Sick Hand Last Night...

So I have a .5-.10 live game every Tuesday Night which has a pretty much standard .20 straddle every hand.So here we go. Villain 1 has 3 bucks left in UTG+1Villain 2 has about 30 dollars in Cut Off. Hero has around 17ish. Hero is in the straddle with 10 10. UTG+1 immediately shoves and the read here is he has been getting pretty beat up all night and he is in that desperation shove mode. hand range is Any Ax and any and I do mean any pair. KQ-KJ is possible here to. Co flat calls the 3 dollars. He is very reasonable but tends to be on the looser side in this games considering how low the stakes are. Hero decides to flat call for some random reason instead of isolating. Before the flop comes CO makes a remark about how he was just calling to donate 3 dollars because he thought everyone else was surely folding for the 15xbb raise pf. so naturally when the flop comes a harmless 6 2 6 Hero shoves and gets insta - called by CO. Hero remarks, "really?" and CO hangs his head sheepishly as if he knew he just struck gold and says, "ya....sorry". Hero shows his tens and CO shows his 6 10 of diamonds. Not only did he flop trips but he also has the third ten in play. But wait....UTG+1 guy says, "you guys are gonna love this...." and flips up 22 for the flopped full house. Everyone goes "whoa!" as the dealer is dealing out the meaningless Q on the turn. Hero is making his way over to get more chips when the dealer, who has already secretly looked at the river, says, "you guys aren't gonna believe this.."case 10....Table goes nuts and Hero (i guess he was the hero) rakes in a 37 dollar pot. After everyone has cooled down the UTG +1 guys says, "so let me get this straight....I flopped a full house......and had the 3rd best hand by the river?"Very Funny Night.

no offense OP, but how can you play for .5/.10 in a live game. All that change would drive me nuts. Honestly, stakes like that live just wouldn't do it for me.

no offense OP, but how can you play for .5/.10 in a live game. All that change would drive me nuts. Honestly, stakes like that live just wouldn't do it for me.
they use penny chips so the change isnt an issue
When I started out playing poker at ASU, we used to play .10/.20 games to start. Its good because then people who have no clue how to play can join in, and its more for fun than for money.
they use penny chips so the change isnt an issue
i guessed i didn't need to put a sw about the change thing, i guess i don't normally come off as funny so.....
i guessed i didn't need to put a sw about the change thing, i guess i don't normally come off as funny so.....
That's OK. It's just we thought you were serious since we figured you were used to playing with lots of crumpled singles.(i keed i keed)

We run a change pot at the end of the night. If you cash out for 14.85 .85 goes into the change pot. It usually evens out to 2 - 3 dollars and we deal everyone (that put money in) face up. Best hand wins the extra moola. I have tried for months to kick it up to a .10-.20 or a .25-.25 game but a lot of the guys that play in it are too scared to play that high....(i know...).

That's OK. It's just we thought you were serious since we figured you were used to playing with lots of crumpled singles.(i keed i keed)
its true///she is a striper...and shes DAMN GOOD TOO!!!
I'm Canadian, we haven't had singles since well, i was in highschool...so technically it would still be change for playing even for dollars
When I started out playing poker at ASU, we used to play .10/.20 games to start. Its good because then people who have no clue how to play can join in, and its more for fun than for money.
What bands did u check out at ribfest?Did you know Soul Asylum played my prom in 1997 after the flood!!The first song they played was "Schools out for the Summer"
I'm Canadian, we haven't had singles since well, i was in highschool...so technically it would still be change for playing even for dollars
I can barely remember what a dollar bill looks like anymore.. sigh. I wish I had bills again, then my wallet wouldn't be so broken every 5 months.. stupid amounts of large coins!
What bands did u check out at ribfest?Did you know Soul Asylum played my prom in 1997 after the flood!!The first song they played was "Schools out for the Summer"
Last night was Sawyer Brown. I don't mind country, but I miss the Ribfest days when they had Styx and Kansas and Eddie Money.I will def be there Saturday for Soul Asylum.