How Long Has Stars Been Down?

Maybe its a sign that you should spend more time with your two kids, or maybe that you shouldn't leave work early to sneak around and play poker on the internet....imo
Probably right about this but my schedule eases in the summer which enables me to take a bit of time for myself. Some guys play golf, I prefer to play online poker.
Maybe its a sign that you should spend more time with your two kids, or maybe that you shouldn't leave work early to sneak around and play poker on the internet....imo
Yah he kinda dug himself a hole in this thread that I dont think he can get out of lol...
Geez, I thought for sure there would be support here for skipping work to play poker...
There is. There's just more 20 year olds who know everything, obv including how you spend your free time in the middle of the afternoon. Don't worry, your kids will be on the internet telling people the same thing in 15 years.

Downloading a poker client then typing in your name and password on a public computer seems like a security risk to me.

Downloading a poker client then typing in your name and password on a public computer seems like a security risk to me.
LOL, I'm not that crazy. I was on my personal laptop using the library's wireless internet service.
LOL, I'm not that crazy. I was on my personal laptop using the library's wireless internet service.
Still a risk.BUT... what is probably happening is that their firewall is treating the PS client as a security threat. If an unknown application is trying to access the web, I'm sure it shuts it down. Recommendation... go to Starbucks.

Stupid Starbucks charges to use their wireless service. I'm not paying $25 to use the internet when I'm playing micro stakes SnGs and cash games.I can understand how they might block Stars to begin with but what I don't understand is how I was able to access it just fine the first time I tried a few weeks ago. And why it was screwing with my webmail too.

Stupid Starbucks charges to use their wireless service. I'm not paying $25 to use the internet when I'm playing micro stakes SnGs and cash games.I can understand how they might block Stars to begin with but what I don't understand is how I was able to access it just fine the first time I tried a few weeks ago. And why it was screwing with my webmail too.
They changed the settings on their firewall or got a new one. It's pretty simple. And it's not that they necessarily are blocking stars, a lot of applications need to be allowed rather then blocking everything they don't want to get through.Ok, don't go to Starbucks. Do a google search for your town and free internet access at coffee shops. A lot of places these days do free internet. Get creative.

Ironically, I was having trouble yesterday too, while all my other internet web sites were sailing along with no trouble. Some of the servers in the network status were labeled "Bad" while others came through... and then it just kept varying back and forth. I eventually bailed when I couldn't game listings to come up in a timely manner.

Ironically, I was having trouble yesterday too, while all my other internet web sites were sailing along with no trouble. Some of the servers in the network status were labeled "Bad" while others came through... and then it just kept varying back and forth. I eventually bailed when I couldn't game listings to come up in a timely manner.
Were you in a public library in Toronto?

Maybe It wasn't the library after all!Still doesn't explain why I had trouble with my emails but at least I wasn't the only one having some difficulty accessing Stars.