preflop.
I'd like to know how AQ isn't an instamuck in that spot?
Um, in what spot? The action is not described.
Um, in what spot? The action is not described.
You are right, he might have easily been commited, wish I could see the action though.

Heh, it was actually funnier than reported....I left when I saw I had 50 chips, and told Redlin at the table to call me if I won my showdown, like online...I forget that they blind you off here and your hand is dead. As I was walking out the door I decided to run back to the table and got it in with AT vs A9..,..I actually got it back up to 5400 at 150/300 but I didn't pick up any hands and blinded to 4500. I fcked it up though, I was at a new table and a guy opened utg and looked really strong so I folded 99 from the button I said "damn I laid down a huge hand"..he nods his head and says "I had it" and flips over AJo, in a spot where I'm happy to race. I told him I had 99 and some lady asked me if I really folded 99 like she's never heard of such a play in her life.....2 hands later a guy opens 3.5x and I look down at 99, I knew I should fold again with 10bb's behind but I shipped it, the lady, who knew I folded 99 2 hands before called with TT which doesn't seem wrong, but is just very weird.The AQ hand, was weird....Believer82 opened to 550 I think I flat call with about 4400 behind at 1/2 25...a guy moves in for 1k more so the pot odds are huge but I thought if believer just calls I fold and if he ships it's probably a weaker hand. So he ships and I called getting pretty good odds and theres a very high chance that he's iso shoving with AJ and hands like 66....also I get a good stack if I scoop both players...

I'd like to know how AQ isn't an instamuck in that spot?GL though.
AQ is never an insta muck. I was in the BB a couple of years ago in the 25k wpt tourney. Folds to the button who makes standard raise. I re-raise and he shoves. I obviously call, he obviously has aces, and I obviously win by making a runner runner straight. In order to truly master poker, you have to understand drawing power. This is something that I cover in great detail during training in s7s.AQ is a very underrated hand. If it's suited you can make flushes in addition to straights. Even if it's not suited you can make flushes sometimes. Lets say that the Ace is a male, and the Queen is a female. You really have two strong forces working for you at the same time.Hope this helps clarify.
i'm pretty sure saying that male & female work better together when sooooted is racist.
I'm not sure if you are REALLY understanding the power of AQ and all of the metaphors that are being used.......
AQ is never an insta muck. I was in the BB a couple of years ago in the 25k wpt tourney. Folds to the button who makes standard raise. I re-raise and he shoves. I obviously call, he obviously has aces, and I obviously win by making a runner runner straight. In order to truly master poker, you have to understand drawing power. This is something that I cover in great detail during training in s7s.AQ is a very underrated hand. If it's suited you can make flushes in addition to straights. Even if it's not suited you can make flushes sometimes. Lets say that the Ace is a male, and the Queen is a female. You really have two strong forces working for you at the same time.Hope this helps clarify.
Have you asked Phil Ivey how he feels about AQ (especially at a WPT FT?)???
AQ is never an insta muck. I was in the BB a couple of years ago in the 25k wpt tourney. Folds to the button who makes standard raise. I re-raise and he shoves. I obviously call, he obviously has aces, and I obviously win by making a runner runner straight.
Yes, but didn't respected poker pros like Jean Robert Bellande criticize the play? How can it be a good play if a top notch guy like Jean Robert Bellande doesn't agree?