I find it amusing that I'm (me, Dutch) literally the only person who didn't give a sarcastic answer.
There was nothing sarcastic about my answer.... those were the first 5 songs I thought of.Neither of my other accounts gave sarcastic answers either.OOOOOPS !

ok hank, you don't want to hear this, but get with the program and download a torrent of The Black Keys Attack & Release. Its all too good to pick one song off of it.other than that, try these:Lupe Fiasco - Daydreamin'UNKLE - Nursery Rhyme BreatherRyan Adams - Come Pick Me UpAtmosphere - PuppetsPortishead - Strangersit was really hard picking just one song for each of those artists though, you should know that. also, not all of them are the best songs of their respective albums (I'm looking at you, Ryan Adams) but I think they would be the most accessible to you.

Ain't No Fun... Snoop Dogg and Kurupt and Nate DoggBaby I Love your Way... Big MountainHurt Me Soul... Lupe Fiasco2pac... How do you want itBone Thugs n Harmony... Crossroads (Original version)I just threw a few out there. I didn't try too hard really. I didn't really mix up the genre's did I?Also... Elton John... Your Song and Tiny Dancer.There.
lol...from thuggin' to faggin'...Careless Whispers - George Michael (guilty feet ain't got no rhythm, friend-o)The Macarena - Whoever fuckin' recorded it...Alone Again Naturally - Gilbert O'SullivanSongs in the Key of G - Kenny G (yes, the whole album)Il Divo - Anything that comes with a poster must be good!

Life's Been Good- Joe WalshWhat is Life?- George HarrisonWish You Were Here- Pink FloydLayla- Eric Clapton/Derek and the DominoesMore Than a Feeling- Bostonand for a fan fav, "Yellow Ledbetter" by Pearl Jam

Dogs - Roger Waters and the Bleeding Heart Band w/Doyle Bramhall II (ok go with PF if youre a purist)Come Together - The BeatlesBad Sneakers - Steely DanInterstate Love Song - STPNo Excuses - Alice in ChainsHard to believe Clapton didnt edge in there somewhere. Not surprising that nothing from this century comes even close except for a "cover".

5 Proto-Punk classics you need:Search and Destroy - Iggy and the StoogesKick Out the Jams - The MC5White Light White Heat - Velvet UndergroundPablo Picasso - Jonathan RichmanHorses - Patti Smith

BOC's cover is far better.
It's good but a little too clean. I dig BOC5 Blue Oyster Cult songs you need:Don't Fear The ReaperGodzillaBurnin' For YouBlack BladeJoan Crawford
It's good but a little too clean. I dig BOC5 Blue Oyster Cult songs you need:Don't Fear The ReaperGodzillaBurnin' For YouBlack BladeJoan Crawford
Still a fun group live, Donald (Buck Dharma) Roeser is still blindingly fast, and as you said, clean. My top 5 BOC would be quite different though...Then Came the Last Days of May (live version on A Long Days Night DVD in particular)ME 262 (this is Rock and Roll defined!)The Red and the BlackHarvester of Eyes Seven Screaming DizbustersSigghhhhh...those days of Soft White Underbelly and Pink Floyd at Stony Brook....hard to believe I survived!
Hot Blooded- Foreigner Takin' Care of business -Bachman Turner OverdriveTale it easy - the Eagles - Its actually Take it easy .......and no. Gimme Da Loot- Notorious B.I.G.Any way you want it- Journey
That song is very over rated. Im a huge Jackson Browne fan and he co wrote it with Glenn Frey, Jackson's version is a little better but still not a great song.
Hot Blooded- Foreigner Takin' Care of business -Bachman Turner OverdriveTale it easy - the EaglesGimme Da Loot- Notorious B.I.G.Any way you want it- Journey
Well, they are better than a lot of disco.
My music selection isn't very broad...the only stuff that I could introduce that would likely be new would be from a local Pittsburgh band called The Clarks.
- They mention Millvale before the song. It;s the neighboring town from where I grew up...it was in my school district. Not that anyone cares.
There's plenty more so if you like you can check out the related videos.
I've never understood the fascination that locals have with The Clarks. Don't get me wrong, I own a Clarks CD, but it's nothing more than generic pop. (edit: if this sounds dickish, I apologize)My 5 - The Raconteurs - The Switch and The Spur(I'll leave Jack White here, or else I'd name 5 songs of his...)Alice in Chains - Don't FollowSevendust - Prodigal SonChris Taylor - Jesus and the Baby Elvis (
my favorite local artist)Chris Cornell - Billie Jean