I has been a long while since I had played a SNG on any site and recently I started playing them again after almost emptying out my account due to money issues. I left abotu $70 in my FT account and decided to just have fun with it playing $5 MTT's and SNG's, hoping to build back up.I haven't really touched MTT's in the last two weeks since empyting my account because the SNG's have been great for me so far. I cannot believe how soft the 9 man and 6 man games are at the $5 level. I have been doing great, cashing in 1 of every 3 SNG I play and winning 1 of every 7-8. I want to know at what level do these SNG's on FT become significantly more difficult. I'm going to build up to about $250 and then jump into the $10 9 and 6 man games and would like to know at which point you begin to face tough players. As of right now I am laughing at the level of play I have seen and cannot believe I wasn't playing these all along.I imagine once you get to the $20 SNG's the play is taken somewhat seriously but can still be very beatable with a patient ABC style of play, tossing in the odd bluff when you have the weaker opponents pegged.

I play on stars, but I am sure my advice will hold true for FT. It's not that all of the 5s will be soft and all of the 10, 20s will be hard. It's just that you have a better chance of getting soft tables at lower limits. On stars, the 3.4s are pathetic, 6.5s a slightly harder, and the 16s are only slightly harder than the 6.5s. But I have seen tables as high as 215 that are soft and tables as low as 6.5 loaded with tough players... given that 6.50 was an sngicons.com video. I am more interested in why you think 25 buy ins is enough when moving up to a level you are not sure you can beat. If you can reload, then usually people have 40 buy ins... if you cant I like to have 100-120 buy ins. my 2 cents.

I play on stars, but I am sure my advice will hold true for FT. It's not that all of the 5s will be soft and all of the 10, 20s will be hard. It's just that you have a better chance of getting soft tables at lower limits. On stars, the 3.4s are pathetic, 6.5s a slightly harder, and the 16s are only slightly harder than the 6.5s. But I have seen tables as high as 215 that are soft and tables as low as 6.5 loaded with tough players... given that 6.50 was an sngicons.com video. I am more interested in why you think 25 buy ins is enough when moving up to a level you are not sure you can beat. If you can reload, then usually people have 40 buy ins... if you cant I like to have 100-120 buy ins. my 2 cents.
I agree, 25 buyins is too short, even if you can reload, because of the psychological pressure of wanting to avoid reloading. Also agree with the 100+ total commitment. these should be pretty low variance, but you can get into some hellish runs of 2/3 outers beating you on the river and out before the money

I suppose 25 BI is a little too short but feel confident that it will be enough for me to sustain any loses. I guess I should be closer to 35-40 and as far as the psychological effects of playing on a short BR, I really don't see me having any as the money I am playing with now is all money won and really isn't life changing.