The Bowling Thread

That wall blocking the aisle on 1-2 would piss me off to no end.Had our first week of two-week peterson point-style roll-offs on Tuesday in my scratch league. Our 3-hole bowler, who's normally a 217-220 average, shot his worst set of the year. We're in 9th, but there's still a chance to move up. I shot 625, had trouble picking up corner pins, left a couple of splits and a washout.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot 666 tonight. 184-247-235Shot some videos of me tonight too.Far Shot
Closer
Looking at my Footwork (I walk in in arc, drifting a few board left then a few boards right to end up where I started)
All 3 were strikes. I was throwing my Total NV and standing 23, pitching it out to around 8ish.No need for me to play deeper tonight (NV is my least hooking ball)
always cool to see how people throw the ball. One of these days I will get a video up of me bowling. I have a couple but the angles are terrible.

I was watching the women's college championship that they had on ESPN on Sunday and damn bowling team seems really hard to line your shots up. And being that you only bowl two frames there must be more pressure than bowling by yourself. I mean if you screw up you still know you got nine more frames.

I was watching the women's college championship that they had on ESPN on Sunday and damn bowling team seems really hard to line your shots up. And being that you only bowl two frames there must be more pressure than bowling by yourself. I mean if you screw up you still know you got nine more frames.
I bowled a ton growing up with the #1 and #2 bowlers on Nebraska. Katie Anne Sopp and Jasmine Laugerman. They are both from Minnesota, as is the girl who threw Nebraska's last shot of the last game.And Baker games ARE the best true form of TEAM bowling, because the team depends on one another to have a good game. Finding the right combo of guys at any given time that have the best look at the pocket, to line them up after each other to get strings of strikes is a hard thing to figure out.Speaking of nationals and baker. I leave tomorrow for Nationals :club: If anyone is really interested, the 16 teams at nationals bowl 32 baker games on Thursday for seeding (all 16 get seeded), then Friday is a double-elimination bracket. Top 4 seeds get 2 byes, 5-8 get one bye, 9-16 face each other to start. Each match is best of 7 baker games. It is going to be super intense. They play down to 4 teams Friday, and the remaining 4 come back to finish it all off on Friday. The finals are just a best of 3 (so they can fit it on TV...CTV tho, not ESPN)There are live results up to the minute being posted on Bowl.com then clicking the collegiate link.Wish NDSU luck! (since I hope none of you will cheer for any of those other "good" colleges :-) )

All done bowling for the year. Finished with a 174 average. I'll take it since this is only my third time bowling league. I know what I need to work on over the summer. Picking up spares and working on duplicating my strike shot. On a side note my friend won the strike pot at our house. He won $7,300 for bowling 12 strikes. What an *******...

bowled Weds night a bit disappointed with how I finished. Bowled 197, 202, 241. The 241 I had spare, spare then threw the next 7 and first ball in the tenth throw the worst ball all night and leave the 6,8,10 split. I won the scratch and scratch side pot but missed the scratch doubles by 8 pins. And my average dropped from 242 to a 232 over nine games. Was hoping to get it up to 250 that will be really tough to do now. Oh wellAlso should be getting my rapid fire from my friend this weekend so getting excited to see how that ball reacts.

