Event #24 $2,500 Pot Limit Holdem/omaha Final Table

I didn't see Loosh do anything weird, what did he supposedly do?
Unreg'd the 1500 last night because you all were out so late (past 5am), got to the Rio today, said F-it, reg'd as an alternate and got the full 3k stack.......at the 100-200 level.And my roommate last year is currently 7 handed in the 2600 at the Venetian. Older bro of FCPer strategy, occasional poster when we sucker him in here, gooooo drags.
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

**** YOU ALLEN CUNNINGHAM. **** YOU.i used to like you... but now i hate you.gg hoos.
Pretty much my same sentiments. Watching the 2006 series on ESPN right now and am glad that Jamie Gold whoops his ass.
great run, lousy way to go out. ACs call wasnt that horrible though, esp.if hoosier has been active. AC was getting 3:2, an M of 5 if he folds, and hoos on a possible resteal.
3:2 is good for having 3 outs at best?
great run, lousy way to go out. ACs call wasnt that horrible though, esp.if hoosier has been active. AC was getting 3:2, an M of 5 if he folds, and hoos on a possible resteal.
Meh....no antes in PL......Hoos wasn't incredibly active.....Pescatori and the CL going into the day were much more active.
Pescatori Takes a Big One Hold'em -Max Pescatori raised from the button to 65,000 and Kyle Kloeckner called. The flop came {Q-Clubs} {10-Spades} {5-Hearts}. Kloeckner checked and Pescatori bet out 100,000. After some thought, Kloeckner raised to 350,000.Pescatori thought and thought, just as Marcel Luske jumped to the rail to watch the action. Pescatori studied for a few minutes before announcing all in. Kloeckner immediately folded and the Italian scooped the big pot.Pescatori - 1,500,000Kloeckner - 670,000
Shocking!

His play isn't horrible like alot of people are making it out to be...its actually a meh spot for him. He has 12ish bbs (280k at 12 24) , I'm obv not a fan of raise/folding w that stack,and not a fan of folding a suited ace on the btn there w his stack size/situation. Obviously it sucks for him once I 3 bet bc a)I'm never going to 3 bet light bc w that pot size open Allen is effectively committing himself and he knows that I know I have no f.e., so my shove is going to be purely for value 2) I'm playing very solid and not getting out of line since I was hurt badly by that blind battle w Max.Essentially he is shoving 12bbs in the middle with that pot raise, it would be pretty bad if he potted to 70 then folded and left himself with 210. Not really sure what you guys think is a better play?

its obv not a bad call since he committed i think 30 % of his stack if i remember off the top of my head and folding leaves him in shove/fold. but man he runs so good was he down to an off suit 6 and 7 to win ?he obv new he was a 3 to 1 dog but pray/called and ran well what does A6 do well against in that spot ?? only hands really is kj/kq and its only 65/35 if hes right
His play isn't horrible like alot of people are making it out to be...its actually a meh spot for him. He has 12ish bbs (280k at 12 24) , I'm not a fan of raise/folding w that stack,and not a fan of folding an ace on the btn there. Obviously it sucks for him once I 3 bet bc a)I'm never going to 3 bet light bc w that pot size open Allen is effectively committing himself and he knows that I know I have no f.e. 2) I'm playing very solid and not getting out of line for every since I was hurt badly by that blind battle w Max.Essentially he is shoving 12bbs in the middle with that pot raise, it would be pretty bad if he potted to 70 then folded and left himself with 210. Not really sure what you guys think is a better play?
Although I agree in theory with the bolded, once you put in a 3 bet in this spot because of items 1 and 2 that you outlined.......even much more so because in PL you aren't stealing as light so you would be giving him more credit than normal (he also hadn't been pounding his button much at all)..........so even though theory might say you can't raise/fold much at all there, he is crushed pretty much always.
Essentially he is shoving 12bbs in the middle with that pot raise, it would be pretty bad if he potted to 70 then folded and left himself with 210. Not really sure what you guys think is a better play?
I think everyone's more upset because they wanted you to win as opposed to really being mad at the play or Allen Cunningham. :club:
I think everyone's more upset because they wanted you to win as opposed to really being mad at the play or Allen Cunningham. :club:
Probably true but given the situation, I still honestly feel its a fold. But more than anything I am pissed that he binked.
Although I agree in theory with the bolded, once you put in a 3 bet in this spot because of items 1 and 2 that you outlined.......even much more so because in PL you aren't stealing as light so you would be giving him more credit than normal (he also hadn't been pounding his button much at all)..........so even though theory might say you can't raise/fold much at all there, he is crushed pretty much always.
This is my reasoning.
Well if hes going to raise/fold he has to min raise bc potting/folding is real bad you just put in too much of your stack. Iguess min raise folding mayyyyybe could be acceptable just bc in pot limit you need less chips to have a successful resteal stack. I could easily be wrong. I've played very few pot limit holdem tournaments in my life so maybe min-raise folding is ok. (but then you have to go into the whole theory of "oh he min raised so now I have f.e. and can resteal light" which in turn would make his fold bad etc etc)
obv...but I really do think his spot is fairly interesting

in pot limit i dont mind limp calling suited aces especially when mid stacked . is this a bad option ? i no it makes me look weak but if i hit a nice flop i can check raise all in and have the best of the race with two too come usually ?

Well if hes going to raise/fold he has to min raise bc potting/folding is real bad you just put in too much of your stack. Iguess min raise folding mayyyyybe could be acceptable just bc in pot limit you need less chips to have a successful resteal stack. I could easily be wrong. I've played very few pot limit holdem tournaments in my life so maybe min-raise folding is ok. (but then you have to go into the whole theory of "oh he min raised so now I have f.e. and can resteal light" which in turn would make his fold bad etc etc)
lol the more i think about it, what can he possibly do? no option makes sense to me, BRAIN EXPLODE
I agree with both of these but honestly JDep, without antes are you EVER, EVER restealing light there? 3 to 2 against your restealing range is never going to be good enough. Let me see if I can stove it.

I just got home and read the updates.Congrats hoos on making the final table and for putting in a good show. As much as I'm sure you don't want to hear it right now: WP, nice cash, and GG.

Giving Jon a pretty fricking wide resteal range (I honestly don't think it is anywhere close to this wide given the situation and the fact that there are no antes).....Text results appended to pokerstove.txt 327,050,064 games 0.005 secs 65,410,012,800 games/secBoard: Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 39.096% 34.60% 04.50% 113158247 14705638.50 { Ac6c }Hand 1: 60.904% 56.41% 04.50% 184480540 14705638.50 { 22+, A2s+, KJs+, A7o+, KQo }