$5,000 No-limit 2-7 Draw - Awesome Final Table

Erick Lindgren - 1.1mMike Matusow - 540kJeffrey Lisandro - 510kBarry Greenstein - 440kTony G - 440kDavid Benyamine - 350k Tom Schneider - 195kThe play for the night has just ended and the final table is set. I pray ESPN FILMS THIS!! It would definitely get them some ratings.Payouts in this link: LINKFILM IT ESPN!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the other day what the chances would be that every single event of a WSOP was won by a first time bracelet winner.We're up to 15 this year, but this looks like breaking the trend. Only Tony G and Benyamine can keep it rolling.I vaguely remember a WSOP triple draw event being aired a few years back with a pretty stacked final table. From a TV point of view (as opposed to a poker view) it didn't make great tele because they all just got on with the job of playing poker and not acting up and getting overtaken with emotion.Although saying that, this final table is about as perfect as you could get from a broadcasters point of view. Swap Barry for DN and Tom Schneider for some young kid with a heart breaking back story playing his first ever live tournament with the last of his families money and you would have a winner.

I vaguely remember a WSOP triple draw event being aired a few years back with a pretty stacked final table. From a TV point of view (as opposed to a poker view) it didn't make great tele because they all just got on with the job of playing poker and not acting up and getting overtaken with emotion.
Ah, just found this. It was the actually the 2004 $5000 limit 2-7 draw event. The final table was:1. Barry Greenstein2. Chris Ferguson3. Wil Wilkinson4. Howard Lederer5. Chau Giang6. Steve Zolotow7. Lyle BermanThat explains why it wasn't the most riveting TV!
Ah, just found this. It was the actually the 2004 $5000 limit 2-7 draw event. The final table was:1. Barry Greenstein2. Chris Ferguson3. Wil Wilkinson4. Howard Lederer5. Chau Giang6. Steve Zolotow7. Lyle BermanThat explains why it wasn't the most riveting TV!
That one was actually NL 2-7 Draw. Funny thing about that '04 final table...ESPN definitely filmed it. It is on You Tube. But I don't think they ever aired it on the network. When I saw it on You Tube, I could not remember the entire FT being aired (and I watched EVERY week), but I did remember the scene where Binion's ordered pizza for all the players. Lo and behold, I was watching a replay of one of the 7-card stud events from that year on ESPN classic and they showed highlights of the event, the players eating pizza at the tables and Count Chockula slipping on the bracelet.
I think this might be a fun final table to watch just for the table talk between Mike Matusow and Tony G.
For sure, Tony G's wicked at giving needle :club:
That one was actually NL 2-7 Draw. Funny thing about that '04 final table...ESPN definitely filmed it. It is on You Tube. But I don't think they ever aired it on the network. When I saw it on You Tube, I could not remember the entire FT being aired (and I watched EVERY week), but I did remember the scene where Binion's ordered pizza for all the players. Lo and behold, I was watching a replay of one of the 7-card stud events from that year on ESPN classic and they showed highlights of the event, the players eating pizza at the tables and Count Chockula slipping on the bracelet.
linkaments please.
They did not air it. I would remember because I was really really into the WSOP coverage in 2004. I watched every week and they only time they strayed from hold em was for one PLO final table.Gonna have to go check this out on youtube.....

wow, great table Go Barry

wow, great table Go Barry

lmoa

That really is a great final table, but it also has to be one of the most boring group of people ever!!!This years has great players and should be extremely entertaining with Mikey and Tony G.
I would have kicked ass if that was one of the tournies in the pool :ts
2 ppl from my pool are in. sweet.go edog/barryg!!edit: nm its not championship event
This. :club:

im really pulling for matusow , guys really turned his life around in the last 2 years and hes a new positive person and a great guy.1 time for mikey hold edog is on fire also # 2 maybe ???

Action folded around to Tom Schneider on the button and he raised to 35,000. Barry Greenstein made the call from the big blind and asked for two cards. Schneider took just one card. After the draw, Greenstein checked and Schneider pushed out 50,000. Greenstein thought a bit, then made the call. Schneider smiled and turned up . Matusow quipped "uh oh...Tom got his hand caught in the cookie jar." Greenstein tabled for the win and took down the pot.Don't play this game hardly at all, but this seems like a pretty sick call.