So my college bowling career is finally over. A little backstory, we were ranked #57 in nation going in to sectionals, and given NO chance to finish top 4 to make it to nationals, well we did. The top 20 poll that came out 2 days before nationals had us receiving some votes and ranked 28th, even though we are final 16 teams in the nation.So essentially no one gave us a chance in hell to do anything at nationals.Matches were double elimination, 1st to 4 pts (ties are worth .5 pts.Our 1st match was vs the #3 seed, Saginaw Valley State University. They are ranked #2 in country and won the national title in 2006 and 2007. They have the bowler of the year last 2 years and probably the best bowler in college history as their anchor (anchor bowls in the 5spot, so 5th and 10th frame)I was anchor for our team as I had the best look on the team for the most part. Game 1 we go back and forth looking like shit. They finished ahead of us, with MacLelland (their anchor) going 9/7 in the 10th frame, leaving it up to me to go XXX to tie, I was cool as ice and slammed 3 straight strikes to sneak a tie out of game 1. In game 2, it came down to the 10th frame again, we just needed a spare in 10th to win. I throw a perfect shot and leave a pocket 7-10 (which for those who don't bowl, is just a horrible break and totally undeserving) and we lose to go down 1.5-.5 Game 3 I just need a spare in 10th again, throw a great shot and leave a weird pocket 4-6 (another horrible break) and suddenly we are down 2.5-.5 Game 4 we sneak out a win. Game 5 they take one from us. Game 6 we win again so we are down 3.5-2.5 Game 7 we just suck and they beat us up. Oh well. We go to the loser bracket.Second match was versus Newman College. They are all like 6'5 and scary as shit. They are ranked #6 in country. We go back and forth and win game 1, lose game 2, win game 3, lose game 4. Then we break them and win game 5 and 6 to knock them out and move on 4-2.By this time, we have had a tough draw already, and definitely are proving that we aren't a fluke, but we want to win the last 3 matches of the day to make it to the final 4 tomorrow.Third match we play Pikeville College, ranked #10 in nation. We win, lose, win, lose 1st 4. Then we play the best game I have ever witnessed in my entire life. They start off with spare, we start off with 7-2 (left a split). They then go next 6 strikes with the 5th and 6th going brooklynn and totally lucky. We match them with 6 straight flush strikes. 8th frame they go 7-2 (split) and we go 9/ to give us a 3pin lead with 2 frames to go. At this point I am #4 bowler and our big lefty is #5. They strike in 9th, I throw perfect strike in 9th as well. Goes to 10th, they throw strike, we throw huge strike to keep up. then they throw strike, and we throw huge strike again to match them. They throw 6count and we strike for 257-251 win (biggest cumulative score of tourney at 508 pins, 2nd only was 440) We then beat up on their demoralized ass in game 6 and move on.We then play Purdue. They are ranked #13 in nation. We crush them 1st 2 games for a quick 2-0 lead and then they just get disgustingly lucky over and over and over and carry everything and win four straight vs us to knock us out of the tourney in 7th.We came to this tourney with nothing to lose and everything to gain. We put NDSU bowling on the map for everyone in bowling. And I finished my career raising hell at nationals.I'm pretty disappointed we couldn't continue our magical run, but I have no reason to hang my head. Next year I get to come back as NDSU's coach and with me being the only senior on the team, we will be a team to watch again.

