just got back from my annual WSOP trip. here's a recap of the weekend. cliff notes at the end. got in late friday night and just crashed. woke up on saturday, ate breakfast, and went to register for the $1500 event starting at noon. after registration had an hour to kill so i played some $1-3 NL in the poker room. tripled up first hand with flush over flush over overpair. not a bad start. played for an hour and ended up +$600. not a bad start.i drew table 38, seat 1. the event starts and we only have 5 players at the table, seats 1-5. they are all older gentlemen which generally bodes well for these events as they generally play tight and predictable. 5 minutes in the remaining seats get filled. seat 6 is a young online player from massachusetts. for the most part he seemed to play well. seat 6 is an unknown. tom mccormick, he of 9 wsop final tables sits in the 7 seat. james van alstyne takes the 8 seat and a couple minutes later layne flack takes the 10 seat. my seemingly awesome table draw now kind of sucks, but oh well. relatively early on i chip up when i raise UTG with AQ. layne flack calls out of the BB and we see a AQJ flop. i make a standard c bet of a little more than 1/2 the pot and layne calls. turn is a 7 hearts. bet half pot again, flack calls saying bring another heart. river 2 hearts. i felt like he wanted the heart so he didn't have to payoff another bet but i decided to check behind anyways because i don't want to face a check raise this early on. flack shows A10 and i have a little over $4k. nothing happens for a little while until i find AJ in the CO and i make my first big mistake. folds to me and i make a standard 3x raise. SB calls. i have seen the SB twice make a strong reraise from the blinds with AK so i think there is a good chance i am ahead here. flop A72, he checks, and i bet expecting to take it down but he calls. turn is a brick, he checks to me and i check behind in hopes of getting to a cheap showdown. river 2 and he leads for $1k. if i call and win i am at 6k and if i lose i am at 2k. i keep telling myself to fold but i can't see him having a bigger A because of his previous plays out of the blinds. 77 is a possibility. i keep saying just fold and be comfortable at 3k, but i am an idiot and i call. he rolls over AK and i am back to 2k. i think this should be an easy fold and i am kicking myself for it. no hands of interest for a while and i am getting blinded down. lots of action at the table as the big stack is playing very aggressive so i don't have any opportunities to steal. i get down to 1000 with 100/200 blinds. finally it folds to me on the button, i look down at Q10o but i had already decided i am shipping any 2. BB insta calls with AJ. flop 399, turn 3, river Q. BINK! back at 2k but still pretty short.i get blinded down to 1700 and my first real big hand of the tourney arrives. UTG has about the same amount of chips for me and open shoves. mccormick went out on a pretty gross beat and was replaced by a young asian player who reships. layne flack reships as well. i look down at JJ. great spot. if i'm deeper i think i find a fold here but with my stack and this structure i think it is an easy call. UTG shows 99, seat 7 shows AQ, flack has AK, and somehow i am ahead. board bricks and i quadruple up. couldn't have happened to a nicer guy ;-)soon thereafter the table breaks and i am moved to orange 23, seat 5. i'm hoping for a better table draw. my new table has mark seif in seat 1, eric "basebaldy" baldwin in seat 4, and krazy kanuck in seat 8. the world's biggest donkey, and i am not exaggerating, is in seat 7. right when i walk up seif calls down on a AJ10, 2 heart flop, brick turn, and heart river but he can't beat A8. i can't imagine what he is calling with there but he is left with 600 chips. first hand at the table for me, basebaldy raises 3x from cutoff, i call with QK diamonds OTB, and everyone else folds. he bets 1200 into a 1500 chip pot on a Q78 flop. i raise to 3k and he tanks for a while. finally he says, "nice kicker" and folds. i am at 10k. seif ships in about 1k from late position, basbaldy iso raises, and i look down at 22. easy fold. seif rolls over 22 as well and basebaldy has QK. somehow the 22 holds. he chips up in a few non showdown pots until he has just shy of 4k. blinds 150/300 and i make my second big mistake. i raise in middle position to 900 with QK suited. folds to seif on the BB and he instantly says all in. it's about 3k more to me. if i lose i am down to 6k. i have seen seif make the same move with A rag and small pocket pairs before. i think he has 1010 or so and it will probably be a race. still, i keep telling myself to fold and move on to the next hand. unfortunately i am too much of a donkey and make the call to see him roll over AA. awesome. back to 6k.i'm still around 6k when another interesting hand comes up. seif raises UTG to 1k at 150/300. UTG+1 reraises to 3k with 1k behind. i look down at QQ. awesome spot. i tank forever and think that my only real hope here is that they both have AK. finally i decided to muck with no money invested in the pot. they both roll over AK but bink an A on the flop so results oriented FTW. i wonder if anyone else ships here? i had some fold equity with seif but UTG+1 is pot stuck.i get blinded down to 4k with no playable hands at a table with lots of action. finally, our table breaks and i get moved to a new table. i also should mention that seif had 600 chips an hour earlier and when the table breaks he has 44k. unreal run, partially thanks to me. it's 1/2 hour til the dinner break, i have 10 BBs, and i need to make a move relatively soon. i show up at my new table, no big stacks, no one i recognize, so things are looking decent for me at this point. right when i walk up the SB has raised the BB and the BB ships. the SB tanks for about 5 minutes and calls with KJ. BB has Q6. Flop 10 10 J, turn K, river 9. i mention this because this is an omen in the worst way. about 5 minutes before the dinner break the Q6 guy raises to 1200. i look down at JJ and ship it. he says, "i know you have a hand, i call." he rolls over QK and we are off to the races. Flop J42. bingo. i'm already thinking about heading into the dinner break with 20 BBs and a good table draw. Turn A. no big deal. he has 4 outs. river 10. poker sucks. Cliff Notes:1. Easy money in cash games. 2. Quadrupled up in a 4 way all in with JJ.3. Made 2 big mistakes. 4. poker sucks.

lol. yeah before i called i said, "there's no way i have the best hand here but i am too short to fold so i'm all in."
Plus your pot odds aren't horrible just in case they have AA/KK/QQ. Not that you'd be correct in calling, but it wouldn't be that big of a mistake :club:
after registration had an hour to kill so i played some $1-3 NL in the poker room.
This was at the Rio right? In the Brasilia room right? How long did you have to wait?Nice trip report!