The worst players at my tables in the LHE tourneys were the "name" and "TV" pros.Marcel Luske cold called my UTG raise, the first hand I'd played at his table, with QJo... that's just not a good play.
I'm confused? QJ is a raise in Casey's book of rules in Ultimate Texas Hold Em so this has to be a level right?
I'm confused? QJ is a raise in Casey's book of rules in Ultimate Texas Hold Em so this has to be a level right?
limit holdem -evUltimate texas holdem +evthat may be where youre getting confuzzled
Luske was one of the worst name players I've played with in LHE. He limped in UTG with J9o and T9o.Then this hand comes up. He limps, mp limps, I limp 2 black fives, blinds come. Flop 5d3c2c. BB leads, he calls, fold, I raise, BB 3 bets, he calls I call. Turns Qc. They both check to me, I bet, they both call. River Tc. BB checks, he bets, I fold, BB folds and he shows 7c6c.
Hmm, let me think. I don't play limit much but here's what I would do. I would fold preflop.However, if I did limp, I'd raise the flop. You'd 3 bet and I'd have to just call.After I make my hand on the turn, I'd bet. I'd have to check call the river. ?? ok or not?
Hmm, let me think. I don't play limit much but here's what I would do. I would fold preflop.However, if I did limp, I'd raise the flop. You'd 3 bet and I'd have to just call.After I make my hand on the turn, I'd bet. I'd have to check call the river. ?? ok or not?
Meh I think folding is the way to go, once you take the flop your stuck. But him betting river is LOL
looooooolAlmost made me spit pop soda on my screen at work. tyvm!!

It's odd that some of you were thinking I was reffering to the plo table. That was an insanely tough table imo. Obviously Daniel would know better than I would, but I would not want to be sitting there.I was talking about events like HORSE. When you have guys like Amir Vahedi at the table, and those like him.....I wouldn't call that a "tough" table. I like Amir a lot, and have known him for a long time. But HORSE is probably not his best game.I guess that most of the reporters don't know who is good at what games, so it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Two words, 4 timesChris MoneymakerRobert VarkoniJamie GoldJerry YangAnyone can beat anyone, given the right amount of luck and well...luck

Galfond is a very goot Omahahahaha player and plays in the nosebleed games on Tilt. So his win should hardly be a shocker and I would say his Omahahaha game is better than almost everyone at that FT other than Benyamine. However...I am no Omahahahah expert, but I do know that getting deal AAxx like a brazzillion times at the FT will likely earn u a chance to win it all.Cane...Hellmuth is a putrid Omahahah player. In NLH his ability to trap u for all the chips is a much better weapon than in PLO. It was comical how often he either A. Called a position raise from BB preflop...and then check fold flop or B. Limped in position instead of raising.Again...hardly an Omahahahaha expert, but this is by definition weak/tight losing poker. Then any time he showed any aggression...they instamucked w/ Phil then showing some monster like AAQ10 etc.
I guess I assumed hellmuth was at least a middling PLO player given he has made a few PLO final tables within the last few years. You would know better than me though.....steve already said he was not in any referring to this particular final table so point is moooooot.
I guess I assumed hellmuth was at least a middling PLO player given he has made a few PLO final tables within the last few years. You would know better than me though.....steve already said he was not in any referring to this particular final table so point is moooooot.
Any time I see someone type the word moot, I ALWAYS think of that SNL sketch years ago w/ Jesse Jackson!!!