Thoughts On Sng Hand

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2747715Basically as of today i've decided to go back to sng's for a couple of weeks and take a break from cash. So the $33+3 and the $55+5 6 max sngs will be my bread and butter for a while.I just played a semi weird hand (see above) and would appreciate thoughts. Personally i thought..1. Raise pre, obv wasn't thinking when i donkey limped2. I was thinking raise the flop more, like to 450/500 not 400.3. Im guessing without a sicko read just flat the turn hoping to boat up of hit the miricle 3d and fold the river all standard. Wanted to post incase im missing something obvious.sam.

You pretty much nailed it yourself. Raise pre so you can narrow your opponents' ranges. After the flop, it's not uncommon for someone to be playing a 6 or two diamonds this way since it was a limped pot. Raise the flop harder to charge draws. As played, easy fold on the river.

you know what id do?id push all in on the flop.You know your ahead right now and the other 2 are chasing.If you crank it up youll likely chase them away and win a nice small pot.If they chase and beat you thats fine. But your easily the favourite, unless someone made a crazy straight.... so if they miss like there meant too you double/triple up.This will allow you to play a relaxed tight game. or if your inclined, the bullying game.My intuition tells me at the 50 dollar level, the players wont take the chance and chase it.... the odds arent there.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2747715Basically as of today i've decided to go back to sng's for a couple of weeks and take a break from cash. So the $33+3 and the $55+5 6 max sngs will be my bread and butter for a while.I just played a semi weird hand (see above) and would appreciate thoughts. Personally i thought..1. Raise pre, obv wasn't thinking when i donkey limped2. I was thinking raise the flop more, like to 450/500 not 400.3. Im guessing without a sicko read just flat the turn hoping to boat up of hit the miricle 3d and fold the river all standard. Wanted to post incase im missing something obvious.sam.
Raising pre with 44 in a turbo sng at 15/30 would be an awful play. In a cash game, it'd be fine.I think you played the hand fine besides not rr enough... and even that isnt that bad because you can probably. get his whole stack if the board pairs or a couple bananas hit the turn and river... You want to build a pot. Unfortunately the worst card in the world hit you on the turn.
you know what id do?id push all in on the flop.You know your ahead right now and the other 2 are chasing.If you crank it up youll likely chase them away and win a nice small pot.If they chase and beat you thats fine. But your easily the favourite, unless someone made a crazy straight.... so if they miss like there meant too you double/triple up.This will allow you to play a relaxed tight game. or if your inclined, the bullying game.My intuition tells me at the 50 dollar level, the players wont take the chance and chase it.... the odds arent there.
Not a bad play at all. he may call with 2 overs and a flush draw.

You could shove the floop or even the turn. If you shove the turn you have so many outs...pair the board as well as the OESFD.I probably wouldn't make it to the turn because I'd have shoved the flop.

Bet sizing is awkward here. You cant price anything out on the turn if the flop bet is called, same with making it 400 or 500. Flop is either a flat or a push and in a turbo SnG probably a push. In a regular SnG Id flat it.

Raising pre with 44 in a turbo sng at 15/30 would be an awful play. In a cash game, it'd be fine.I think you played the hand fine besides not rr enough... and even that isnt that bad because you can probably. get his whole stack if the board pairs or a couple bananas hit the turn and river... You want to build a pot. Unfortunately the worst card in the world hit you on the turn.
completely agree with everything you said.... you played it perfect .. never raise pre with this hand early in a sng. You don't need to define hand ranges of other players at this stage... you are playing your hand strictly for set value.