Another Where Did I Go Wrong? Hand

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Qclub.gif, 9heart.gif, Aspade.gif, 2spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.35. UTG calls, Hero raises, 3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, 1 fold, UTG calls.Flop: (12.40 SB) 9spade.gif, Kheart.gif, 3club.gif(5 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.Turn: (6.20 BB) 8diamond.gif(5 players)SB bets, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO raises, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.River: (14.20 BB) 9club.gif(4 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO bets, SB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.Final Pot: 17.20 BB

i usually limp that preflop, but postflop, ipits.edit: i missed the co turn raise. you can safely fold the river there unless you know he plays strong draws similarly on the turn.

OK, if someone bets the flop that's an easy, easy fold, right? How easy is it to put CO on a hand here? Is it too wild to guess he probably has two 8s in the hole? And, at 16:1, on an uncoordinated board like that, can we ever fold trips, the way that was played?

i usually limp that preflop, but postflop, ipits.edit: i missed the co turn raise. you can safely fold the river there unless you know he plays strong draws similarly on the turn.
It just seems like once I get in that deep, I almost have to call the river for one more bet. But maybe that's thinking from the lower limits, where the bets are really small, infecting my play at this limit.
OK, if someone bets the flop that's an easy, easy fold, right? How easy is it to put CO on a hand here? Is it too wild to guess he probably has two 8s in the hole? And, at 16:1, on an uncoordinated board like that, can we ever fold trips, the way that was played?
Yes, if someone bet that flop I would have folded. Then I picked up the nut low draw on the turn and got caught between SB's bet and CO's raise. But you're right, for CO to check that flop and then raise that turn, I'm not sure what else he could be holding besides 88 (perhaps a slowplayed KK).
"Open Farrell"? Not sure I understand;)
It means there was no bet for him to call on the flop, and for him to fold, he just would have had to throw his hand away when the action got to him, when facing no bet.
It means there was no bet for him to call on the flop, and for him to fold, he just would have had to throw his hand away when the action got to him, when facing no bet.
Yeap, you're right. My bad. In that case, fold to the SB's turn bet. Again-chasing for half the pot in that spot is a recipe for getting quartered at best. You're a so9lid player who can find a bunch of better spots to get it in.

I bet that flop too. You took the lead preflop you should continue and try to narrow down the field. Not to mention if someone goes for a check raise it helps you to define their range. flop wasn't bad for your hand

'splain.
its a two high flop. the pot is 12.5 bets here. you have middle pair and almost any turn card gives you some kind of back door potential, either to a low or a straight or even an unlikely flush. you really don't want to let this check through and then like a seven come on the turn and now you gave others a chance to grab the low with you. also, lets say you bet and then one person calls. i am betting the next two streets almost without looking at them.
also, lets say you bet and then one person calls. i am betting the next two streets almost without looking at them.
'splain again. You're not going to drive out a better hand in FLO8 here, so aren't you just betting into him (assuming you don't hit big on turn/river)?
'splain again. You're not going to drive out a better hand in FLO8 here, so aren't you just betting into him (assuming you don't hit big on turn/river)?
its a big pot. you definitly might fold out a better hand. you might have the best hand. bet

Doesn't the size of the pot make it less likely that I'm going to fold out a better hand, because of the pot odds he's getting? And if he calls the flop and I don't improve, do you honestly think I might have the best hand?

Doesn't the size of the pot make it less likely that I'm going to fold out a better hand, because of the pot odds he's getting? And if he calls the flop and I don't improve, do you honestly think I might have the best hand?
the flop is pretty dry. there are not a lot of hands that are going to continue against you being you bet before and "after the flop". Like Antistuff said there really isn't too many cards that are bad for you so firing the turn is almost a given and me personally would make my decision by what hit the river whether I fire a third bullet or not
its a two high flop. the pot is 12.5 bets here. you have middle pair and almost any turn card gives you some kind of back door potential, either to a low or a straight or even an unlikely flush. you really don't want to let this check through and then like a seven come on the turn and now you gave others a chance to grab the low with you. also, lets say you bet and then one person calls. i am betting the next two streets almost without looking at them.
i think that this is a correct analysis for higher limits but would be a mistake at .25/.50, esp at a game where the example hand has 6 to a flop. at the lower limits, you're simply numberchugging and valuebetting in o8, nothing more.
LOL, I love the lingo in these forums. Is number-chugging the same thing as nut-peddling?
haha, well, when i say "numberchugging" i just mean getting a feel for your equity in a pot and betting/raising if you have enough of it. in o8, that often means capping strong draws, etc.