$5,000 No-limit 2-7 Draw - Awesome Final Table

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff, going to be so entertaining listening to him about this.almost 1pm here, I love these wsop updates, gets me through my whole morning in work

This picture makes it look like Mike hasn't lost much weight :icon_confused:EDIT: It's late and I realize now that this pic is old lol @ me
This thread also makes it look like Andy Black made the 2-7 Draw final table. But we know better on both accounts. Cmon, Thrice fans don't wear women's jeans unless they're opening for MCR. Alchemy 1-4 + Mikey FTMFW!!!!!!!!!
This thread also makes it look like Andy Black made the 2-7 Draw final table. But we know better on both accounts. Cmon, Thrice fans don't wear women's jeans unless they're opening for MCR. Alchemy 1-4 + Mikey FTMFW!!!!!!!!!
AMEN to Alchemy 1-4 Thrice for LIFE AND MIKEY FTW WOOO!

Congratulations to Mike Matusow, Champion of Event #18 ($537,862)Mike Matusow is the champion of Event #18. This makes his third WSOP gold bracelet."I want to thank all of my fans," said Matusow, as he was being interviewed by WSOP Commissioner Jeffrey Pollack. Matusow was clearly overwhelmed with emotion, though not quite to the point of tears."I don't know much about this game," joked Matusow, "but I know no-limit. If I continue to play like I played this week, it's gonna be a real good World Series." That comment drew a rousing round of applause from all of the fans who stayed into the late hours of the night to watch Matusow's triumph.On the last hand before dinner, Matusow lost a huge chunk of his stack to Lisandro after betting a pair and getting called by Lisandro's ace-high. He came back from the dinner break with just ten big blinds in his stack. Just before play resumed after dinner, Matusow came over to our media table and started talking about the tournament."It ain't over," he told us. He got that right.a very well deserved congrats .mouth peice call in ?? or will he be partying still lol

I hope he wasn't staked and used his weightloss bet win $$ to buyin to this. Matusow wins another bracelet before DN. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is. That'll teach you to be so lazy.

Wiki is so sick it already shows Mike winning the 2-7 event. It seems like Mike has alot of fans and is generally liked, so I found this surprising...Matusow is both loved and disliked by many poker fans. At the 2007 WSOP Main Event final table, Tournament Director Jack Effel asked the audience to recognize one of Effel's "favorite" players. The fans cheered and booed.Who would boo Mike???

Wiki is so sick it already shows Mike winning the 2-7 event. It seems like Mike has alot of fans and is generally liked, so I found this surprising...Matusow is both loved and disliked by many poker fans. At the 2007 WSOP Main Event final table, Tournament Director Jack Effel asked the audience to recognize one of Effel's "favorite" players. The fans cheered and booed.Who would boo Mike???
No one hates Mike. They hate the part of themselves they see in him, and the envy they have deep in their left testicle. Mikey > hate

Real nice to see Mike take it down. Saw on the player profiles before the event that Mikey was actually top 10 all time in money won at the WSOP.. wow if that's true.

I hope he wasn't staked and used his weightloss bet win $$ to buyin to this. Matusow wins another bracelet before DN. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is. That'll teach you to be so lazy.
I'm sure he wasn't staked. He was running well online before and had been crushing the big HORSE games on Full Tilt. Plus after the weight loss bet he was basically freerolling the World Series.
Real nice to see Mike take it down. Saw on the player profiles before the event that Mikey was actually top 10 all time in money won at the WSOP.. wow if that's true.
I can imagine that. He's had at least 3 deep ME runs, plus 2 bracelets (before tonight) and plenty of other cashes.Glad Mike won, always thought he was a good player and did genuinely get more than his share of beats for a period. Buth aving seen his videos on Cardplayer recently I put him in my pool because I was sure he'd have a good WSOP. He's in better shape, both physically and mentally, than I've ever seen him.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nice for the mouth to win this ... really happy for him , a great player and he deserves it :club::ts:D good job Mike , go for the most this year ! GOOD LUCK

GG Mike,If I was Lisandro I would be pissed though. When Mike made him show his hand when Jeff just wanted to muck it (Jeff made a straight). That is really bad to do at a poker table to someone. Mike didnt break a rule obv but its just not good form!

GG Mike,If I was Lisandro I would be pissed though. When Mike made him show his hand when Jeff just wanted to muck it (Jeff made a straight). That is really bad to do at a poker table to someone. Mike didnt break a rule obv but its just not good form!
picking up information in a game like 2-7 td is essential. Mike is definitely an old school poker player with plenty of ettiquette... but ur comment seems silly and out of place.