Agreed CobaltBlue, but there are some ingenious moments. Exposing all of those parents of child actors/models and asking what they're comfortable with was quite shocking.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These reporters are RUINING IT!! Stop investigating this or at least wait until the movie is over to publish this stuff -- why make it harder for Bruno?!
Reminds me of the Phil Hendry show.Where Phil does voices of his guests, who are the most insane people in the world, talking complete crazy trash, while Phil jumps back and forth to his regular voice and interviews them.He tells everyone he is doing all the voices on his show every single show, and people still call in upset and arguing with the 'guest'there will always people who don't make the connection and knee jerk themesleves into The Stupidity HOF.oh and Bruno looks dumb, just like his last movie was one joke carried out too long
This movie was out of control.I like Borat, and Bruno has funny moments, but the constant full frontal male nudity is awkward and excessive. (I am comfortable with nudity for purposes of art or quick humor flashes but see little point in prolonged shock attempts.)
I saw it last night. It had some good moments, but really this joke is not nearly as funny as Borat. With Borat, when he did something outrageous, people had to balance their surprise and disgust with some kind of cultural relativism. It was as if he wasn't guilty because that's just what they do in Kazakhstan. It put people in a really awkward spot and it was fun to watch their reactions. It's not nearly as interesting to see someone deal with a gay guy -- most people have some experience with that and there's really no conflict. The straight people just want to get away from him.
Greatest radio show ever in my opinion (except for his political rants).
I started listening to him when I was driving to LA late at night twice a month on KFI, he had the 11-3 am slot.I follow him whenever I can. In fact in my home game, where the tournament ends around11 usually, if I bust early I leave just so I can drive home and listen to Phil in the car.favorite commercial: Ted's Steak house of Beverly Hills. Their catch phrase?: We want to put our meat in your mouth
I started listening to him when I was driving to LA late at night twice a month on KFI, he had the 11-3 am slot.I follow him whenever I can. In fact in my home game, where the tournament ends around11 usually, if I bust early I leave just so I can drive home and listen to Phil in the car.favorite commercial: Ted's Steak house of Beverly Hills. Their catch phrase?: We want to put our meat in your mouth
Is he still on? I haven't heard him in a few years. Maybe he is just not on any of my local channels anymore.My favorite was the woman that was president of the homeowners association (or something like that). There was a clip where Phil was acting as her, and the bit was with her hosting a raging party for her high school kids with alcohol and marijuana, and she was going to let everyone drive home. A girl called in who's best friend died from a dui accident, and Phil gave up on the bit because he felt bad for the girl who called in. It was funny because Phil was trying to tell the girl that it was all a bit, and the girl kept on sobbing in the phone still not getting it. He had to explain for like 10 minutes that it was all a joke. The girl eventually got it, and actually laughed about it.
I saw it last night. It had some good moments, but really this joke is not nearly as funny as Borat. With Borat, when he did something outrageous, people had to balance their surprise and disgust with some kind of cultural relativism. It was as if he wasn't guilty because that's just what they do in Kazakhstan. It put people in a really awkward spot and it was fun to watch their reactions. It's not nearly as interesting to see someone deal with a gay guy -- most people have some experience with that and there's really no conflict. The straight people just want to get away from him.
fyp
Is he still on? I haven't heard him in a few years. Maybe he is just not on any of my local channels anymore.My favorite was the woman that was president of the homeowners association (or something like that). There was a clip where Phil was acting as her, and the bit was with her hosting a raging party for her high school kids with alcohol and marijuana, and she was going to let everyone drive home. A girl called in who's best friend died from a dui accident, and Phil gave up on the bit because he felt bad for the girl who called in. It was funny because Phil was trying to tell the girl that it was all a bit, and the girl kept on sobbing in the phone still not getting it. He had to explain for like 10 minutes that it was all a joke. The girl eventually got it, and actually laughed about it.
Yea, google his name and you can check where and when in your neighborhood.He had a short time away from the mike while he was acting in The Unit, which was canceled for the next season proving once again that CBS sucks.
Agreed CobaltBlue, but there are some ingenious moments. Exposing all of those parents of child actors/models and asking what they're comfortable with was quite shocking.
I'd agree with that. That scene was quite excellent.
I must be a homophobe and ethnocentric, because I've not found much humor at all in either Bruno or Borat.
That is such a Samantha thing to say.

I wasn't crazy about Bruno. I laughed a lot, but overall there were only a few great parts...unfortunately between all the previews and sneak peaks on tv I felt like I had seem almost all of the good scenes. The finale at the fake MMA thing was my favorite part.

Man, I couldn't disagree more with some of you, I thought this movie was hysterical. Lsome of the scenes had me laughing out of control hard.
Me too.The baby auditions, straight Dave's man slamming and the psychic visit had me in tears.
Me too.The baby auditions, straight Dave's man slamming and the psychic visit had me in tears.
Those were definitely the best parts. That psychic just closing his eyes.... awesome. I was also intrigued by the jewish guy chasing after him in the street in the middle east.
Those were definitely the best parts. That psychic just closing his eyes.... awesome. I was also intrigued by the jewish guy chasing after him in the street in the middle east.
The Middle-East stuff was great too."Your King Osama needs a new look. He looks like a dirty wizard or a homeless Santa"'What did he say? Get him out of here'
The Middle-East stuff was great too."Your King Osama needs a new look. He looks like a dirty wizard or a homeless Santa"'What did he say? Get him out of here'
I doubt there are anyone more humorless on the planet than islamic terrorists

I though this movie was absolutely hilarious, and I was one of the few people I knew who didn't find Borat very funny.So many ridiculously funny scenes, I didn't have high expectations going in because Cohen's Borat character was much better in skits on the Ali G show than Bruno, but this movie was pretty much nonstop laughs. There were a few scenes where I laughed harder than I have in years.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. I wonder if he has plans for another movie. Ali G is probably too famous, but maybe he could do something similar. A really high, backwards Brit of some sort.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. I wonder if he has plans for another movie. Ali G is probably too famous, but maybe he could do something similar. A really high, backwards Brit of some sort.
I dunno, he developed those 3 characters for years on the show. I think he needs to take a break. (btw he made an Ali G Movie already, and it sucked)
(btw he made an Ali G Movie already, and it sucked)
That doesn't count, because it was an actual movie... not blindsiding real people mockumentary style, like he did on his show.
That doesn't count, because it was an actual movie... not blindsiding real people mockumentary style, like he did on his show.
yeah, but it also was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.