So my college bowling career is finally over. A little backstory, we were ranked #57 in nation going in to sectionals, and given NO chance to finish top 4 to make it to nationals, well we did. The top 20 poll that came out 2 days before nationals had us receiving some votes and ranked 28th, even though we are final 16 teams in the nation.So essentially no one gave us a chance in hell to do anything at nationals.Matches were double elimination, 1st to 4 pts (ties are worth .5 pts.Our 1st match was vs the #3 seed, Saginaw Valley State University. They are ranked #2 in country and won the national title in 2006 and 2007. They have the bowler of the year last 2 years and probably the best bowler in college history as their anchor (anchor bowls in the 5spot, so 5th and 10th frame)I was anchor for our team as I had the best look on the team for the most part. Game 1 we go back and forth looking like shit. They finished ahead of us, with MacLelland (their anchor) going 9/7 in the 10th frame, leaving it up to me to go XXX to tie, I was cool as ice and slammed 3 straight strikes to sneak a tie out of game 1. In game 2, it came down to the 10th frame again, we just needed a spare in 10th to win. I throw a perfect shot and leave a pocket 7-10 (which for those who don't bowl, is just a horrible break and totally undeserving) and we lose to go down 1.5-.5 Game 3 I just need a spare in 10th again, throw a great shot and leave a weird pocket 4-6 (another horrible break) and suddenly we are down 2.5-.5 Game 4 we sneak out a win. Game 5 they take one from us. Game 6 we win again so we are down 3.5-2.5 Game 7 we just suck and they beat us up. Oh well. We go to the loser bracket.Second match was versus Newman College. They are all like 6'5 and scary as shit. They are ranked #6 in country. We go back and forth and win game 1, lose game 2, win game 3, lose game 4. Then we break them and win game 5 and 6 to knock them out and move on 4-2.By this time, we have had a tough draw already, and definitely are proving that we aren't a fluke, but we want to win the last 3 matches of the day to make it to the final 4 tomorrow.Third match we play Pikeville College, ranked #10 in nation. We win, lose, win, lose 1st 4. Then we play the best game I have ever witnessed in my entire life. They start off with spare, we start off with 7-2 (left a split). They then go next 6 strikes with the 5th and 6th going brooklynn and totally lucky. We match them with 6 straight flush strikes. 8th frame they go 7-2 (split) and we go 9/ to give us a 3pin lead with 2 frames to go. At this point I am #4 bowler and our big lefty is #5. They strike in 9th, I throw perfect strike in 9th as well. Goes to 10th, they throw strike, we throw huge strike to keep up. then they throw strike, and we throw huge strike again to match them. They throw 6count and we strike for 257-251 win (biggest cumulative score of tourney at 508 pins, 2nd only was 440) We then beat up on their demoralized ass in game 6 and move on.We then play Purdue. They are ranked #13 in nation. We crush them 1st 2 games for a quick 2-0 lead and then they just get disgustingly lucky over and over and over and carry everything and win four straight vs us to knock us out of the tourney in 7th.We came to this tourney with nothing to lose and everything to gain. We put NDSU bowling on the map for everyone in bowling. And I finished my career raising hell at nationals.I'm pretty disappointed we couldn't continue our magical run, but I have no reason to hang my head. Next year I get to come back as NDSU's coach and with me being the only senior on the team, we will be a team to watch again.
I was following you guys on friday. I saw you guys went up against one of the top ranked teams with one of the nations best bowlers. There is a guy who bowls for sagenaw from hawaii. Seem him bowl down here a lot really solid bowler. Amazing run for you guys with where you were ranked and the good quality matches that you guys were able to have. I also noticed that a team shot a 300 in the qualifying I believe. congrats again on the good finish
I was following you guys on friday. I saw you guys went up against one of the top ranked teams with one of the nations best bowlers. There is a guy who bowls for sagenaw from hawaii. Seem him bowl down here a lot really solid bowler. Amazing run for you guys with where you were ranked and the good quality matches that you guys were able to have. I also noticed that a team shot a 300 in the qualifying I believe. congrats again on the good finish
Thanks!Yeah Webber International shot the 300 in game 5 or 6 on Thursday if I remember right. All 12 were flush too. They were bowling next to us. They are a 1st year program, but unlike us who have to scrap for bowlers and money and shit, they were built strictly for bowling. They practice 5 days a week at the Kegal Center in Florida, which breaks down shots using awesome equipment, and basically turns you into a machine of a human. They recruited 1 bowler from Texas, 2 for Florida, 3 from Puerto Rico, 1 from Brazil and 1 from the Netherlands. Bunch of real nice guys and I was rooting for them to win once us and ASU busted out in 7th and 5th respectively.Is Toby Sambueno the bowler from HI?He is a disgustingly good bowler. I bowled a few big junior tourneys with him and he wiped the floor with everyone. Too bad he was academically ineligible 2nd semester due to grades and was relegated to clipboard duties during nationals. Saginaw would have been CLEAR favorites to win if he was on the roster.
Thanks!Yeah Webber International shot the 300 in game 5 or 6 on Thursday if I remember right. All 12 were flush too. They were bowling next to us. They are a 1st year program, but unlike us who have to scrap for bowlers and money and shit, they were built strictly for bowling. They practice 5 days a week at the Kegal Center in Florida, which breaks down shots using awesome equipment, and basically turns you into a machine of a human. They recruited 1 bowler from Texas, 2 for Florida, 3 from Puerto Rico, 1 from Brazil and 1 from the Netherlands. Bunch of real nice guys and I was rooting for them to win once us and ASU busted out in 7th and 5th respectively.Is Toby Sambueno the bowler from HI?He is a disgustingly good bowler. I bowled a few big junior tourneys with him and he wiped the floor with everyone. Too bad he was academically ineligible 2nd semester due to grades and was relegated to clipboard duties during nationals. Saginaw would have been CLEAR favorites to win if he was on the roster.
yeah that is him. I was wondering why he hardly had any games. Yeah down here they have weekly tourneys that they recently started to let junior bowlers in and they get college scholarships. I think the first 5 or six tourneys he was in he made the cut and a couple he made TV. Basically whatever amount of bowlers sign up usually either 60-80 bowlers top 20 make the cut. They do one match play and winner moves on and loser is out. They do that one more time and then the 5 winners make TV. I believe the first tourney he bowled he made the cut with a 740 series. Unbelievably accurate bowler.

