June 8: $10,000 7 Card Stud Championship Day #2 6pm Est

Pokernews is so F'ing slow it's amazing! Their chip counts are from 45 minutes ago, and they rarely give hand updates.
Because of the setup it's not exactly easy to get counts/updates. Basically at this point there's one reporter per table, they have to wait around for a big hand, then run their notes over to the guys at the computer who put it up. It's not like they can give a hand-by-hand update on chip counts.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our update:

3:48 AM EST - "Crushed Mings trip aces with a straight, started 8 10 10 up to 232"
Their update: (at 3:56 am EST)
# 3 minutes ago | Posted by TassieDevilNegreanu Straight To Chip LeadersDavid Levi was the bring-in with David Oppenheim completing before Daniel Negreanu raised it up showing the {10-Spades}. Minh Ly then re-raised to 18,000 with the {6-Diamonds} and the action folded to Negreanu who quickly called.On 4th street Negreanu check-called with the {7-Diamonds} as Ly bet with the {4-Clubs}.Ly caught the {A-Diamonds} on 5th street and led out with Negreanu calling with the {6-Clubs}.On 6th street Ly hit the {K-Clubs} and led with a bet, but Negreanu grabbed a stack of orange chips and announced a raise to 24,000. Ly quickly called.On the river Ly checked and Negreanu put in another bet which Ly called."Straight" said Negreanu as he revealed a full board of ({10-Clubs}{8-Clubs}) {10-Spades}{7-Diamonds}{6-Clubs}{9-Diamonds} ({6-Spades}). Ly showed ({A-Clubs}{A-Spades}) {6-Diamonds}{4-Clubs}{A-Diamonds}{K-Clubs} ({2-Clubs}) for a set of aces as the huge pot was sent Negreanu's way.Ly is left with about 90,000 while Negreanu is now a real final table threat with about 230,000 chips.
Time delay: 8 minutes. :club:
Michael Fiorito Eliminated in 16th Place ($25,991)Michael Fiorito found himself all in on 5th street against Jacobo Fernandez and Thomas Weideman. At showdown the cards were tabled:Fiorito: (7 :D4 :5c J :icon_clap: ) 4 :club: 9 :ts 9 :D A :D Fernandez: (6 :icon_clap: 9 :icon_clap: A :3h ) J :icon_clap: 5 :icon_clap: 2 :icon_clap: Q :D Weideman: (Q :icon_clap: 10 :icon_clap: A :icon_clap: ) Q :D K :qh 3 :qh 3 :4h Fernandez misses his flush, Fiorito makes only a pair of nines as the pot is shipped to Weideman with his two pair.Weideman is up to 170,000, Fernandez falls to 130,000 while Fiorito is sent to the rail in 16th place for a collect of $25,991.
Inaccurate reporting FTW!

4:40 AM EST - "166k for me, Ivey on life support under 40k"Damn. He is on a roller coaster. I wish just once he goes on heater all the way to the top.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DANIEL!Good vibes all around. He knows how to finish stong. :club:

5:03 AM EST - "3 9s on 4th street lost to two smapp pair on river 74k left"5:05 AM EST - "Ivey same as me"5:08 AM EST - "Doubled through Ivey started KK5 him QQ8 he hit his 8 on 5. I made two pair on last card"5:11 AM EST - "Back to 150k Ivey has 10k" Thank god I'm drinking, this is one heck of a roller coaster ride.

5:25 AM EST - "Ivey triples with rolled up KKk I won a side pot"5:26 AM EST - "Back to 203"5:27 AM EST - "Ivey doubles again with a full on the river vs a full"5:28 AM EST - "He was all in for 4k now has over 60"Wow. Ivey keeps coming back from the dead.

5:11 AM EST - "Back to 150k Ivey has 10k"5:25 AM EST - "Ivey triples with rolled up KKk I won a side pot"5:26 AM EST - "Back to 203"5:27 AM EST - "Ivey doubles again with a full on the river vs a full"5:28 AM EST - "He was all in for 4k now has over 60"5:33 AM EST - "I doubled Ivey up again wow crazy"5:37 AM EST - "Mong doubles thru Ivey. Crazy action"5:47 AM EST - "KKA vs Ivey 10 10 6 he doubled through me catching a 10 I hit two pair. Joke has over 200k"5:47 AM EST - "I got 76k"5:52 AM EST - "Ivey just made a royal, seriously..." This is actually mental.

Come on! I've got DN, Ivey and Seidel in my pool!
Me to. Fact is they'll be 3 very popular picks so won't pull anyone away from the pack.
Damn....GG Daniel.I hate to say it, but it looks like Ivey is gonna win this and that will be 200k out of Daniel's pocket.
Ivey Short AgainPhil Ivey has just lost a big pot to Minh Ly after Ly showed down (Queens Up) and Ivey mucked his (open 6's).Ivey is down to 50,000 with Minh Ly completing a day of comebacks after being down to 20,000 only a short time ago to now sit with over 300,000.Maybe not?
Ivey out...so at least there's that.
Whew! Daniel can breath easy now. I wish they both would have made the final table though! Would have been good tv.

i think ivey got damnest lucky in the last hands.. so its ok ..very well done Daniel ;)but there are still plenty of tournaments to win.. so get one :club: