June 15 Wsop Event #28:$5000 Pot Limit Omaha W Rebuys 6pm Est

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"2:09 AM EST - "Just lost a 600k pot to an idiot! So sick beat. AAQ5 with clubs vs KK97 with clubs. Flop 10c 9c 6s. We go all in he catches an 8s on river. I still have 250k"2:17 AM EST - "Down to 110k and fuming"2:21 AM EST - "The guy who beat me that pot is the 6688 guy. I would have like 900k right now. Freaking annoying"2:23 AM EST - "I was pretty pissed when I lost that hand. I smashed my chips everywhere"2:26 AM EST - "156k and not giving up"Get that Flea bag Daniel

Emmanuel Sebag Doubles Through Daniel NegreanuThis one will turn your stomach...Emmanuel Sebag raised to 20,000 from late position, Daniel Negreanu reraised to 60,000 on the button and Sebag called. The flop was 10c 9c 6x . Sebag checked, Negreanu bet 127,500, Sebag moved all in and Negreanu called. Sebag Kx Kc 9x 7c Negreanu Ac Ax Qc 5cIt was aces vs. kings and nut flush draw vs. second-nut flush draw for these two. The turn was the 5x, but the river was the 8x. Sebag hit a miracle runner-runner straight draw and took down the monster pot. After the hand he was up to 530,000 while Negreanu fell to 250,000.
I just ran the odds on this and Daniel was only a 2-to-1 favorite here. Sebag could still hit any of the remaining K,9 or 7, as well as a non-club 8, provided that no club hit. Essentially it was the same as fading a flush draw in hold 'em. Not saying it wasn't bad, but it's not exactly a stomach turner.
I just ran the odds on this and Daniel was only a 2-to-1 favorite here. Sebag could still hit any of the remaining K,9 or 7, as well as a non-club 8, provided that no club hit. Essentially it was the same as fading a flush draw in hold 'em. Not saying it wasn't bad, but it's not exactly a stomach turner.
Yah you're right... but it makes it ten times worse that he lost it to Eman DeBag aka 6688 guy.
I disagree--- early in the tournament this is the right odds. Two away from the money I think that is a donk move. With Daniel's 127.5k bet on the flop you should know that Daniel is seeing the river. I do not think this is the spot to commit all your chips on a draw when you should know you are beat and need help. I do not think gambling here is right. The argument one could make is building chips to win but that only makes sense if you are betting 127.5 not calling. There is not any fold equity.my two cents-- what do you think?

Mon, 16 Jun 2008 00:10:28Table Talk: Hellmuth & Negreanu"You're playing well" said Phil Hellmuth to his tablemate Johnny Chan. Sitting at an adjacent table, Daniel Negreanu piped in with a laugh. "Now you KNOW you're playing well. Phil Hellmuth said you were!" "This is a 10 bracelet and above conversation, son. You don't qualify yet" admonished Hellmuth. "Good thing you said 'yet.' See me in 10 years. Even 6 years!" replied Negreanu

I disagree--- early in the tournament this is the right odds. Two away from the money I think that is a donk move. With Daniel's 127.5k bet on the flop you should know that Daniel is seeing the river. I do not think this is the spot to commit all your chips on a draw when you should know you are beat and need help. I do not think gambling here is right. The argument one could make is building chips to win but that only makes sense if you are betting 127.5 not calling. There is not any fold equity.my two cents-- what do you think?
i wasn't defending the play, just saying it wasn't a horrendously bad beat. what exactly do you disagree with?
i wasn't defending the play, just saying it wasn't a horrendously bad beat. what exactly do you disagree with?
the sickening part was, he had him dominated with an overpair, and had him dominated with the flush draw, the guy was drawing to two pair and he makes a runner runner straight. Also our man crushes on DN account for a lot of that
I wasn't saying you were wrong -- math wise you are completely right-- but in that time of the tournament when on a draw-- assuming this donk knows he is beat ( big if) why risk the bubble on a draw. three hours ago that play would be okay. on the bubble i think its a stupid risk--- just my thoughts -- I am new to the game but it does not seem like an opitmal play--- I am sure my 20 buy-in home game experience means I could not possibly be wrong!!!!!!! LOL! :club:
the sickening part was, he had him dominated with an overpair, and had him dominated with the flush draw, the guy was drawing to two pair and he makes a runner runner straight. Also our man crushes on DN account for a lot of that
Looks like they reported it incorrectly as it's not a runner runner straight. He just needed the 8.

If this ends up being the final table tomorrow, I will never watch ESPN again if they don't film it!:John JuandaDavid WilliamsJohnny ChanDavid BenyamineDaniel NegreanuEli ElezraPhil HelmuthChris FergusonAlexander KostritsynSince it is a long shot that this would be the exact final table, looks like my ESPN viewership will continue.

In the 10K limit holdem from pokernewsBack to His StackDaniel Negreanu in on break from the PLO w/rebuys event and he's returned to try and build up his stack in this event. He's down to 6,600 and he'll have to move his chips if he hopes to survive another long absence while he plays in the other tournament.OopsOK, Daniel Negreanu is NOT out of today's event. He left this event and jogged back to his $5,000 PLO w/rebuys tournament. He's down to 6,500 right now and he's being blinded down, but he's still alive.Multitabling FTW ?

pokernews has been pretty good today in my opinion, although Im in work. I love it, its 12pm here, so all the late night wsop events I get to follow during work