Top Set, No Low, River Completes Flush

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Omaha/8 (10 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kspade.gif, Jdiamond.gif, Aspade.gif, Aheart.gif. Hero calls, 1 fold, UTG+2 raises, 5 folds, SB calls, 1 fold, Hero calls.Flop: (7 SB) Adiamond.gif, Jclub.gif, 7club.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.Turn: (8 BB) 6heart.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.River: (11 BB) Tclub.gif(3 players)SB bets, Hero ???Too obvioius that SB has hit the flush? Do I have to call regardless?

I looked at this before but could not come up with a good answer.You're probably beat, but I make the call more often than I should.Is this worth a raise PF? No low obv, but chances are good no one else has a good Ace-low hand. I think if Hero was in CO and it was folded around it's an easy raise, probably not here UTG though.

I wouldn't hate re-raising PF after the action got back around to me.I like the flop reraise.River call is debatable. We're getting 11-1 on the call, but we're not closing the action, and I can't reasonably assume that a reasonable low on an ace board isn't going to create some fireworks with someone holding the fllush. At the same time, it's obscene how many times they are both going low and a pair of jacks beats a pair of sixes for the high. The "both going low" scenario is far less likely with an ace on board however. You have to account for UTG+2's PF raise and the SB's flat call of both the PF and Flop action. These actions don't generally lead to hands that fit that board when you hold AAxx...It's always hard to tell at these limits, but If I had to wager I'd put the SB on the 2456 type of hand, and give UTG+2 an A2/A3 type with some clubs. The clubs part I'm not entirely sold on. Either of these guys can have 98 and beat your set anyways.For information purposes, I'd make a mental note of who held the low, who held the flush draw, and go from there.

Well, you give them too much credit. SB was on Q322 for the bare nut low, and UTG+2 was on AK72 for a measly 2P. Oh, and I folded.
I would never fold there. Too many times I've seen a lo donk bet on the end. plus the whole cheaper to call and be wrong than fold and be wrong ;-) If it was PL could be a little dif. IE if I had the nut lo and that flush hit the board on the end I bet the pot like always

You're probably right, I really shouldn't be folding in this kind of situation for one bet on the river (although UTG+2 was still to act and I could have gotten caught in a raising war).

You're probably right, I really shouldn't be folding in this kind of situation for one bet on the river (although UTG+2 was still to act and I could have gotten caught in a raising war).
i wouldnt play this hand to begin with. you have no low possibilities and you're oop
i wouldnt play this hand to begin with. you have no low possibilities and you're oop
No low potential but excellent high potential. And an easy hand to get away from if the flop comes low.
No low potential but excellent high potential. And an easy hand to get away from if the flop comes low.
Exactly...and with an excellent high only hand you want to raise to limit the field so you have a better chance of being isolated against other highs and less chance of someone backing into rough low.

youre almost never forcing low hands to fold and often playing for half the pot.i dont play a ton of O8, but as far as i can tell high only hands seem to be more speculative than dominant

youre almost never forcing low hands to fold and often playing for half the pot.i dont play a ton of O8, but as far as i can tell high only hands seem to be more speculative than dominant
yes but not this one.
PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Omaha/8 (10 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kspade.gif, Jdiamond.gif, Aspade.gif, Aheart.gif. Hero calls, 1 fold, UTG+2 raises, 5 folds, SB calls, 1 fold, Hero calls.Flop: (7 SB) Adiamond.gif, Jclub.gif, 7club.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.Turn: (8 BB) 6heart.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.River: (11 BB) Tclub.gif(3 players)SB bets, Hero ???Too obvioius that SB has hit the flush? Do I have to call regardless?
Basic question: is the SB player a solid player or a donk? If he's a donk (which are common at $.10/$.20) I'm calling %90 of the time (since you're priced in).
fold pf?
Yeah, I would never fold ouble suited AAxx preflop in a pot limit game. Never. Especially with two other broadway cards.
Yeah, I would never fold ouble suited AAxx preflop in a pot limit game. Never. Especially with two other broadway cards.
It's FL not PL but still - a high card flop will be right in my wheelhouse. And it would have worked out too if not for that pesky river card. Which is precisely why these hands are worth more in PLO8 than in FLO8.