Tiger Done For The Year

And the US golfers....fed up with the big story being Tiger's absence....just might get their asses in gear and beat those dirty Euros with their fancy looking monopoly money.Or not. But it would not be that surprising....
fyp

When people say he shouldnt have played the open and rested his knee is not really a cut a dry situation. The knee surgery 8 weeks ago was just so he can hopefully play the rest of the season and then shut it down in the off season and get the acl fixed. If he didnt play the open there is no way to know that he would have been able to play the rest of the season anyway. The answer to that poll has to be see tiger play one of the best if not the best golf tournaments in history with the way that it unfolded is great for the game of golf. If it was for sure that if Tiger would have been alright and could have played the rest of the year if he hadnt then it would have been best for him to skip this one. I would definitely rather have him win the us open like he did rather than watching him w/d from the buick open in MI and then shut it down.

At least we now know that he wasn't faking his knee injury.
Was this seriously questioned?
It was actually questioned by a few pros. Concensus was that he showed pain only whenever he hit a bad shot. I'm pretty sure it was Retief Goosen (not 100% sure, it was someone like that though) who said it publicly.
i had heard this as well. it occurred to me that if i felt a burning jolt of pain mid-swing, i too would probably end up hitting a pretty crappy shot. it all depended on how he shifted his weight & the torque on the knee."he made a bad shot and suddenly was in pain" is probably less accurate than, "he was in pain, and that caused a bad shot."

As much as I read about sports and listen to sportstalk radio, I just really believe Tiger did not jeopardize his career by playing. He is a very hard-headed person and stubborn, but stupid he is not. I have to believe that the doctor told him not to play but in return Tiger asked "if I play, can I make it worse?" In response the doctor told him "no it can't get worse, but you will be in a considerable amount of pain."Maybe I am being naive, but Tiger wants the records more than anybody else. I can't imagine he would threaten permanent damage to his knee by playing just 1 major.

Just read this in a British newspaper... thought it was interesting:'Paul Casey revealed that Woods' playing partners and caddies had reported "noises" coming from his knee all last week.Casey said "There was a moment, I think on the 18th, where he stepped up to hit his tee shot and backed off because of weird noises. Everyone chuckled and Tiger said 'I shouldn't hit this one too hard.' He got it in play and made an eagle. Amazing."

you could only make this statement talking about Tiger.ask Mediate what he'd be willing to break for just one major
thats true but it still doesnt change things. Tiger is not Rocco Mediate. Tiger can reasonably expect to win many more majors if he is healthy.and rocco Mediate could never win any tournament with such a bum knee. so while I get your point it is still irrelevant.
thats true but it still doesnt change things. Tiger is not Rocco Mediate. Tiger can reasonably expect to win many more majors if he is healthy.and rocco Mediate could never win any tournament with such a bum knee. so while I get your point it is still irrelevant.
only you could agree with me and still make it sound like a debate :club:
only you could agree with me and still make it sound like a debate :ts
only me? how long have you been posting on here? :club:
only me? how long have you been posting on here? :club:
ok maybe not the "only" person but you skillfully walk that grey area. most people either agree or disagree and support.you make it sound like you disagree while actually agreeing which nullifies almost any response. now look, you've got me confusing myself
ok maybe not the "only" person but you skillfully walk that grey area. most people either agree or disagree and support.you make it sound like you disagree while actually agreeing which nullifies almost any response. now look, you've got me confusing myself
I call it the debate ender. or law school has trained me well in the dark side. or both. mwahahaha.