• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get what the sw is for.That's a very legitimate question.I wish I was Ivey I know that much.
I love my life personally. While yes, money and poker is a big part of my life, it's not the ONLY part.I'm very comfortable in my own skin, I come from a good family, have good friends, and have a lot of advantages that some don't.I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's life.
im sad no one commented on my Shawshank reference!bunch of homos up in here!
lolI was trying to remember where I heard that line from before, but couldn't put my finger on it. :club::ts
people who are disagreeing wiht me when im saying he's wroth several hundred million are kind of silly...4k-8k game at the bellagio... its standard to have multi million dollar swings in a few sessions... Ivey's been beating games liek that for 20 years.... and you're saying his bankroll is <100 mil??????
that game hasnt even been running for 10 years...

I'm guessing its around the 50-75 million mark. My thinking behind this is.....remember a while back there was talk of a 10 million dollar buy in tourney which 6 players were gonna take part in. Ivey was the first to put his name down. In order to do that he must either be one sick mofo playing outside of his roll, have people taking a % of him, be worth 50-100 mill or all of the above.Answers on a postcard!!

Im pretty sure by ten he means "regularly in the past couple"
What I mean is that 4k/8k hasnt been going that long. It was 3k/6k, 2k/4k, 1500/3000 and so on. The limit was not always 4k/8k.To Vlaxer, If you think he has been playing that limit for 20yrs I think your gravely mistaken. 20yrs ago they probably werent even playing 1k/2k, let alone Ivey since he was in grade school.
What I mean is that 4k/8k hasnt been going that long. It was 3k/6k, 2k/4k, 1500/3000 and so on. The limit was not always 4k/8k.To Vlaxer, If you think he has been playing that limit for 20yrs I think your gravely mistaken. 20yrs ago they probably werent even playing 1k/2k, let alone Ivey since he was in grade school.
looool at some people taking things waaaaaaaaaaaaay too literal sometimes. When VT said 20yrs, I'm pretty sure he just meant it as saying he's been doing it for a looooooooooong time. Also from what I remember reading Ivey did play alot before he was 21, not sure how long. But from what I read, he was playing regularly under an alias, then when he finally turned 21, he told the guys that he played with what his real name actually was.
looool at some people taking things waaaaaaaaaaaaay too literal sometimes. When VT said 20yrs, I'm pretty sure he just meant it as saying he's been doing it for a looooooooooong time. Also from what I remember reading Ivey did play alot before he was 21, not sure how long. But from what I read, he was playing regularly under an alias, then when he finally turned 21, he told the guys that he played with what his real name actually was.
I think you need to read what we were talking about before commenting on this. j/s.
I'm guessing its around the 50-75 million mark. My thinking behind this is.....remember a while back there was talk of a 10 million dollar buy in tourney which 6 players were gonna take part in. Ivey was the first to put his name down. In order to do that he must either be one sick mofo playing outside of his roll, have people taking a % of him, be worth 50-100 mill or all of the above.Answers on a postcard!!
That tournament never happened, because it was complete bullshit. They were planning on taking famous faces and putting the money up for a spectacle, it was never really going to be $10m buy-in winner-take all. That'd be insane and not worth it for any of the players rumoured to have been involved.
Now are you being literal or are they being literal because I need to know which one I should be taking literally...
I think you need to read what we were talking about before commenting on this. j/s.
I have been reading, read everything as a matter of fact, that was just my first comment.I click that orange box so I know where I left off.
Now are you being literal or are they being literal because I need to know which one I should be taking literally...
I was only commenting on the 20yrs thing because a few people kept making comments that Ivey hasn't been playing that long.
I have been reading, read everything as a matter of fact, that was just my first comment.I click that orange box so I know where I left off.
Well you may have been reading but I dont think you were comprehending...The rundown:Vlaxer said Ivey = several hundred millPeople laughedVlaxer replies saying Ivey been playing 4k/8k for 20yrsSomeone said Ivey was 11yr old then, nice trymhoward said the 4k/8k hasnt even been going on 10yrs, nice tryvlaxer said it runs every year during the WSOPmhoward said he didnt mean the big game hasnt ran for 10yrs, but the actual 4k/8k limitgallo said whoa, when vlaxer said "20yrs" he ACTUALLY meant a long time. And gallo said Ivey been playing since before he was 21.vlaxer had his periodSo Gallo, the only person that says one thing but actually means something else is my wife, and I am expected to know that she meant something else. I cant do that for more than one person so vlaxer is going to have to say what he actually means, sorry. Also, I dont think Ivey was playing anything but low stakes games in AC when he had a fake ID.
I was only commenting on the 20yrs thing because a few people kept making comments that Ivey hasn't been playing that long.
No one said Ivey didnt play that long, people said Ivey hasnt been playing the big game that long... but in reality Ivey hasnt played 20 years. Rasheed Wallace said he was 11 20yrs ago.
Well you may have been reading but I dont think you were comprehending...The rundown:Vlaxer said Ivey = several hundred millPeople laughedVlaxer replies saying Ivey been playing 4k/8k for 20yrsSomeone said Ivey was 11yr old then, nice trymhoward said the 4k/8k hasnt even been going on 10yrs, nice tryvlaxer said it runs every year during the WSOPmhoward said he didnt mean the big game hasnt ran for 10yrs, but the actual 4k/8k limitgallo said whoa, when vlaxer said "20yrs" he ACTUALLY meant a long time. And gallo said Ivey been playing since before he was 21.vlaxer had his periodSo Gallo, the only person that says one thing but actually means something else is my wife, and I am expected to know that she meant something else. I cant do that for more than one person so vlaxer is going to have to say what he actually means, sorry. Also, I dont think Ivey was playing anything but low stakes games in AC when he had a fake ID.
http://www.poker-king.com/phil-ivey-profile.php
Ya that is a rundown of Ivey. It said he started playing when he was 16, he is what 32 now right? 32-16 does not equal 20. Are you proving the point for me?
lol again at taking 20yrs too literal. Oh but he has been playing poker since he was 8yrs old when his grandfather taught him.kthxbye.
lol again at taking 20yrs too literal. Oh but he has been playing poker since he was 8yrs old when his grandfather taught him.kthxbye.
pwntsauce.mhoward... im sorry i said 20 years... i should said 15. my ****ing bad.and i still stand by my comment that he's worth upwards of 100 million.
lol at taking experience with his Grandpa as contributing to the 100's of mill he is supposively worth. You have to realize Gallo that poker players are literal people. When someone says a specific number literal people are going to assume that they actually mean "20yrs". I know it may come as a shock to you but that is how it works. You guys have fun trying to figure out how much someone is worth is liquid, business and gambling assets when you yourselves have no clue how financing works.