Lakers looked soft to me, but that has been my worry all playoffs.
I think Perkins is going to be a huge factor in this series. The guy has been a rebounding machine all playoffs long and he is a lot more physical than any of the Lakers big men. They could really use Bynum against him... then this series wouldn't even be close.
  • Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Perkins is going to be a huge factor in this series. The guy has been a rebounding machine all playoffs long and he is a lot more physical than any of the Lakers big men. They could really use Bynum against him... then this series wouldn't even be close.
Agreed. All game long the Celtics were getting rebounds when the Lakers had position, or the Lakers had position and the Celtics knocked them out of the way. If the refs are letting that go, then the Lakers players have to adjust and fight back. I think that's why Jackson left Turiaf in there for a good portion of the 4th quarter, because you at least know he will bring energy on the boards. Not sure why he had the ball at the end of possessions a few times though and had to take Kobe like jumpers.
Agreed. All game long the Celtics were getting rebounds when the Lakers had position, or the Lakers had position and the Celtics knocked them out of the way. If the refs are letting that go, then the Lakers players have to adjust and fight back. I think that's why Jackson left Turiaf in there for a good portion of the 4th quarter, because you at least know he will bring energy on the boards. Not sure why he had the ball at the end of possessions a few times though and had to take Kobe like jumpers.
it was because the Celtics did an excellent job of disrupting the Laker offense in the 4th quarter.I worry that we will see a lot of 18-14 fourth quarters in this series. The Celts seem to know how to buckle down defensively and make Kobe give up the ball. The Celts also seem to have Pierce and 4 guys who dont want the ball.....so its going to up to the truth to carry the whole end of game load.
I hope this is tongue and cheek.
Obv since my team is in the finals against the green men, I'm allowed to spit out some unreasonable homerisms, even if it is in poor taste. Anything to help your team get a supposed edge. But I wasn't joking about the Zen > Ubuntu though. You know what, the rebounding wasn't even that big of an issue. The big issue was how the ball stopped moving in the 2nd half. D-Fish held it, Kobe held it as usual, and some stupid turnovers (Farmar and the pass to nobody). And the officiating, after the game 1 hangover, was alright. You expect those calls to go Boston's way because of home court. You don't expect Kobe to keep shooting jumpers and pulling a Vince Carter on us. The Lakes have 2 days to make adjustments. They better get those shots in too. Lots of in and outs. Because if they lose Game 2, I say Boston wins the whole thing.
Because if they lose Game 2, I say Boston wins the whole thing.
I dont really agree with that. I think going to LA up 2-0 gives Boston a good comfort level, but I don't think it means they are a lock to win anymore than going there 1-1 makes LA a lock to win. Ask Dallas what a 2-0 lead in the finals means. I think this is going to be a very tight/competitive series.
Ask Dallas what a 2-0 lead in the finals means.
Of course you can come up with examples of a team coming back from 0-2.. however, being up 2-0 gives you a huge statistical advantage, and I Would say if the Celtics win the next game the have about an 85-90 percent chance of winning the whole thing. Could LA suck out and come back to win? Of course they could, but it's a big deal to be down in that kind of hole, and I really think you're blowing off what a disadvantage it would be.
Of course you can come up with examples of a team coming back from 0-2.. however, being up 2-0 gives you a huge statistical advantage, and I Would say if the Celtics win the next game the have about an 85-90 percent chance of winning the whole thing. Could LA suck out and come back to win? Of course they could, but it's a big deal to be down in that kind of hole, and I really think you're blowing off what a disadvantage it would be.
I just think the teams are matched up evenly, and with Kobe on the court no series lead is really safe.
Mike Freeman of cbs.sportsline is at it again:http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/8725086really, this is embarrassing for journalism....
LOL at that guy.I don't think Pierce was faking the fact that he felt pain in his knee, it's just any time an athlete feels something wrong with their knee they freak out (understandably).

Also, that guy left out the best Phil Jackson quote:"You know, you don't know what happens," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said of Pierce. "Guys can break a shoelace and go out, the pants break down, a drawstring falls apart."

What channels? I was watching 9 the whole time.
The Topeka channel is 12, if you get it.Edit: All the "Pierce faking injury" talk is absurd. The guy said he heard a pop in his knee, and from what I've heard today it was "just" a miniscus. Alot of guys will get fairly serious injuries, but due to adrenaline/desire/etc., they can continue THAT NIGHT like there's not a whole lot wrong with them. It'll be intersting to see if he's dragging that leg around Sun. night or not, but being sore about losing and calling him a faker (especially at that point of the game where him missing any time could be crucial) is laughable.
anyone else think Pierce not wanting to get an MRI until summer is completely insanean MRI takes like a half an hour at most
He obv. is worried about what they might find out and make him shut it down for the season. The guy's been one of the best players in the league for 10 years, played on a number of bad teams, ,and finally made it to the Finals....of course he doesn't want a knee injury to keep him from that, no matter how silly that may seem.
I dont really agree with that. I think going to LA up 2-0 gives Boston a good comfort level, but I don't think it means they are a lock to win anymore than going there 1-1 makes LA a lock to win. Ask Dallas what a 2-0 lead in the finals means. I think this is going to be a very tight/competitive series.
The thing is, if LA goes down 0-2, like Big said, they are about 90% destined to lose. Not only that, but I don't think they're going to let Kobe take over and kill Boston by himself. They have been letting Kobe get roughed up on a consistent basis and only calling the blatant fouls. Anyone see Posey foul Kobe a second time even harder and not get called? But yeah, it will be a competitive series. Not too sure about tight.
It'll be intersting to see if he's dragging that leg around Sun. night or not, but being sore about losing and calling him a faker (especially at that point of the game where him missing any time could be crucial) is laughable.
