Cant Stop Laughing About Daniel...

And yeah, I don't respect internet dwellers enough to just do as they tell me. I've waited days to point out how dumb anyone falling for this is, I'm not about to not do it just because they tell me not to. If they didn't want to take shit for falling for something like this they shouldnt have conducted it in the most public possible way.
This is absurd.If you'd like, I'll show you the very first PM I got from Hoosier when he asked me to write up a contract where he states that he thinks it's very unlikely this bet will occur.The only thing that would have been "dumb" for those of us that were trying to take part in this bet would've been to just ignore the possibility of it going through, no matter how slight. I think most agree that we had a nice edge in this wager. Why wouldn't we waste a little of our time and effort at the possibility of a decent score? Because we're worried that some other members of the forum might laugh at us for falling for an obvious fake?I think everyone who wanted a piece of this bet would risk having a little of their time wasted for the possibility of a big bet on a relatively sure thing.
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absurd.If you'd like, I'll show you the very first PM I got from Hoosier when he asked me to write up a contract where he states that he thinks it's very unlikely this bet will occur.The only thing that would have been "dumb" for those of us that were trying to take part in this bet would've been to just ignore the possibility of it going through, no matter how slight. I think most agree that we had a nice edge in this wager. Why wouldn't we waste a little of our time and effort at the possibility of a decent score? Because we're worried that some other members of the forum might laugh at us for falling for an obvious fake?I think everyone who wanted a piece of this bet would risk having a little of their time wasted for the possibility of a big bet on a relatively sure thing.
STFU donk. You got owned. Admit it. OWNED.sw

A true waste of time is playing in a bullshit satty for 5 hours just to bust out 2 spots from a seat. And people wonder why I like the turbos. just saying

looshle, your analogy is terrible. The bet hasn't had any chance at all of happening since the deadline passed around page 17, which is also when people (myself included) started talking about it. So its more like if someone started talking about how bad betting on the celtics would be after the game had already happened. Why can't people grab that simple, but incredibly essential, fact.The douchebags are the people who want to end discussion on the bet totally even though the deadline has passed and the discussion has no effect on the bet. Those people just want to let the whole thing die and probably obscure the fact that they were dumb enough to fall for the ruse in the first place.I mean, if some stranger bet me that the sun wouldn't come up the next day and I escrowed the money I'd also feel embarrassed when he disappeared.
my personal nomination for the Ryland award for this year goes out to youuuuuuu! impressive that your whole goal in the situation was to talk shit to people about how dumb you think they are even though you don't know or respect them! sir, id say its time to be introduced to the female sex, maybe they can change your life. and congrats on being right on something that everyone has agreed upon since the beginning and continuing to try and not let it die.
when did fcp get so many trolls?
When was the charter membership rolled out again?
Did anybody look at it like hey the OP is not part of FCP, so for us to bash him really means nothing because he is'nt a regular poster and could care less really, but hey on the other hand everyone else who is willing to put up money for this bet is a regular contributor here (most anyways) and is politely asking people to respect their wishes. So by bashing really a non FCPer you accomplish nothing, he can just stop posting and leave none the different, he could make a new account tommorrow and bash himself because he has no connections here.Just like the post says ^^^^^^^ you don't discuss someone's poker hand while in play just like you should'nt discuss the ev of a bet when its still in negotiations or waiting for one side to commit.
I believe it's "couldn't care less" because we could always care less. See what I mean? Dummy
So I'm assuming JC received no money
You sir, are a master at recapping.
my personal nomination for the Ryland award for this year goes out to youuuuuuu! impressive that your whole goal in the situation was to talk shit to people about how dumb you think they are even though you don't know or respect them! sir, id say its time to be introduced to the female sex, maybe they can change your life. and congrats on being right on something that everyone has agreed upon since the beginning and continuing to try and not let it die.
Was thinking this more and more with each additional post he made.
I think this guy is obviously a fake and have thought that since the beginning of the thread. I can't believe as many people are taking this as seriously as they have. The point is that it would be a diverting internet prank for someone to string along a bunch of people and get them to shuffle around a really significant amount of money. I don't know whether poker forums are supposed to be more honest or civil, but on any other forum I've ever frequented something like this would be a hoax and it would never have been able to get as far as it has.He's basically asking you guys to bet on a sure thing, how does that not make it immediately obvious?
dudeIt took like 15 minutes of my time to send him the pms...I estimated that the chance of this bet ever happening was <1%, but what does it hurt to try? No money was "shuffled" around btw
Also reading this thread makes my head hurt....what is everyone so worked up over?
I think only one person is worked up, and that's because someone told him to stfu. After this he lost his mind defending his valid but selfish point. He can't figure out why people who wanted to make what we thought was a good value bet, would want every possible variable to be in our favor. This would include opinions on the validity and value of the bet for the one who proposed booking action. It was most likely bs, and turned out to be. He was right, but is still an asshole who missed the big picture. It was worth the shot. Thanks for taking the time to try and work it.

Since I am apparently the only FCP'er that hasn't posted in the thread...............I can't believe you woke JC up for this! LOLAnd has anyone figured out who's alter ego the OP is? OMG, could it be Ryland?

Since I am apparently the only FCP'er that hasn't posted in the thread...............I can't believe you woke JC up for this! LOLAnd has anyone figured out who's alter ego the OP is? OMG, could it be Ryland?
I didn't post in this thread either.

Wow, what a long thread. I have no clue what the conclusion was. In the future, if people don't want comments to be made after something has been posted..........ask a mod to lock the thread up. All discussions can be done via PM to avoid any "confusion".

Someone page Qyayqi to this thread. I don't want to read 14 pages, and I'd prefer to look at pictures of cats to play catch-up.

I just love how people with 5k posts + are calling the people with 400 posts in this thread trolls when most of their posts are things like "shut up doug" or "wat". I also love how this thread got turned into a pool debate but because that was the in crowd who discussed that with 8k posts+ each nobody really cared.I also don't know how you can say this bet had a 1% chance of going through when it was obvious this guy doesn't have $100 online. Seems like a 0% chance to me, it was just an ego competition to see who could book the biggest bet with this guy - which is probably the reason you guys wrote it all down in this thread. Call people like me douchebags or say it's another Erik Ryland all you like but tbqh you make Rylands posts look pretty good compared with what has been said in this thread.

I just love how people with 5k posts + are calling the people with 400 posts in this thread trolls when most of their posts are things like "shut up doug" or "wat". I also love how this thread got turned into a pool debate but because that was the in crowd who discussed that with 8k posts+ each nobody really cared.I also don't know how you can say this bet had a 1% chance of going through when it was obvious this guy doesn't have $100 online. Seems like a 0% chance to me, it was just an ego competition to see who could book the biggest bet with this guy - which is probably the reason you guys wrote it all down in this thread. Call people like me douchebags or say it's another Erik Ryland all you like but tbqh you make Rylands posts look pretty good compared with what has been said in this thread.
None of this makes much sense, FYI.
I also don't know how you can say this bet had a 1% chance of going through when it was obvious this guy doesn't have $100 online. Seems like a 0% chance to me, it was just an ego competition to see who could book the biggest bet with this guy - which is probably the reason you guys wrote it all down in this thread.
Next time we have someone offering a big bet that we're relatively certain is full of it but the edge looks favorable enough that it's worth pursuing on the off chance it does happen, it's good to know that you'll be around with the inside knowledge on that person's actual bankroll.