So we won our Tuesday league last night. Its funny though, because I shot my worst series of the year in any league. I went 189-200-130=519. During the awards presentation, I won the award "worst score of tourney" for my 519 + 0 handicap. Very next award given was.....high average, which I won with a 218.0. Pretty funny back to back awards won.

• 2 weeks later...

Bowled the last tourney of the year for me on Saturday (until nationals in July)$100 tourney, only 32 people, top 8 advanced to 2nd day.8 games 1st day.Cut was +114I sucked....didn't really want to bowl, but did anyways.Ended up -11 after shooting 232 232 last 2 games (with 4 split opens) The big killer was back to back 150's game 5 and 6 when I was def throwing the wrong ball. I bowl my Wednesday league championship this week, then I bowl a sport shot league with a few jr bowlers for the next 10 weeks.

Shot 736 last Thursday, locked our team into the 2 week roll-off starting this week. We were the 1 seed in last year's roll-off and ended up finishing 4th or 5th. This year we're a little lower on the pole, so we hope to reverse last year's fortunes. :club:

Shot 736 last Thursday, locked our team into the 2 week roll-off starting this week. We were the 1 seed in last year's roll-off and ended up finishing 4th or 5th. This year we're a little lower on the pole, so we hope to reverse last year's fortunes. :club:
Nice series!We took 4th in tourney tonight...sad we couldn't repeat as champs.Old dude(60s) with 202 average shot 300 his last game for 776 to help his team win the league title for 1st time in 12 years (they were always the top team average-wise until our team came on the scene last year but they never captured a league title) and he also won single for that (obvvv)
  • 2 weeks later...

has nothing to do with my bowling but have any of you been watching the king of the hill on ESPN. Damn Wes Mallot threw another 300. Just amazing to watch him bowl.

omg did anyone watch the King of Bowling on ESPN2 for the last 5 weeks??wes mallot (as poty was king) shooting in 5 weeks....268,258,300,257,300ABSOLUTELY THE SICKEST DISPLAY EVER!!

• 2 weeks later...

has no one been bowling? For myself I have been sick so I haven't subbed for the league the past few weeks. Looking at picking up a new ball by the end of the month. The new storm Virtual energy looks really good. Going to be getting a lot more practice in as the weekly tourneys down here starts up in the next couple of weeks.

has no one been bowling? For myself I have been sick so I haven't subbed for the league the past few weeks. Looking at picking up a new ball by the end of the month. The new storm Virtual energy looks really good. Going to be getting a lot more practice in as the weekly tourneys down here starts up in the next couple of weeks.
It's softball season for me. I haven't bowled since leagues ended.

I picked up the Hy-Road yesterday and damn it was a nice ball. Picked it up cause down here we are starting the weekly tourneys and I wanted to adjust my equipment for it. Looking at also picking up the new Virtual energy when that comes out by the end of the month. So right now throwing the virtual gravity, HY-Road, Rapid Fire. Have some other stuff to fill in the gabs here and there. The hy-road really reads the lanes amazingly. Nice length and the back end was nice. Might be putting up some videos on you tube of me bowling soon. Been really trying to work on my timing and release the last few weeks.

My bowling game suffers during the summer because I always drink during summer league, and lately I've been spending way more time golfing than bowling.

• 2 weeks later...

It is about that time to start bowling again since I go to nationals in 3 weeks to bowl...I don't want to bowl now though. 85 and sunny is not quite bowling weather.

It is about that time to start bowling again since I go to nationals in 3 weeks to bowl...I don't want to bowl now though. 85 and sunny is not quite bowling weather.
that the one thing about hawaii it don't matter what it's like outside can bowl whenever. Cause it is sunny all the time anyways.