Funny. What am I supposed to call him? He came back with no noticeable limp. Actually had a hop to his step. Didn't even grimace when he was running. If he ends up dragging that leg around Sunday, I'll eat crow. I'll owe up to what I said. But if he continues to play without a limp or any hint of pain, then "faker" is the right description. And I'm really hoping I get to eat crow on Sunday. Of course I'm going to be sore about losing. We Laker fans know that any season that doesn't end in a championship is a failure. We don't take pride in division titles. That Phil Jackson always cracks me up.
LOL at that guy.I don't think Pierce was faking the fact that he felt pain in his knee, it's just any time an athlete feels something wrong with their knee they freak out (understandably).
Pat, I tore my ACL and MCL and PCL in my right knee during my senior season in high school. It cost me my chance at ever getting a scholarship to a big college, so when it happens, it sucks big time. Trust me. sighhhh
On another note, the " No means No" chant make me laugh..
HAHA that's what it was?
The thing is, if LA goes down 0-2, like Big said, they are about 90% destined to lose. Not only that, but I don't think they're going to let Kobe take over and kill Boston by himself. They have been letting Kobe get roughed up on a consistent basis and only calling the blatant fouls. Anyone see Posey foul Kobe a second time even harder and not get called? But yeah, it will be a competitive series. Not too sure about tight. Funny. What am I supposed to call him? He came back with no noticeable limp. Actually had a hop to his step. Didn't even grimace when he was running. If he ends up dragging that leg around Sunday, I'll eat crow. I'll owe up to what I said. But if he continues to play without a limp or any hint of pain, then "faker" is the right description. And I'm really hoping I get to eat crow on Sunday. Of course I'm going to be sore about losing. We Laker fans know that any season that doesn't end in a championship is a failure. We don't take pride in division titles. That Phil Jackson always cracks me up.
:club: I present to you exhibit A of why I despise most Lakers/Yankees fans.
I thought exhibit A was our championships.
LOL. I know that's what you like to believe, but that's not it. It's the arrogance that most fans of those 2 teams have, that I find annoying, a la your "We're only happy with a championship and nothing else" comment. It just makes me laugh, really. Carry on......
LOL. I know that's what you like to believe, but that's not it. It's the arrogance that most fans of those 2 teams have, that I find annoying, a la your "We're only happy with a championship and nothing else" comment. It just makes me laugh, really. Carry on......
So we should be happy with the season if they lose to the Celtics in the Finals? That makes me laugh.
I thought exhibit A was our championships.
Exibit A would be the Celtics 16 championships. The Lakers are the B team. I hope the Celtics win just so the arrogant Lakers fans get put in their place. You forget the Celtics crushed the Lakers in both regular season games, 110-91 in L.A. and 107-94 in Boston. And that was when the Lakers had Bynum, so dont cry that it would be different. You Lakers fans have no right to assume they're the better team. The Celtics are 3-0 against the Lakers this season and have not won by fewer than 10 points, and now the Lakers have to win 4 out of the next 6...I like the Celtics chances. About Paul, he was scared, he freaked out and overreatected, thats all. No reason to hate him, unless you just want to hate who beats you.
Exibit A would be the Celtics 16 championships. The Lakers are the B team. I hope the Celtics win just so the arrogant Lakers fans get put in their place. You forget the Celtics crushed the Lakers in both regular season games, 110-91 in L.A. and 107-94 in Boston. And that was when the Lakers had Bynum, so dont cry that it would be different. You Lakers fans have no right to assume they're the better team. The Celtics are 3-0 against the Lakers this season and have not won by fewer than 10 points, and now the Lakers have to win 4 out of the next 6...I like the Celtics chances. About Paul, he was scared, he freaked out and overreatected, thats all. No reason to hate him, unless you just want to hate who beats you.
your points really arent that far off, maybe even credible, IF MADE BY SOMEONE ELSE.ROR at you calling any fan "arrogant".
So we should be happy with the season if they lose to the Celtics in the Finals? That makes me laugh.
You're right, the Lakers are the B team. We got pushed to the limits by a 8-seed and a one man show. We take regular season games and hold them in higher regard than the playoffs. The bulk of our championships came when the league was only 9 teams. We complain about other teams pulling heists when our grand daddy was the master of the art. Our fans have supported us all along even though they were missing the past couple of years. Did I miss anything?
ROR at you calling any fan "arrogant".
Yeah I have no credibility because before the season started I predicted the Patriots would go 19-0, and they only went 18-0 before losing the Superbowl. I must not know what the fuck I'm talking about.I'm just kidding. lol You are absolutely right. I was way too arrogant during the football season. I should have just enjoyed the ride instead of trying to pound the fact that the Patriots were a really good team into everybody's head. I'm not even predicting the Celtics will win, I just think they have a fair shot and should be given a fair amount of respect.
You're right, the Lakers are the B team. We got pushed to the limits by a 8-seed and a one man show. We take regular season games and hold them in higher regard than the playoffs. The bulk of our championships came when the league was only 9 teams. We complain about other teams pulling heists when our grand daddy was the master of the art. Our fans have supported us all along even though they were missing the past couple of years. Did I miss anything?
The past really doesn't mean anything when you're comparing the current incarnations of each team, but I must say that if Reggie Lewis and Len Bias hadn't died, and the Celtics hadn't been robbed of the first pick the year Tim Duncan came out, things might have been a bit different in the recent past.The Lakers are a great team and deserve to be where they are, but if you guys dont want to give the Celtics any respect then it will be all that much sweeter if/when Boston wins. Oh, and when there is a shitty product on the court/field/ice I do not expect the fans of that team to blindly keep forking over their money and not give the front office an incentive to improve.