Hi this is my first post on this forum.I love playing basketball, and would like to get into watching the NBA.I live in the UK so NBA footage isn't very consistent and i am confused by the whole league when watching these shows.Could anyone give me the low down on the league i would like to know if its anything like the UK soccer league.ThanksTom

Hi this is my first post on this forum.I love playing basketball, and would like to get into watching the NBA.I live in the UK so NBA footage isn't very consistent and i am confused by the whole league when watching these shows.Could anyone give me the low down on the league i would like to know if its anything like the UK soccer league.ThanksTom
we do not have a relegation system here.....probably the biggest difference between the Premier League and American sports leagues. Personally, I think some sports could really benefit from a two tier-relegation system. (Baseball comes to mind).enjoy jadaki's link it should answer most of your basic queries.
I often wonder how well relegation would work in the NBA or NFL.
i dont think it would work for any of our sports except maybe baseball because baseball has a payroll disparity problem much like the Premier League does.
i dont think it would work for any of our sports except maybe baseball because baseball has a payroll disparity problem much like the Premier League does.
I don't know, I'd like to see the Knicks dropped down to the D league.

Cool thanks for all the info. i tried googling but i must of not been using the right search terms. Hopefully this will clear things up :)just to clarify. Each conference has divisions and the winner of the divisions go into the play offs (including the next best stat team). Then the play offs have a tournament structure and then do teams then play each other 7 times each? Or is it only the final four teams that do this?I'm pretty tired reading this so I'm guessing I've probably missed something.

Cool thanks for all the info. i tried googling but i must of not been using the right search terms. Hopefully this will clear things up :)just to clarify. Each conference has divisions and the winner of the divisions go into the play offs (including the next best stat team). Then the play offs have a tournament structure and then do teams then play each other 7 times each? Or is it only the final four teams that do this?I'm pretty tired reading this so I'm guessing I've probably missed something.
In each conference the 3 division winners and 5 teams with the best records go to the conference playoffs, a total of 16 teams go to the playoffs every year and they are seeded in conference based on record with a slight adjustment for division winners, the rest are entered into the draft lottery.Every round of the playoffs is a 7 game series.