Two hands last night while playing some $50nl on Absolute#1I'm in BB with A5o - both stacks effectively $50.Preflop3 limpers, I check.Flop (Pot $2) A :club: 5 :ts J :spade:Hero bets $1.5, UTG calls, 2 folds.Turn ($5) 6 :club:Hero bets $3.75, UTG calls.River ($12.5) Q :heart:Assume no reads - I haven't been playing much poker in any one specific place lately, bouncing back and forth between sites and limits - what's our line generally here...Being oop sucks - can I bet for value? Check to induce a bluff? Bet/fold to a raise?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#2 I'm BB with 8 :5c 8 :D - stacks effectively $50PreflopUTG raises to $1.75, 4 folds, Hero calls.Flop ($3.75) 8 :D Q :D 2 :club:Hero bets $3, UTG raises to $10, Hero calls.Turn ($23.75) 8 :diamond:Ok so I'll stop it here - assuming we have just under $40 each left. Something else to take in to consideration here - the bad beat jackpot was $640k at the time and I now hold a qualifying hand. If he has QQ, he's never folding, but what about TJ :4h Does that change the way we approach the hand at all?

Two hands last night while playing some $50nl on Absolute#1I'm in BB with A5o - both stacks effectively $50.Preflop3 limpers, I check.Flop (Pot $2) A :club: 5 :ts J :spade:Hero bets $1.5, UTG calls, 2 folds.Turn ($5) 6 :club:Hero bets $3.75, UTG calls.River ($12.5) Q :heart:Assume no reads - I haven't been playing much poker in any one specific place lately, bouncing back and forth between sites and limits - what's our line generally here...Being oop sucks - can I bet for value? Check to induce a bluff? Bet/fold to a raise?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#2 I'm BB with 8 :5c 8 :D - stacks effectively $50PreflopUTG raises to $1.75, 4 folds, Hero calls.Flop ($3.75) 8 :D Q :D 2 :club:Hero bets $3, UTG raises to $10, Hero calls.Turn ($23.75) 8 :diamond:Ok so I'll stop it here - assuming we have just under $40 each left. Something else to take in to consideration here - the bad beat jackpot was $640k at the time and I now hold a qualifying hand. If he has QQ, he's never folding, but what about TJ :4h Does that change the way we approach the hand at all?
First hand depends on the range you give him. You have two options. Either you bet/fold (maybe bet/call against some players) to get value from A7-AT or QJ or something, or you check/call to induce a bluff from a busted draw. It depends on the player and situation as to which you choose. In this case I'd probably bet for value.You need to work out how likely made hands are, and how likely busted draws are.Second hand is an interesting thought. With the BBJ being as high as it is, it will definitely change the correct move in some cases. I probably c/c and go from there.

I think I prefer check/calling hand 1, and checking hand 2 because a highish % of his range is likely to be air given you donked into him

hand 1, I bet all 3 streets. If you get a river raise...well thats a tough spothand 2, Im 3 betting/gettin it in on the flop most of the time. With the gin turn card, it should be c/c, and probably donk the river depending on what it is.

hand 2, Im 3 betting/gettin it in on the flop most of the time. With the gin turn card, it should be c/c, and probably donk the river depending on what it is.
My initial plan with just the bare set was to flat call the flop then check/shove the turn. When I hit quads though, the bbj thought came in to my head so I ended up going c/c.

What would villain need to hit to qualify? The case Q (assuming he has QQ) or would the 2 do, if he had 22 obv?For the riduclous amount of money the BBJ is ($600k+ right?) You've got to let him try and catch up.Oh, and hand 1 I bet/call most of the time. Villain should surely never show up with a set/straight/better 2pr. But might call with worse 2pr or AT/9/8

What would villain need to hit to qualify? The case Q (assuming he has QQ) or would the 2 do, if he had 22 obv?For the riduclous amount of money the BBJ is ($600k+ right?) You've got to let him try and catch up.Oh, and hand 1 I bet/call most of the time. Villain should surely never show up with a set/straight/better 2pr. But might call with worse 2pr or AT/9/8
He'd need the Q, because most sites require you to lose with quad 8s or better.
What would villain need to hit to qualify? The case Q (assuming he has QQ) or would the 2 do, if he had 22 obv?
Case Q or 9TJ :club: to hit a straight flush (if he's ballsy enough to raise the gutshot sfd on the flop) are all that will hit him, the 22 is no good.

Hand 1 is a bet for value and fold to a raise almost always.Hand 2 I would ship on the flop, too many action killing turns, or turns that could actually bury you. As played I'd bet 1/2 pot, he knows the jackpot is that big, he'll call with 1 out to the straight flush.Edit: On hand 2, that is an awesome turn card for you and if BBJ does not apply, you need to bet that turn. Just because it made you quads doesn't mean it's going to slow action, it should help it. If he has an overpair he's never folding now, because your most likely set hand just quaded up, which is not likely at all. If you had QQ you probably reraise pf, and 22 may fold pf. He's really only scared of 22 at that point, you should be stacking any TPTK on that turn.

Are we really going to have to start putting the BBJ earnings into our pot odds if we think our opponent has quad 8's or better?srlsy?

Hand 1 is a bet for value and fold to a raise almost always.Hand 2 I would ship on the flop, too many action killing turns, or turns that could actually bury you. As played I'd bet 1/2 pot, he knows the jackpot is that big, he'll call with 1 out to the straight flush.Edit: On hand 2, that is an awesome turn card for you and if BBJ does not apply, you need to bet that turn. Just because it made you quads doesn't mean it's going to slow action, it should help it. If he has an overpair he's never folding now, because your most likely set hand just quaded up, which is not likely at all. If you had QQ you probably reraise pf, and 22 may fold pf. He's really only scared of 22 at that point, you should be stacking any TPTK on that turn.
this is bang on imo.
Are we really going to have to start putting the BBJ earnings into our pot odds if we think our opponent has quad 8's or better?srlsy?
when it's 600k+, it's the only thing in 1/2 the player's minds. (when it's <600k, their minds are apparently empty)
How about this, if players are so worried about the BBJ we know they're not folding anything that can hit quad 8's or better on the turn.
How about this, if players are so worried about the BBJ we know they're not folding anything that can hit quad 8's or better on the turn.
this is largely true. however, regardless of the BBJ, how many people are folding straight flush draws and sets anyways?