"Ahmed"daniel owes me a new keyboard since mine has mountain dew all over itbut in all seriousness, i know its a hassle DN but better safe than sorry...paying cash on a one way flight should be a big alarm to airport security for the most part, the other stuff is pretty picky of them though

Paying cash is alarming?  Do we really think that the terrorists don't have credit cards?
No one pays with cash anymore except for poker players :club: I guess they think the WPT has ties with Al Qaeda now.
Paying cash is alarming?  Do we really think that the terrorists don't have credit cards?
it's not alarming i guess...it's just different. and when i said it i meant it as i included it in the phrase of 'one way flight' which is pretty rare for someone to book just that...but regardless like i said before, i think we'd all rather be safe than sorry...the old laid back carefree 'go on in' airports got us 4 planes hi-jacked and thousands dead. of course terrorists will find ways around things but it's nice to know they have to really put forth an effort instead of easily sneaking a box-cutting knife onto an airplane, ya know??on the topic of terrorism, '24' USED to be my favorite tv show. i mean you cant really believe anything like that show but this season has made it unwatchable now. i mean, how many different places can they drive in one day and have 100% of their leads be right all the time as well as always within 10 mins driving distance?
Drug dealer and not a terrorist.. young white lots of cash, pays in cash fits the drug dealer profile more that terrorist.. they are hoping to catch a ballon in yourbutt, I think..
of course terrorists will find ways around things but it's nice to know they have to really put forth an effort instead of easily sneaking a box-cutting knife onto an airplane, ya know??
No they don't have to put up much of an effort and that's the problem here. All they really have to do to increase their chances of not getting searched would be to:A) Book flights earlyB) Use a Credit CardC) Book a two-way flight We worry too much about being politically correct in this country and that's why grandma in a wheelchair gets patted down while a dirty, bearded, young male with a crazed look in his eye walks right on by. They should hire poker players to do their profiling. The'd have a better shot of spotting terrorists than this ridiculous excuse for a screening system that the governement wastes money on.
of course terrorists will find ways around things but it's nice to know they have to really put forth an effort instead of easily sneaking a box-cutting knife onto an airplane, ya know??
No they don't have to put up much of an effort and that's the problem here. All they really have to do to increase their chances of not getting searched would be to:A) Book flights earlyB) Use a Credit CardC) Book a two-way flight We worry too much about being politically correct in this country and that's why grandma in a wheelchair gets patted down while a dirty, bearded, young male with a crazed look in his eye walks right on by. They should hire poker players to do their profiling. The'd have a better shot of spotting terrorists than this ridiculous excuse for a screening system that the governement wastes money on.

Airport security is a total joke. I've accidentally taken my pocket knife on flights twice and nobody said a word. Yet, a friend of mine had a money clip confiscated because it had a friggin' nail file on it. And even though the infamous shoe bomber only needed a light to bring his plane down, the smoking lobby still made it perfectly legal to take up to four books of matches on a flight. I hate to say it people, but the whole rigamarole with the TSA at an airport is just for show. There are so many holes in it that it's near useless for actually providing security. It's there to make us FEEL more secure, not actually secure us. Alright, my rant for the day is done, I suppose. Flame away.

"dirty" ahhahhahaaha Do you think these terrorists are flying straight from the caves of Pakistan into the twin towers? I imagine they may take a shower, and trim the ole beard before the attack, but I could be wrong..
"dirty" ahhahhahaaha Do you think these terrorists are flying straight from the caves of Pakistan into the twin towers? I imagine they may take a shower, and trim the ole beard before the attack, but I could be wrong..
"dirty" ahhahhahaaha Do you think these terrorists are flying straight from the caves of Pakistan into the twin towers?  I imagine they may take a shower, and trim the ole beard before the attack, but I could be wrong..
Yeah, you would be wrong and don't remember the Shoe bomber then. Dirty and crazy.Of course, they did shave before 9/11 and Richard Reid wasn't Arab. But, the point was that mr. dirty/crazy is probably a greater risk than 70 yr old grandma on oxygen tank - not whatever incorrect side point you made.
Daniel i think you've been watching too many Michael Moore movies my man. i do agree with the whole 'we worry too much about being politically correct' statement. however, things have changed since 9-11 and i think although security still is a joke for the most part, it has indeed worked because nothing has happend since then. maybe 'they' havent tried anything but regardless, we have been safe on our homefront since 9-11 so thats good enough for me....i am curious though, what would you propose be a new system? since you travel so much, i am guessing you have some pretty good ideas on how to improve....

