Villain is 26/8/.7 - Trying to thin the field preflop but I get a bunch of callers. On the flop, does anyone like a raise here after villain donk bets into three other players? On the turn, if the 6 was not a heart, does it change your play?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP3 ($181.70)CO ($200)Button ($394.25)SB ($400)BB ($770.95)UTG ($440.70)UTG+1 ($403)Hero ($410.35)MP2 ($189)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with ac.gif, as.gif. UTG calls $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $14, 4 folds, SB calls $13, BB calls $12, UTG calls $12.Flop: ($56) 4h.gif, 2s.gif, 8h.gif(4 players)SB bets $40, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $40.Turn: ($136) 6h.gif(2 players)SB bets $85, Hero?

Any reads on villain? With those stats it kinda seems like he'd be the type to c/c the flop with a flush draw but... idk.. Those stats could also mean he likes the slow play and if he really did hit the flush on the turn you might expect a check trying to trap.I could see a case for folding, calling or raising.Folding on the turn gets you out cheap when you could easily be drawing dead or to 2 outs. Never folding on that flop with that action.Calling lets you see the river somewhat cheap and villain might slow down on the river since a flat call in that spot looks a lot like it could be a flush.Aces could very well be the best hand as well and putting in a raise on the flop or turn would really define where you are in the hand.I don't know if this is right or not, but I think I would have raised on the flop. As played, I call the turn and see what villain does on the river.

If your not this deep, I just raise the flop because there are really no turn cards that you really like. However in this case I probably think you can just let it go, unless you know the villisn is a spewtard, which .7 AF would not lead me to believe.

If your not this deep, I just raise the flop because there are really no turn cards that you really like. However in this case I probably think you can just let it go, unless you know the villisn is a spewtard, which .7 AF would not lead me to believe.
i agree that being deep makes this a tad complicated but i still without a doubt raise the flop and go from there.
i agree that being deep makes this a tad complicated but i still without a doubt raise the flop and go from there.
I agree.
I folded and this was basically my thinking process as well (200bb stacks and a .7 AF on villain)
I folded and this was basically my thinking process as well (200bb stacks and a .7 AF on villain)
I folded Aces twice this weekend while playing a 300bb live game. Once I was right, once I was wrong. It's just really hard to put all of your money in with just aces for 300bbs, but you have to raise this flop. If he reraises the flop after you raise, I can see folding as a better option.

How can you discount A8, maybe with the Ah from his range given he's in the SB with some likely action after? Also would say 99-JJ are definitely in range. I don't see why people think this is such an easy lay down. I'd be more worried about 66 after the turn than a flush, honestly.

How can you discount A8, maybe with the Ah from his range given he's in the SB with some likely action after? Also would say 99-JJ are definitely in range. I don't see why people think this is such an easy lay down. I'd be more worried about 66 after the turn than a flush, honestly.
The other factor was that three other players all saw the flop so it's more likely that the flop hit one of them hard. Calling with A8 in the SB would be terrible especially since he was the first player to call with two players to act behind him. 99-JJ are in villain's range along with all the PP's that flopped a set.To me, a PP that just hit their set was in my mind along with the FD, once the FD hit on the turn, I figured that I was behind more hands than I was ahead. A pot raise on the flop would be $136, so are we basically saying raise/fold on the flop to a shove?
The other factor was that three other players all saw the flop so it's more likely that the flop hit one of them hard. Calling with A8 in the SB would be terrible especially since he was the first player to call with two players to act behind him. 99-JJ are in villain's range along with all the PP's that flopped a set.To me, a PP that just hit their set was in my mind along with the FD, once the FD hit on the turn, I figured that I was behind more hands than I was ahead. A pot raise on the flop would be $136, so are we basically saying raise/fold on the flop to a shove?
Using PokerStove to say any pair, and any AT+, you've got 83% equity on the flop, and 70% on the turn, so I don't see how it's a fold even now. If he made a set or a flush, then so be it, I guess. I'm not convinced 22 and 44 are in his range, so we might be better than this even.I think I like a raise to about $100 on the flop. It gets us off a little cheaper than a pot raise if he plays back at us.
Using PokerStove to say any pair, and any AT+, you've got 83% equity on the flop, and 70% on the turn, so I don't see how it's a fold even now. If he made a set or a flush, then so be it, I guess. I'm not convinced 22 and 44 are in his range, so we might be better than this even.I think I like a raise to about $100 on the flop. It gets us off a little cheaper than a pot raise if he plays back at us.
I would tighten up those ranges - AK-A10 are not donking into three other players on that flop unless he has the FD. I don't think a PP lower than a 9 bets either without the set. I would absolutely have 22 and 44 in his range as those hands play exactly like villain did pre/flop/turn. If we go to $100 on the flop, villain has to call $60 into a $196 pot. Since we have position on him, that might work.

How many hands is your sample of the villain over? Also, what other hands of importances do you have on him?26/8 leads me to believe he's a moron, especially considering it's full ring, but his 0.7 aggression factor throws me off when he's getting so aggressive on the flop and turn. The above would help determine if you made a good or bad fold.

How many hands is your sample of the villain over? Also, what other hands of importances do you have on him?26/8 leads me to believe he's a moron, especially considering it's full ring, but his 0.7 aggression factor throws me off when he's getting so aggressive on the flop and turn. The above would help determine if you made a good or bad fold.
450+ Hands - I was surprised it was this high as I don't recall any hands that involved this player.

Raise the flop to somewhere in the 100 - 120 range and fold to a shove. As played you have to fold to his turn bet. I don't like it when passive players bet into me. Against a pretty tight range you're still way ahead on the flop:Board: 4h 2s 8hDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 66.877% 66.84% 00.03% 27132 13.50 { AcAs }Hand 1: 33.123% 33.09% 00.03% 13431 13.50 { QQ-88, 44, 22, AhQh, AhJh, AhTh, KhQh, KhJh, KhTh, QhJh, JhTh }Not so much on the turn:Board: 4h 2s 8h 6hDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 50.776% 50.78% 00.00% 916 0.00 { AcAs }Hand 1: 49.224% 49.22% 00.00% 888 0.00 { QQ-88, 44, 22, AhQh, AhJh, AhTh, KhQh, KhJh, KhTh, QhJh, JhTh }And I'm no so sure he'd fire again with 99, TT, JJ on the turn which would make it even worse.

Villain is 26/8/.7 - Trying to thin the field preflop but I get a bunch of callers. On the flop, does anyone like a raise here after villain donk bets into three other players? On the turn, if the 6 was not a heart, does it change your play?
I probably fling a ton of chips at the pot on the flop. Over bet it and I guess fold to a shove since we're "deep" if I read the villain's stats correctly.
450+ Hands - I was surprised it was this high as I don't recall any hands that involved this player.
I can't imagine how you had him beat when over 500ish hands he has a .7 aggressive factor and makes two bets into you. It's possible, but I highly doubt it.