2 Weeks, 10 Tourneys, 8 Cashes, 5 Wins. Thanks Daniel

Back from a two week vacation and read this thread. Paul, hope your Dad is aok and healing.I subscribed early to www.pokerVT.com because the site has a lot of promise in the long term to provide a structured method to improve. Until we get to that point, the content will - by definition - be rich in the kind of advice improving players need.Your Main Event blogging, Paul, was interesting. I was hoping to see the ME and take in some of the WSOP craziness this year, but work conspired to keep me busy. I am chopping away at my schedule to spectate the final table on November 9th (my birthday is Nov. 7th :club: ) and spend a week playing poker in Las Vegas around that time, but thanks for taking the time to post information.PokerVT has improved my game :ts no question about it. Although I am playing mainly Pot Limit Omaha Hi right now and am not as active in tournaments, I have started modifying my game to a more active, Small Ball approach, ... and the results are very encouraging.
Hey, sorry so late with the reply.Thanks for asking about my dad. He's doing great! He is a tough old pipeliner and that keeps him going. He's 78 and I sweat in the shade watching him work.Please keep me informed about the PLO. I am thinking about doing that myself. The ME was not a success as far as money but it was a success in the adventure and just the "I can't believe I actually did it" area. I was extremely lucky that they didn't show my departure because the cameras were on me with all the guys at the table standing up and shaking my hand. We had the most friendly table I have ever played at. The only time you will see me is for a split second when we are entering the room. You see my little fat face with the PVT had in the center of the TV. I only caught by mistake because I paused the DVR to run outside for a minute.Again, keep me posted about the PLO.MUCH SUCCESS TO YOU!Paul
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,Personally, Paul has me convinced. I've read a lot of other compelling, positive reviews on here as well, but after reading through this entire thread, Paul's story is especially convincing. I'm getting ready to sign up for poker vt. Once I do, I'm going to start a new thread, so that I may keep you all updated on my results, as Paul has done so well. I'll post a link to the thread here once I've created it. Thanks for the stories and updates, Paul, and I hope your father is doing well.- Josh
WTG Josh! I can't see you not gaining a rich amount of knowledge and success from this small investment. Just remember, you will make mistakes so learn from them. You will have donkey's bust your best hands with total crap calls. Don't let that discourage you. You will sit at a table one day and realize that you are the best player at the table but someone will call your aces with 9-6 off and catch runner runner for a strt. Don't be afraid to keep moving on. If you keep a journal, you will find that your success far outweighs your failure. A good player may lose to a weak player every once in a while but you will have a longer run of success than them. Daniel, Matt, Adam and all the guys with PVT are wonderful people and more than willing to help so make sure that you ask for advice and keep us all posted on your success and failures. We learn from each other.MUCH SUCCESS BRO!Paul
Whats up paul have you been playing? I have been playing HU cash its really profitable. Just wanted to see how you were doing? I am playing my first MTT in a few weeks I was the chip leader until I had AA cracked by AJs in a big pot. So just starting to play MTT's again and hopefully I can get into a big WTP or qualify for a WSOP next year thats my goal. GL in at the tables. Hopefully we can meet up at the WSOP and Idk both win a bracelet!!!!!!back to the tourney lets hope i can take this one down
What's up ROB!Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I am only playing a couple a week but still finding at least one final table a week. Taking a small break right now though. My landman business is very busy, which is great. Prices are going up and down so I have to keep ahead of the game.Hope to see you at the WSOP next year. Keep up the success out there bro and keep me posted!Paul
WTG Josh! I can't see you not gaining a rich amount of knowledge and success from this small investment. Just remember, you will make mistakes so learn from them. You will have donkey's bust your best hands with total crap calls. Don't let that discourage you. You will sit at a table one day and realize that you are the best player at the table but someone will call your aces with 9-6 off and catch runner runner for a strt. Don't be afraid to keep moving on. If you keep a journal, you will find that your success far outweighs your failure. A good player may lose to a weak player every once in a while but you will have a longer run of success than them. Daniel, Matt, Adam and all the guys with PVT are wonderful people and more than willing to help so make sure that you ask for advice and keep us all posted on your success and failures. We learn from each other.MUCH SUCCESS BRO!Paul
Thanks! I'll make sure to remember that. I am keeping a journal. It looks as though you've already found it though. I am loving everything about PVT and have learned so much already. I can only imagine how much more I'm going to continue to learn. I'm so glad I signed up.Thanks, you too!-Josh
  • 2 weeks later...

