• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He already did an Ali G movie.
not a real one. Borat and Bruno are both just like his TV show. Live... and tricking people. Indahouse was just stupid and nothing like his TV show other than the character.The writing in Indahouse was decent, it was the presentation that was lacking.
not a real one. Borat and Bruno are both just like his TV show. Live... and tricking people. Indahouse was just stupid and nothing like his TV show other than the character.The writing in Indahouse was decent it was the presentation that was lacking.
There was a story in the paper a few months back, about how Ben Afleck called Sarah Silverman (I think it was her) to tell her about this 'crazy interview' he did with some nutjob. She listened for a bit, then asked, 'Wait, was his name Bruno?!?' and it turned out Afleck did an interview with him and had no idea who it was. Hopefully that ends up in the movie...
There was a story in the paper a few months back, about how Ben Afleck called Sarah Silverman (I think it was her) to tell her about this 'crazy interview' he did with some nutjob. She listened for a bit, then asked, 'Wait, was his name Bruno?!?' and it turned out Afleck did an interview with him and had no idea who it was. Hopefully that ends up in the movie...
Holy crap... that sounds awesome.
Holy crap... that sounds awesome.
bruno.jpgSo it appears as if Sacha Baron Cohen is still causing quite the mess here in the United States as his alter-ego Brüno; getting kicked out of airports, showing up to an Easter play at a church in Kansas wearing chains, and the list goes on. First off, for those not familiar with Brüno, he's a gay Austrian fashion reporter who's wildly flamboyant in every way. The film, which marks Cohen's follow-up to Borat, will be called (deep breath) ... Brüno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt. Needless to say, I cannot wait to hear my local news coughing up that title when it comes time for the weekend box office figures. But back to Ben Affleck. Seems Mike Walker from the National Enquirer called into Howard Stern last week saying that Affleck called friend Sarah Silverman following an interview with Brüno. Affleck was told Brüno was a "very famous openly gay fashion journalist," but that didn't stop Ben from admitting it was "the weirdest sit-down he has ever had with a reporter." Eventually, Silverman coughed up his name and only then did Ben realize he'd been had. Part of me doesn't believe this at all, because I can only imagine the hoops one would need to jump through in order to get an actual sit-down interview with Ben Affleck. Then again, perhaps Cohen's crew have perfected their little joke by now. Either way, I'm sure Affleck will be making an appearance in the film.
bruno.jpgSo it appears as if Sacha Baron Cohen is still causing quite the mess here in the United States as his alter-ego Brüno; getting kicked out of airports, showing up to an Easter play at a church in Kansas wearing chains, and the list goes on. First off, for those not familiar with Brüno, he's a gay Austrian fashion reporter who's wildly flamboyant in every way. The film, which marks Cohen's follow-up to Borat, will be called (deep breath) ... Brüno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt. Needless to say, I cannot wait to hear my local news coughing up that title when it comes time for the weekend box office figures. But back to Ben Affleck. Seems Mike Walker from the National Enquirer called into Howard Stern last week saying that Affleck called friend Sarah Silverman following an interview with Brüno. Affleck was told Brüno was a "very famous openly gay fashion journalist," but that didn't stop Ben from admitting it was "the weirdest sit-down he has ever had with a reporter." Eventually, Silverman coughed up his name and only then did Ben realize he'd been had. Part of me doesn't believe this at all, because I can only imagine the hoops one would need to jump through in order to get an actual sit-down interview with Ben Affleck. Then again, perhaps Cohen's crew have perfected their little joke by now. Either way, I'm sure Affleck will be making an appearance in the film.
I'm sad I have to wait 11 more months.

I hear SBC is going to take an I-Phone video of himself taking a shit, then he's going to slow it down so it fills 1.5 hours of your time and then release it worldwide to great comedic acclaim. Yes, you will pay for this.

I saw a video online about this movie where Sasha was filming scenes in an airport. I say 'filming' but it was like Borat where he was in character and messing around with normal people.

• 3 weeks later...
Only a homophobe would seriously find this thrash funny. If you laugh at that shit, you're just as bad as the fags themselves.
Um what? So you dont like homophobes or gays.

I've always though that Bruno was my favorite character. The bit where he's talking to some christian guy about homosexuality just slays me. It's something like this:Bruno: So, what if I want to be just fabulous. Is that bad?Reverend: What do you mean by fabulous?Bruno: You know, just fab-u-lous.Reverend: Well, if being fabulous is part of a gay lifestyle, then no, it wouldn't be allowed.Bruno: What if I just want to eat chocolate all the time?Reverend: Again, if eating chocolate is part of a gay lifestyle, then no, you can't do that.It's something like that. But it's amazing. This movie should be great.

I've always though that Bruno was my favorite character. The bit where he's talking to some christian guy about homosexuality just slays me. It's something like this:Bruno: So, what if I want to be just fabulous. Is that bad?Reverend: What do you mean by fabulous?Bruno: You know, just fab-u-lous.Reverend: Well, if being fabulous is part of a gay lifestyle, then no, it wouldn't be allowed.Bruno: What if I just want to eat chocolate all the time?Reverend: Again, if eating chocolate is part of a gay lifestyle, then no, you can't do that.It's something like that. But it's amazing. This movie should be great.
Bruno has had some great moments. That was one. The wrestling team on spring break was incredible. And the just his general interaction with the bull-shitting fashion designers and whatnot just slay me.
Bruno has had some great moments. That was one. The wrestling team on spring break was incredible. And the just his general interaction with the bull-shitting fashion designers and whatnot just slay me.
Suck my dick
You should start a new account called "Drunk Guy," and then you could have drunk joke posts all the time, and it'll be really funny 'cause your name is "Drunk Guy" and that'll be the real joke.
You're supposed to call me gay god dammit!! Then I respond by saying: Ain't nothing gay about getting your dick sucked! You the one that're gay for sucking my dick!In fact, it creeps me out just being around you fag! Alright, get down on your knees and open your mouth. -----------------------------------Fukk I thought you'd be so reliable for a fag/gay comeback. Totally blew up in my face (no pun intended)STEVE HOLT!
Only a homophobe would seriously find this thrash funny. How about I put on blackface and run around cracking ****** jokes. If you laugh at that shit, you're just as bad as the fags themselves.
Well...Robert Downey Jr. is about to put on blackface (sort of) in Tropic Thunder and you'll probably see that.

I doubt this guy will ever be able to make another one of these movies in America. Not with this much pre-release publicity following him everywhere. This movie isn't coming out for another YEAR and I already know about half of what's going to be in it.http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...8081bruno1.htmlhttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080708/ap_en_...ed_fight_nights0708081bruno1.jpg

I doubt this guy will ever be able to make another one of these movies in America. Not with this much pre-release publicity following him everywhere. This movie isn't coming out for another YEAR and I already know about half of what's going to be in it.http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...8081bruno1.htmlhttp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080708/ap_en_...ed_fight_nights
It's kind of like Jackass. The tv show was popular, so for the movie they had to go to China. For the second movie, they just had to do stunts to themselves instead of to the public (or dress up like old people).
  • 2 months later...