June 15 Wsop Event #28:$5000 Pot Limit Omaha W Rebuys 6pm Est

I understand, but why wouldn't he skip the PLO tourney and wait for the 10k LH?
He had a predetermined schedule of events, and if he goes deep he misses other tournaments. He isnt 'gauranteed' in the limit tournament, although its his best game. I'm sure he would gladly pass it up to make the final table in this event.
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand, but why wouldn't he skip the PLO tourney and wait for the 10k LH?
There would be a number of reasons
  • He probably has a slighty bigger edge in rebuys as he is willing to rebuy 'endlessly'
  • Schedule of other events
  • Side bet with Ivey
  • Playing the PLO maximises his bracelet chances - he only misses the LHE if he is doing well in the PLO. If he just plays the LHE he misses the PLO regardless of how he does in the LHE
  • He is no mug at PLO :club:

I'd say points #4 & #5 are the main reasons but the others would have a bearing too

Good luck Daniel, TID.Also if Daniel wins this tournament he will pass up Cunningham and Hachem and be 2nd in the All Time Tournament Money list, only under Jamie Gold.

Anyone else thinks its a little odd that Daniel didn't focus on the $10,000 Limit Hold'em event?Considering that's his bread and butter game and got him 2 out of the 4 bracelets.
lol
For those of you who want the complete rail experience Daniel just sent me this message on MSN.daniel says (9:14 AM):going to bed niteOnly at FCP can you get the behind the scenes access like this.
Indeed. Bob am da man.What a comeback. Incredible.Win this Tiger D.

He's gonna need quite a bit of luck to win this event... Normally I would say his odds of winning are around 15-20%, but because of the talent at this table, it's only like 7-10%.

He's gonna need quite a bit of luck to win this event... Normally I would say his odds of winning are around 15-20%, but because of the talent at this table, it's only like 7-10%.
yeah, phil galfond has more like 14.5% - 23.778% to win and all of the rest like 8.1% - 13.53%.also, does anyone know what the blinds will be at start?

wow what a final table.sounds like Galfond can really play some PLO. DN seemed very complimentary of his play in general.

Wait, is this going to be taped for ESPN? Last years was and this years table is WAY MORE stacked, so it better ****ing be!!!!!!Also, is it on ESPN360, or what? LIKE DETAILS PLZTID DANIEL~!

yeah, phil galfond has more like 14.5% - 23.778% to win and all of the rest like 8.1% - 13.53%.also, does anyone know what the blinds will be at start?
19		 	8000 / 16000		 	Duration: 20 min.  20 		  10000 / 20000 		  Duration: 60 min.  21 		  12000 / 24000 		  Duration: 60 min.  22 		  15000 / 30000 		  Duration: 60 min.  23 		  20000 / 40000 		  Duration: 60 min.  24 		  25000 / 50000 		  Duration: 60 min.  25 		  30000 / 60000 		  Duration: 60 min.  26 		  40000 / 80000 		  Duration: 60 min.  27 		  50000 / 100000 		  Duration: 60 min.  28 		  60000 / 120000 		  Duration: 60 min.

20 mins left on current level, 10k/20k after that

QUOTE(xmykro @ Sunday, June 15th, 2008, 7:32 PM) Anyone know what he is up to?At this rate??? Bracelet #2!!!!!! Sticking with my prediction!!!

lolMathematically isn't he 11% to win just by showing up to the final table ? No matter what in the end he's really 50% to win. Either he does or he doesn't :)Bob, that update right there is the reason I signed up for this forum. The insight/behind the scenes info just cannot be topped :club: Dan
Can we get a POY update? Can he take the lead with a win? Or maybe he already has. Just wondering if anyone knows.
The up to date standings have him in 39th, so he'll need a good showing to move up to the top. If he wins, he'll definitely be at the top, but I'm not too sure how the points system works. If he's top 3, I'm sure he'd be close.

anyone else think daniels play by just check calling quads was stupid? he said it was 100% the right play? i mean if the other dude has quad 7's chalk it up to a cooler but still try to get some more value out of your hands, then he flopped the nuts one hand and folded the flop? im so confused...playing too careful is not a good thing sometimes

lolMathematically isn't he 11% to win just by showing up to the final table ? No matter what in the end he's really 50% to win. Either he does or he doesn't :)Bob, that update right there is the reason I signed up for this forum. The insight/behind the scenes info just cannot be topped :club: Dan
If everyone had equal chips and equal skill level.That's like saying if Player A had 99% of the chips in play, and players B through I had a combined 1%, that each of those players would be 11% to win, and they definitely aren't.Edit: I know the second part of that paragraph was a level. But I'm not sure if the first part was.
If everyone had equal chips and equal skill level.That's like saying if Player A had 99% of the chips in play, and players B through I had a combined 1%, that each of those players would be 11% to win, and they definitely aren't.Edit: I know the second part of that paragraph was a level. But I'm not sure if the first part was.
That whole paragraph was a level. I thought it was funny that the poster I was replying to could narrow DN's chances of winning to 7-10% so I replied with some "craziness" of my own. Thanks for making sure I understood what was going on though.Dan
anyone else think daniels play by just check calling quads was stupid? he said it was 100% the right play? i mean if the other dude has quad 7's chalk it up to a cooler but still try to get some more value out of your hands, then he flopped the nuts one hand and folded the flop? im so confused...playing too careful is not a good thing sometimes
Stupid ? NoDid I think it was odd (as did others) = YesI really hope he posts some more info about that hand. I'm pretty sure it was because of the read he had on the particular player but it'd still be nice to have some insight into his thought process there.Dan
Omaha-its called Omaha