Cant Stop Laughing About Daniel...

Well, I've tried multiple times in this thread and via PM to get a bet done. I don't know if 3k isn't enough or if no bet is going to happen, but I've had no luck.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, "Duke". Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think 'Invisible Touch' was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to 'Land of Confusion'. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. 'In Too Deep' is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like 'In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds'. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.
What'd you think about Earth, Wind and Fire?
What'd you think about Earth, Wind and Fire?
Garbage.But did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply "Whitney Houston" had 4 number one singles on it? Did you know that, GWC?It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since, GWC, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.
I will bet infinite monies and give 10-1 that any poker VT instructor makes to the final 30 of a WSOP event.
Right, but would you give me the wild 6, 7 and 8 in a race to 6 for 2K?
Well, I've tried multiple times in this thread and via PM to get a bet done. I don't know if 3k isn't enough or if no bet is going to happen, but I've had no luck.
According to OP, Hoos is currently working on the escrow and we have to wait to hear.
Garbage.But did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply "Whitney Houston" had 4 number one singles on it? Did you know that, GWC?It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since, GWC, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.
This album pales in comparison to her reality show. The message in that show is quite simple, really. Don't marry Bobby Brown. He will turn you out. Keep going, this is some of your finest work. Do you think Peter Cetera was Chicago or was Chicago Peter Cetera? His finest work right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmSJDOVGIL8and, a beautiful live version:
I will bet infinite monies and give 10-1 that any poker VT instructor makes to the final 30 of a WSOP event.
okay. i would like to book 10 dollars that Prof. Charley Swayne does not make it to the final 30 of a WSOP event. the events in question must have at least 31 people registered.

Bjorn and I are working out the terms of the bet. Hopefully we can set everything up by tomorrow and I will let everyone know the details and how much action there is available.

Bjorn and I are working out the terms of the bet. Hopefully we can set everything up by tomorrow and I will let everyone know the details and how much action there is available.
I read this thread a couple days ago and never respond because I thouhgt it was a joke. However, if this is really going down, and escrowed. I'm in for 2k.
I read this thread a couple days ago and never respond because I thouhgt it was a joke. However, if this is really going down, and escrowed. I'm in for 2k.
I'd like to see the details first, but I'd strongly consider tossing $1k in, but I'm a bit of a nit. Either way, I wanna see the details.Cwik, if I'm not up, and about to miss the boat, phone me or something, lol.

Here is a first idea on how the details could be like:1) You win if Negreanu finishes top 30 or better in any of the WSOP events save the 50k buy in HORSE event. I win if Negreanu fails to finish better than 31 in all events. (odds 1.25:1 in my favour.)2) The bet is void if the winner hasn't put money in escrow once an escrow is determined, however, should Negreanu finish 30 or better before an escrow is determined, the bet is NOT void.3) Payment will be made from escrow immediately after a winner is determined, meaning, as soon as Negreanu finishes 30 or better in a tournament, payment will be made and the bet is deemed over or as soon as the WSOP has ended and Negreanu hasn't finished 30 or better.4) Negreanu MUST play 10 tournaments from this point forward (including Event 5 and excluding the 50k buy in HORSE tournament) for you to be determined the winner. If Negreanu does not play in this number of tournaments for whatever reason, money is refunded to both parties. However, Negreanu has no minimum number of tournaments required to play if he achieves a top 30 finish as the bet is officially ended once he achieves a top 30 finish (as per rule number three).5) This bet includes only tournaments from the 2008 World Series of Poker and excludes WSOP Circuit Events, WSOP Europe Events and the 2008 WSOP 50k buy in HORSE event.

Who is the escrow?And just so I'm not confused, cuz I'm not a bettor by any means...If I lay $1000, and I win the bet, how much do I win? $800? Just refresh my odds math, plz.

Hoosier and me accepted the details and he talked to Alvarado, he will be the escrow. We will be transfering $ tomorrow so that you guys have enough time to join our bet. Just let Hoosier know (because his english is better, easier to get things started :club:). My bet is 25k.

Hoosier and me accepted the details and he talked to Alvarado, he will be the escrow. We will be transfering $ tomorrow so that you guys have enough time to join our bet. Just let Hoosier know (because his english is better, easier to get things started :club:). My bet is 25k.
So, just so I'm clear here, you're transferring $25,000 to JC Alvarado tomorrow?At which point, if we talk to Hoosier, we can work out how that $25k will be matched (at the 1.25:1 price), or does that much just cover Hoosier's bet? Or is Hoosier going to be dividing it amongst those who are interested? How do I know my bet has been accepted, and so on.Also, I would want confirmation from JC that he's received your money before I send any of mine.
So, just so I'm clear here, you're transferring $25,000 to JC Alvarado tomorrow?At which point, if we talk to Hoosier, we can work out how that $25k will be matched (at the 1.25:1 price), or does that much just cover Hoosier's bet? Or is Hoosier going to be dividing it amongst those who are interested? How do I know my bet has been accepted, and so on.Also, I would want confirmation from JC that he's received your money before I send any of mine.
Ill pm you tomorrow