Is Full Tilt The Best Site?

Ease of use
Umm, FTP is good here. I'm a definitely fan of Paradis Poker though. Their software is just great. Add that to the superb customer service, I don't think it can be beat.
Presentation/Layout
FTP
Improvement of game
Umm, this is kind of counter intuitive. To imporve your game you have to be playing in the toughest games, which is not what you want to be doing while youre playing poker. Because you'll be making a smaller amount of money than you would in a softer game at the same stakes. If you want to become better, wouldn't you rather be playing in a 5/10 game that is just as hard as a 3/6 game on a different site? Improve your play by finding higher limits instead of tough sites. FTP is very tough. Thus, i think this makes the site poorer as opposed to better. Also, not all the pros on FTP play their best poker. Phil Ivery basically logs on and donates 5000 dollars in a good three minute period. Paul Wolfe on the other hand, plays awesome at 5/10 NL. Make sure you know what your watching.
Skill levels of players (good or bad)
Exact as above.
Profitability
Soft games, gotta be Party. Great boni, super soft competition. 4x tatbles at a time and tons of games.
Range and structure of tournaments/SNGs/satellites/free rolls
Eh, PokerStars tourneys are great.
Bonus incentives
FTP has a god awful bonus. You can play every Party Skin and make 800 dollars in half the time you make 600 at FTP. Without a doubt.The best bonus incentives now is Absolute Poker. three 20 percent reloads a week up to 600 dollars. Can't beat that, and its not entirely difficult to clear. 50% initial using neteller up to 500. Great Great Boni!As for the best site? I don't know to be honest. I feel comfortable on Paradise, make money on Party, enjoy Stars, collect at AP, entertained at FTP. Solution? Bonus Whxre! Just go from site to site collecting boni. If you're going to play poker why not get paid for doing something you'd be willing to do for free?
its not obvious? i put about 80$ into the rake for every 1k hands played at 3-6 (LHE). im playing ~30k hands per month, which gives me almost 600$ back every month. show me a site offering 600$ worth of reload bonuses every month.
sorry, wasn't that obvious to me. I don't play limits that high and actually, most of my play is on sit n' go's. but yes, I see how for someone like you, 26% rakeback is much better than a bonus. do you get the rakeback the rest of your life? did you need a code?
well, the way it works is that the sites cant advertise via 'mainstream media' (although they are starting to find ways to get around that like the .net commercials) so they need an avenue to promote their sites. they use affiliates, which are like contracted employees. the affiliates generate signups by various methods, mostly spamming newsgroups, and the site pays them a portion of that players rake for the lifetime of the account. The affiliates then give a percentage of that rake to the signup as an incentive to use that particular affiliate. Its important to find an affiliate you trust, and preferably one you know personally as in my case. this makes dispute resolution much easier. The calculations vary from site to site, but most count 'your' rake as rake/# of players who put money into the pot when you have put money into the pot. Yes, you need to enter your affiliates code when you start the account so that their tracker picks up your rake.

I like Full Tilt a lot. Personally I like the cartoonish graphics. However, with the limits that I play it is almost impossible to get the bonuses. I got $20 out of a possible $90 last time and it looks about the same for this deposit. The play at low limits (.10/.25 and .25/.5) is pretty loose and can be beat easily. This doesn't net all that much profit though. Play gets tougher even at the 1/2 level and on up. For beginners I think the low limit games on FTP are excellent. I am moving to Party as I move up in limits though. Right now I need to make a bankroll before I try to get involved in tougher games. Party sounds like the place to do it.

The bonus is pretty easy if you play NL.I've cleared nearly 80% of mine (170 deposit-all I had for poker at the time :club:) since the first of March. Bonus expires the first of July, so I'll clear it in plenty of time. Consequently, it's almost impossible to clear at fixed limits unless you're playing ABOVE 3/6You clear 6 cents for a 20 dollar pot, with a maximum of 18 cents for a 60 dollar pot.

ok, I know I'm off the minority but I honestly love fulltilt. I don't find the bonus that hard to acheive but I do play anywhere from 1/2 to 5/10 so thats probably why. I like the cartoonish look, sorry but I do. There could be more MTT's but I'll make do and I love the horse tourney on Wed. nites. Above all, and I don't know why, I've done alot better there than anywhere else. Don't seem to have as many players suck out on me, maybe it's the site, maybe my play has improved, I honestly don't know but I play practically everyday and I'm turning a nice profit which I found difficult at PP and I had all kinds of problems with Absolute and you can only talk to them via email. I found both bodog and pacific to look cheap and bodog handed me more bad beats in a week than I'd had my whole life.