tell us how you really feel DN :club: Just kidding, but I hear ya on the airport screening. It is a little ridiculous.

however, things have changed since 9-11 and i think although security still is a joke for the most part, it has indeed worked because nothing has happend since then.
Don't you think this is sort of flawed logic? To be technical, nothing happened from 1941-12-7 (Pearl Harbor) until 2001-9-11. That's a shade shy of 60 years before the department of Homeland Security graced us with its presence. To say that Homeland Security has kept us safe for the past 3 years and change since the attacks is making a huge leap of faith. It would be similar to me saying that me regularly mowing my lawn has prevented my house from being hit by a tornado. It's obviously working because my house hasn't been hit by a tornado yet.
however, things have changed since 9-11 and i think although security still is a joke for the most part, it has indeed worked because nothing has happend since then.
Don't you think this is sort of flawed logic? To be technical, nothing happened from 1941-12-7 (Pearl Harbor) until 2001-9-11. That's a shade shy of 60 years before the department of Homeland Security graced us with its presence. To say that Homeland Security has kept us safe for the past 3 years and change since the attacks is making a huge leap of faith. It would be similar to me saying that me regularly mowing my lawn has prevented my house from being hit by a tornado. It's obviously working because my house hasn't been hit by a tornado yet.
Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.Lisa: That's spacious reasoning, Dad.Homer: Thank you, dear.Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.Homer: Oh, how does it work?Lisa: It doesn't work.Homer: Uh-huh.Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.Homer: Uh-huh.Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.[Lisa refuses at first, then takes the exchange]
Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.Lisa: That's spacious reasoning, Dad.Homer: Thank you, dear.Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.Homer: Oh, how does it work?Lisa: It doesn't work.Homer: Uh-huh.Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.Homer: Uh-huh.Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.[Lisa refuses at first, then takes the exchange]
LMAO, I'm glad somebody pointed it out. It's the very first thing that came to mind when I was writing my original reply. There's a Simpsons quote to fit almost any situation.
i swear people in this country are just looking for things to complain about. DN's travel woes are legit. but you trying to justify that is pathetic. i guess we should just go back to how it was when 4 airplanes were hi-jacked which left thousands dead. ya know, because Homeland Security does nothing now, might as well get rid of it.and to say 'nothing' happend is rediculous. oklahoma city bombing (which wasnt even a foreign terrorist) as well as attacks on US Embassys (which is techinically our soil) all over the world come to mind.

If there is even a .0000001% chance that the regulations and search procedures will prevent another attack, then I could not care less if Daniel gets stopped for 5 hours every time he steps on a plane. It does make the most sense for terrorists to pay cash last minute, because it keeps them under the radar. The FBI keeps tabs on thousands of extremists, so they need to minimize their exposure to the system.Daniel, sorry it's a pain for you, but come on...flying around the continent first class to play poker and promote the game you love (and get rich in the process)...it's hard for your average forum member to be sympathetic.For the record, I don't think your journal entry was racist. I think there are too many hyper-sensitive people lurking around here.

i swear people in this country are just looking for things to complain about. DN's travel woes are legit. but you trying to justify that is pathetic. i guess we should just go back to how it was when 4 airplanes were hi-jacked which left thousands dead. ya know, because Homeland Security does nothing now, might as well get rid of it.and to say 'nothing' happend is rediculous. oklahoma city bombing (which wasnt even a foreign terrorist) as well as attacks on US Embassys (which is techinically our soil) all over the world come to mind.
I agree with the bolded portion.
They should hire poker players to do their profiling. The'd have a better shot of spotting terrorists than this ridiculous excuse for a screening system that the governement wastes money on.
Hah. Best idea ever!