I just moved up in levels, I was winning solid at .10/.25, and then I won a $10 180 dude tourney so my bankroll like tripled, lol. Anyway I know that people get tighter and generally better as you move up the limits, so I'm wondering if I'm playing too lose for this level here, or if it's just some negative variance.This is my 6th hand at the table, haven't shown anything down, taken down 3 on the flop, 55, AK and 89, figure that someone will make a move assuming I'm playing too laggy, but no specific reads on the villain.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($133.85)SB ($66.75)Hero ($52.35)UTG ($50.05)MP ($31.75)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :D , K :club: . 1 fold, MP calls $0.50, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero raises to $1.5, MP calls $1, SB calls $1.Flop: ($4.50) 8 :4h , 2 :ts , 4 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3, MP folds, SB raises to $10, Hero raises to $26, SB raises to $65.25, Hero?In 25nl I make this call, but what about here? Also how was the play up to this point, do we like the re raise on the flop?

First off, you've got to raise it up bigger pf. $1.50 should be your absolute minimum WITHOUT limpers. So, in this case, $2.50 or $3. I bet more on the flop, but that's a minor point.As for the flop decision, our pot odds are too good to fold. We have to call like $21 into a pot of, what, $80 or whatever (this is really, really approximate eyeballing math). If we could limit him to sets then can fold, but we have a fair chunk of equity against two pair hands, overplayed overpairs, and big draws (even against bottom two we're ~30% to win, if I'm recalling my PokerStove correctly). Sets suck, but we can always backdoor the winner. :-)$50 NL, in my experience, is the absolute worst level. $10/$25 NL are full of fish, but when I played $50 NL it was a total rock garden on FTP. But my impressions could reflect only a limited sample.

Anyway I know that people get tighter and generally better as you move up the limits, so I'm wondering if I'm playing too lose for this level here, or if it's just some negative variance. Preflop: Hero is BB with K :ts , K :club: . 1 fold, MP calls $0.50, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero raises to $1.5, MP calls $1, SB calls $1.
Raise more PF. I think the flop is a 50/50 proposition. You need a read to decide here.
As for the flop decision, our pot odds are too good to fold. We have to call like $21 into a pot of, what, $80 or whatever (this is really, really approximate eyeballing math). If we could limit him to sets then can fold, but we have a fair chunk of equity against two pair hands, overplayed overpairs, and big draws (even against bottom two we're ~30% to win, if I'm recalling my PokerStove correctly). Sets suck, but we can always backdoor the winner. :-)$50 NL, in my experience, is the absolute worst level. $10/$25 NL are full of fish, but when I played $50 NL it was a total rock garden on FTP. But my impressions could reflect only a limited sample.
$50 NL sucks everywhere. Sucks. I would skip that level if I were you. It ruins your game.
Raise more PF. I think the flop is a 50/50 proposition. You need a read to decide here.$50 NL sucks everywhere. Sucks. I would skip that level if I were you. It ruins your game.
its absolutely beautiful on partypoker.

Yeah, the PFR was too small, one of the habits I'll have to get out of, in .10.25 I'd raise 3x no matter what I was playing, and raising more almost telegraphed a big PP, but I just need to vary my PFRes more so I can protect my hands without telegraphing them. I was a bit surprised that most of you didn't think it would be a terrible call, I sure convinced myself that I should have folded. He had 88 for the set, without any reads though this was a marginal call.It's also interesting that some say 50nl is the worst, I almost get that feeling too, since it seems like it's a bit too high for the micro donks, but a bit too low for the rich fish. I might go ahead and skip it, since my first day has gone so horrible, my first downswing right when I move up, the next table I sat at I got shoved into holding the flopped nut straight only to see 2 more diamonds come off :club: completely erased all my profits from .10/.25 :ts . I'll just hold out for $1K and play 100nl when I get there.