Bad beats! Do you really know the true meaning?I see a lot of people that are talking about "How do I avoid a bad beat!"Let me say this. I played a $220 freezeout the other night with 70 players. I was playing a great SB game and was a little above average. I went to the third table and sat two down from the chip leader. Every head was shaking when I sat down. He called an all in for 1/3 of his chips. The other player had A-Q, he had Jh-9h. He flopped j-9.Two hands later a guy went all in and he called with 4h-2h. The other player turned over 10's. He caught a flush.I saw at least four more all-in calls with crap like that. He even went all in with the same hand as the other guy and caught four hearts and his 10h won! Then I went all in with Ah-Qh when I was down to 10 bets on the button. He called in the big blind with Kd-2d. Flopped 10-2-9, turned a K! but the river was a J! He jumped up and screamed "HOW CAN I GET A BAD BEAT LIKE THAT!" I looked at him and asked him if he was the guy posting "How do I avoid bad beats!" on Pokervt and he said "I WISH DANIEL WOULD GIVE UP GOLF AND START POSTING MORE BAD BEAT STUFF! I COULN'T GET ANYTHING OUT OF THAT FREAKING SITE!" My friend that is on PVT with me hit the damn floor! I finished 9th and he was still stacking chips and telling everyone about his "BAD BEAT" when I left.If everyone is so tired of Pokervt and have mastered every part of the site, why is it that an idiot like me can keep seeing so many final tables? Remember this one thing. YOU DO NOT WANT TO AVOID A BAD BEAT! RUN INTO EVERYONE YOU CAN! IF YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THE TABLE ON A BAD BEAT, YOU ARE NOT PLAYING GOOD POKER! The problem is, most guys don't know what a bad beat is! The thing you don't want to leave on, unless you are down to only a few bets left, is a draw or a complete bluff. Leave saying "That guy was a complete idiot!" and not on "I am a complete idiot!" 99% of the guys that scream that they got a bad beat don't know what a bad beat is. If you have Ah-Kh and the flop is Kd-Jh-10d and you have a good stack and decide to go all in against the chip leader, would it be a bad beat if he beat you? Where is your hand at the moment? You are a loser to, A-A. K-K, J-J, 10-10, K-J, K-10, J-10, A-Q, and Q-9. You might get called and beat by Ad with and diamond or for that fact you might be up against suited diamonds, 9-8 or any Q and you just gave the guy two chances at his draw. Any of these hands are easy posibilities, if you raised with the A-K. So you are sitting there in 10th place and you want to risk your tournament? I see these things all the time and see the guys crying about BAD BEATS!Sign up and play the Nutz game over and over to keep your mind fresh and you'll see that you are playing top poker. It doesn't have to be a complicated video explanation that helps you win. It's the simple things like the basics that wins tournaments. I have guys in almost every tournament amazed that I can throw away K's or A's after a flop. It's only a pair after the flop if it doesn't hit. Daniel, if you happen to read this rambling, maybe you should put up a video that shows what a bad beat is and isn't!Gl guys and I hope to see you at a final table! Especially you Lee!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,Well, I ended the year with a thud. Played in the Horshoe Classic today. Started off pretty well in that I chopped a sat with a guy before the event and paid for half the entry. Used the PVT sng strat for that and took it down pretty easily. Then came the game. Used a nice SB approach but it was kinda like my dad told my brother one time. My brother wanted to go with a friend to a rough part of town to shoot pool I think. My Dad said it was too rough over there and didn't want him to go because it was dangerous. My brother told my dad not to worry because he had been taking judo lessons. Dad said, "Well son, what if the guy that's kicking the crap out of you doesn't know judo?"Well, the guy that beat the crap out of me didn't know what Small Ball was. He played every hand I did. I had QQ and he played A-3 off and flopped a set of threes. I played KK and he played J 7 and flopped 8 9 10. I played KK again and he played A 10 off and I caught my K on the river but the board already had a Q J on it. I was out before the first break. Just a guy that wanted to play every hand and was extremely lucky. Just kidding about the SB thing guys. It really does work and it works great! I have a 98% rating now on Stars when it was like 15% before I signed on o PVT. Ended the year with almost 20 MTT wins live, 4 MTT wins online and over 50 cashes. combined. Not a bad year for a guy that didn't know what position meant before PVT. Can't believe I'm training guys now and have guys all the time want to talk strat with me before tournaments. You really need to check out the new videos on PVT. J Carver is awesome guys. He explains things very well and is going to be one of the best teachers out there. Combining him with the other pros there is going to greatly improve things. I'll be teaching the, "What not to do.. " segments. Just kidding. There are some new vids with Brad that you have to see in the what not to do area. The guy is funny. Now that Daniel has more time off, he's really taking advantage of it and taping a ton of new things. If you saw the Sunday Million teaser, it gets a ton better after that. Carver uses the same approach. I really hate that people are seeing it because it'll put me out of business!Anyway, check out PVT. It's getting better, I promise. I was a little worried but with some of the new things I've seen, you can't go wrong. I believe I'm right in saying, and correct me Daniel if I'm wrong, but they are going to have a forum there too so only the PVT guys will be able to talk to all the pros. That will be a great addition. (I still wish they would take the TING off the site though.)Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Years and keep posting on the Strat forum here and check out PVT. If what they say is going to be on it in a week or so, this will be the top sight soon.GL

• 2 weeks later...

I know this hasn't been much of an update, for those few that read this thread. I wasn't going to play until the first of the year but I was itching to try the Extreme SB in live tournaments again. It worked great. Three of us chopped the nice little MTT. Sad to say, I don't know how many live 1st and 1st chops that is now since PVT. Kinda nice to say that. I think it's closing in on 20 this year. I don't say that to brag. I say that in hopes that if you don't have much of game, you'll check out PVT. The site is really starting to boom. Updates are great! The thing that PVT has given me that I didn't have before is several different ways to play. If I'm sitting there playing regular SB and it doesn't work, I can switch to Extreme. The new JCarver stuff is awesome. If you haven't seen Daniels Sunday Millions, it will get you deep in a tournament several times over. Since using the method, I am going deep in almost every tournament from the Sunday Million to the small $3 rebuy tournaments. Using it in live cash has been superb.Enjoyed the small break away though and I recommend it to everyone that is playing as much as I was. Now for something very important:I sent a message to BigD and a couple of guys that I PM every once in a while, not too long ago. I asked for prayer for my family. My brother lost his best friend. I lost a cousin the same day. Then I lost one of my best friends. We are also needing prayer for our family because we might be losing our jobs, which we will find out tomorrow if they will make the cut. Anyway, after sending the message to BigD, I found out that the same day his father died. I hope everyone will keep BigD in your thoughts and prayers. You know, I could get another job, but you can't get the moments back that you don't spend with the ones you love. Take a moment and call your Mom, Dad, Grandparent, or friend that you haven't seen in a while. When they're gone, don't live with regrets that you placed other things ahead of catching up with loved ones. God bless you D and your family.