I tried Full Tilt, liked the avatars (i was the Indiana Jones guy) but I went back to Ultimate Bet. They frequently have redeposit bonuses, and recently there was a 30% bonus if you deposit with Firepay up to $150. So right now I have about $200 in bonuses. I'll probably stick it out over there because it is pretty profitable for me. It surprises me that so many people are in love with FTP, because a few months ago it seemed like everyone thought it sucked. Have they made any improvements? I remember the bonus was hard to clear.SM

I dont see where everyone gets that Full Tilt is not profitable. If you play with any discipline at all, it is easy to win. Theyre are plenty of fish on full tilt. Full Tilt in my opinion is the best site out. Party just has too many suckouts for me. I know if you were just playing one bad player, you could come out a winner. But it is difficult when you are playing a whole table full. just my .02.... :roll:

I dont see where everyone gets that Full Tilt is not profitable.  If you play with any discipline at all, it is easy to win.  Theyre are plenty of fish on full tilt.  Full Tilt in my opinion is the best site out.  Party just has too many suckouts for me.  I know if you were just playing one bad player, you could come out a winner.  But it is difficult when you are playing a whole table full.  just my .02.... :roll:
you're wrong. full tilt players are tighter than average. Playing a table of fish is easier than a table of competent players.

If you want to clear your bonus quickly on fulltilt play some heads up sit-n-gos. I have cleared over $100.00 in just over ten days and haven't played all that much. (Much less than 30 hours)

If you want to clear your bonus quickly on fulltilt play some heads up sit-n-gos. I have cleared over $100.00 in just over ten days and haven't played all that much. (Much less than 30 hours)
im on a roll, guys. yesterday i placed #6 in RGP's 'top ten worst posters' list, and today im in this guys sig line!
how on earth can heads up sngs be the quickest way to clear the bonus? you pay less VIG than in normal SNGS, they take just as long as normal sngs at times, yet it's one of hte quickest ways?

I agree...I think as far as online, the 2 sites that actually have helped my game are Full Tilt and PokerStars. I actually like the layout, its cool i think, i agree with most that the avatars are childish, and they could use new ones, but overall i like the layout, games (razz is fun) and tournaments (the final table is cool). Pokerstars I am partial to cuz its the site I started at. The offer many tournaments (including freerolls & freeplays) and there always seems to be a large amount of people on (full tilt too). I wish pokerstars had more games, but its ok. I hate Party Poker, for my own reasons, it just is a pile of sh!t....the lag, the fish, everything....and UB, UB is decent, alot of fish there too, but the 1 thing I DO like about UB is that they offer Triple Draw. Absolute Poker i'm not a big fan of the layout, the chrome cards are kinda dumb. Peace:spade:

Do you guys know you can turn the avators off?And so far, every month Full Tilt has had a 100% or 50% reload bonus up to $300, so that's great.They also have some cool stuff you can get with your FPP points. I plan on getting some stuff now that I have over 20,000.

Do you guys know you can turn the avators off?And so far, every month Full Tilt has had a 100% or 50% reload bonus up to $300, so that's great.They also have some cool stuff you can get with your FPP points. I plan on getting some stuff now that I have over 20,000.
i ordered the sunglasses 4 months or so ago, still haven't gotten them. they said they were out of stock and on backorder, and sent me a hat to compensate until i get my glasses. Love the hat, still haven't gotten the damned glasses. I'm thinking about getting the bowling shirt now :club:
i ordered the sunglasses 4 months or so ago, still haven't gotten them. they said they were out of stock and on backorder, and sent me a hat to compensate until i get my glasses. Love the hat, still haven't gotten the damned glasses. I'm thinking about getting the bowling shirt now :club:
20,000pts.? I was thrilled to have 4000. congrats

I cant stand party poker. Horrible interface and I cannot win a hand there to save my life. It's the only place Ive ever played where I can flop a full boat and not feel safe. It always "How are they going to suck out on me this hand".. "Oh, you hit your 2 outer on the river again, congrats" over, and over, and over, and over, and ov-... you get the picture

how on earth can heads up sngs be the quickest way to clear the bonus? you pay less VIG than in normal SNGS, they take just as long as normal sngs at times, yet it's one of hte quickest ways?
I can see how heads up sit n'go's can clear bonus's really fast. you have to remember that $1 of rake in a ring game is worth .06, while $1 of rake in a tournament/sit n'go is worth .42. And heads up sit n'gos from my experience take around 10 minutes, at most 25 min. a regular sit n go takes over an hour. By the way, I would love to order some full tilt gear, but don't have the points... anyone want to order gear and then sell it??
  • 5 years later...