$5,000 No-limit 2-7 Draw - Awesome Final Table

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the other day what the chances would be that every single event of a WSOP was won by a first time bracelet winner.We're up to 15 this year, but this looks like breaking the trend. Only Tony G and Benyamine can keep it rolling.
Benyamine and Tony G both gone. We are going to have our first multiple bracelet winner of the year. I'd like to see E Dog get it and probably secure the POY at the same time.
I vaguely remember a WSOP triple draw event being aired a few years back with a pretty stacked final table. From a TV point of view (as opposed to a poker view) it didn't make great tele because they all just got on with the job of playing poker and not acting up and getting overtaken with emotion.
When I say aired, I will have watched it from the Poker Bay, so it must have been a DVD extra. It was really boring. The loudest person at the table was Steve Zolotow!

Following the coverage on pokernews...how is it possible for every player in a 3-handed game to be trending upward in chips?Chip CountsPlayer Sponsor Amount Trend Jeffrey Lisandro T6Poker 1675000 + 725000 Mike Matusow Full Tilt Poker 1300000 + 375000 Barry Greenstein PokerStars 961000 + 31000 Erick Lindgren Full Tilt Poker 0 Busted Tom Schneider 0 BustedTony 'G' Guoga T6Poker 0 Busted David Benyamine Full Tilt Poker 0 Busted

That one was actually NL 2-7 Draw. Funny thing about that '04 final table...ESPN definitely filmed it. It is on You Tube. But I don't think they ever aired it on the network. When I saw it on You Tube, I could not remember the entire FT being aired (and I watched EVERY week), but I did remember the scene where Binion's ordered pizza for all the players. Lo and behold, I was watching a replay of one of the 7-card stud events from that year on ESPN classic and they showed highlights of the event, the players eating pizza at the tables and Count Chockula slipping on the bracelet.
someone linked the full version a couple of years back and it was very interesting to watch, since I didnt really know that game.

2008 World Series of Poker - No-Limit 2-7 Draw Lowball w/ReBuys (Event 18) Buy In:$5,000 Top Prize:$537,862 Entrants:85 Pos. Paid:14 Players Remain 3(Chip CountsChange Jeffrey Lisandro 2,035,000 Barry Greenstein 1,150,000 Mike Matusow 405,000 Erick Lindgren 0 4thTom Schneider 0 5thTony 'G' Guoga 0 6thDavid Benyamine 0 7th

Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:45:03 Updated Chip Counts Barry Greenstein - 1,740000 Jeffrey Lisandro - 750,000 Mike Matusow - 915,000 Chips have been flying around between Lisandro and The Mouth while Barry just keeps chippin up. Sounds like its been alot of fun.

Mike Matusow Doubles UpOn the first hand after Greenstein's elimination, Mike Matusow moved all in. Jeff Lisandro, looking to end it, called.Each player drew one card.Matusow: 9-6-5-3-xLisandro: T-8-5-2-x"Let me have him drawing dead," Matusow pleaded as he squeezed his card. "Don't let me double up baby. It's over if I double up." He peeled up the corner of the card."You have to make a hand now," he said, looking squarely at Lisandro. He turned up a 10 for 10-9-6-5-3.Lisandro peeled his own card, then flipped it over. "Pairs the 8!" Matusow yelled jubilantly. He ran around the stage, high-fiving all the spectators who were out of their seats. "Watch out! Lotta heart baby!"

Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:28:08 The Matusow Express Mike Matusow can't lose. Jeff Lisandro raised the button to 175,000 and Matusow called. On the draw, Matusow took one card while Lisandro stood pat. Both players checked after the draw. Matusow slammed over a 10-7. Upon seeing it, Lisandro mucked. "I like this win-every-pot kind of thing," said Matusow. "I feel like 'durr'." Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:27:04 Matusow On a Heater "The Mouth" just picked up his fourth pot in a row. Here's how the action went down: Mike Matusow raised to 175,000 on the button and Lisandro came along for the ride. Each player took one. After the draw, Lisandro tossed out 200,000. Calmly and confidently Matusow announced "raise" and pushed an additional 500,000. Lisandro tossed his hands and the Matusow fan club did their thing. Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:24:04 Is Hevad Khan in the House? Mike Matusow raised the button to 150,000. Jeff Lisandro called. On the draw, each drew one card. Jeff Lisandro then bet 150,000 after the draw. Matusow thought for about ten seconds before making the call with a J-8. It was good. "Yeah baby!" shouted Matusow, leaping out of his chair again. He ran into the gallery, high-fiving people along the way. All of this excessive celebration has got to be irritating Lisandro. Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:21:01 Mike Matusow on a Roll Jeffrey Lisandro raised to 200,000 from the button and Mike Matusow made the call. Matusow discarded one while Lisandro needed two more. After the draw, Matusow bet 200,000 and Lisandro made a quick call. Matusow turned up and Lisandro mucked. Matusow's ever-growing gallery of fans applauded as Matusow did his awkward and off-balance victory dance.

Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:01:04 On the Ropes Mike Matusow continues to hammer away at Jeff Lisandro. He open-shoved from the button, and Lisandro was forced to lay down his hand, flashing two aces before doing so. Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:00:59 The Prettiest Card in the Deck Matusow raised to 225,000 on the button and Lisandro made the call. Both players drew one card. Lisandro was first to act and he bet 250,000. Mike Matusow took about 30 seconds and then announced "all in." Lisandro gave up his hand fairly quickly and Matusow's gallery eruprted once again. Matusow, perhaps wanting to add a little fuel to the fire, proudly displayed the from his hand as he mucked. Lisandro, apparently wanting to derail Matusow's momentum, showed a pair of threes proving that he was in fact beat. Despite the showmanship, Mike Matusow won the pot and left Lisandro with roughly 650,000. JUST KEEP IT GOIN MIKEY!!!!!!

DANG ITLisandro Doubles... Again Jeff Lisandro is the cockroach of this tournament. He just cannot be killed. He raised to 160,000 on the button and Mike Matusow made the call. Matusow drew one card. Lisandro stood pat. Matusow checked in the dark to Lisandro, who moved all in for 320,000. Matusow peeled his card. "I made my hand," he said. "I didn't want to make my hand." He tanked for about a minute, then decided to make the call. "Ten," said Lisandro. Matusow leaned over the table. "Ten what?" "Ten-eight," replied Lisandro. "Ten-eight what?" asked Matusow again. Both players turned their hands over. Matusow showed 10-8-7. Lisandro showed 10-8-5 to survive and double up back to about 1 million in chips.

Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:34:03 An Interested Gallery The best players in the game aren't just seated at the table. Several well known pros are currently seated in the Milwaukee's Best No Limit Lounge Area. Those currently watching the action include Phil Hellmuth, Greg Mueller, Perry Friedman, Dario Minieri, Cyndy Violette, Jean-Robert Bellande, Shannon Elizabeth, Kenny Tran, and Johnny Chan. Not too long ago Phil Hellmuth, who is for some reason dressed like a five star general, stood up to stretch his legs and Perry Friedman quipped "who called security?" Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:34:02 Lisandro Takes Another Hit Every time Jeff Lisandro climbs up through blind steals, Mike Matusow knocks him back down. In the latest hand, Matusow raised to 225,000 from the button. Lisandro called. On the draw, Lisandro took one card while Matusow took two. Lisandro then bet 175,000. Matusow thought about it for fifteen seconds before making the call. "Pair," said Lisandro. Matusow slammed over K-8-6-5-4 to take the pot.

During the period of action that saw Matusow winning hand after hand, one of Lisandro's friends brought him a hat for good luck. Lisandro quickly put it on and hasn't removed it since. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so just look to the right.4850ee06e42b9.jpgWTF. Someone tell this doucheclown he's fifty and is never going to be the 6th member of N'Sync. Is Mikey skinny enough to comment on Jeff's moobs yet? With friends like this who needs enemies. Hey, Jeff is playing for 500K and a bracelet, let's put flamingo hat on him! No? Ok, well dye his hair and get him a "lucky" visor!!!

Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:34:03 An Interested Gallery The best players in the game aren't just seated at the table. Several well known pros are currently seated in the Milwaukee's Best No Limit Lounge Area. Those currently watching the action include Phil Hellmuth, Greg Mueller, Perry Friedman, Dario Minieri, Cyndy Violette, Jean-Robert Bellande, Shannon Elizabeth, Kenny Tran, and Johnny Chan. Not too long ago Phil Hellmuth, who is for some reason dressed like a five star general, stood up to stretch his legs and Perry Friedman quipped "who called security?" Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:34:02 Lisandro Takes Another Hit Every time Jeff Lisandro climbs up through blind steals, Mike Matusow knocks him back down. In the latest hand, Matusow raised to 225,000 from the button. Lisandro called. On the draw, Lisandro took one card while Matusow took two. Lisandro then bet 175,000. Matusow thought about it for fifteen seconds before making the call. "Pair," said Lisandro. Matusow slammed over K-8-6-5-4 to take the pot.
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Mike Matusow Wins Event #18 -$5,000 No-Limit Deuce-to-Seven Draw; Jeff Lisandro Eliminated in 2nd Place ($347,004)Mike Matusow had the button and open shoved all in. Jeff Lisandro made the call and announced he was drawing one. Matusow went into the tank and it was very clear that he couldn't decide whether or not to break his hand. Finally, he said, "I'm good."Lisandro: 9-6-5-3-xMatusow: Q-8-7-4-3"It was a tough decision for me," said Matusow as he anxiously watched Lisandro squeeze out his card. Lisandro squeezed... a queen to make a queen-nine. He is eliminated in second place and collects $347,004. The rally cap couldn't break him the gold bracelet for Lisandro.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1Someone call Ryland so he can tell Mike congrats from his late night birds at FCPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!