Cant Stop Laughing About Daniel...

10) Money must be placed in escrow with JC Alvarado no later than 12:00PM (noon) PST on June 5, 2008. Should either party fail to do so, the bet is void.
From the contract, doesn't get more accurate than that.And while no one would turn him down if he showed up late, considering how easy it is to transfer cash on pokerstars if he hasn't showed up with it by the deadline he realistically isn't showing up.
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the contract, doesn't get more accurate than that.And while no one would turn him down if he showed up late, considering how easy it is to transfer cash on pokerstars if he hasn't showed up with it by the deadline he realistically isn't showing up.
I take it you have never tried to transfer large sums of money online.
Have you ever tried to transfer $25K on PokerStars? The process is a little bit different than transferring $5 just so you know.Maybe by the time this thread hits 200 pages you will post one accurate statement.

No, not that it has any bearing on the conversation.All these pros online transfer each other cash when they run out of cash online and don't want to wait for a deposit, it doesn't seem like they are unable to make a confirmation call or email or whatever it takes to get it done.He's had 2-3 days to do it, if he really wanted to there was plenty of time.Why don't you pull your heads out of the sand and realize that its not happening.

No, not that it has any bearing on the conversation.All these pros online transfer each other cash when they run out of cash online and don't want to wait for a deposit, it seems like they are unable to get it done.He's had 2-3 days to do it, if he really wanted to there was plenty of time.Why don't you pull your heads out of the sand and realize that its not happening.
Ok i'm done with this, GL all.
No, not that it has any bearing on the conversation.All these pros online transfer each other cash when they run out of cash online and don't want to wait for a deposit, it doesn't seem like they are unable to make a confirmation call or email or whatever it takes to get it done.He's had 2-3 days to do it, if he really wanted to there was plenty of time.Why don't you pull your heads out of the sand and realize that its not happening.

The last few pages of this thread have made my brain hurt! Is anyone still arguing that the bet might still be placed?

10) Money must be placed in escrow with JC Alvarado no later than 12:00PM (noon) PST on June 5, 2008. Should either party fail to do so, the bet is void.
The time is now 20:42 PST on June 5 2008. The money has not been placed in escrow with JC Alvarado. By terms of contract the bet is void.
This thread is getting blown way out of proportion.Poker Addict, I think RDog is the one that said to Shut the F up, and I don't think he said it maliciously at all. If someone else did it more maliciously then I guess I'd have to see that to comment.RhinestoneCowboy, I don't think that bankroll has anything to do with any of it. Just because a couple of higher limit players asked for something they had a vested interest in doesn't mean they expected it any more than a micro stakes player would have if something similar went down in a similar thread.The difference is that the higher stakes player probably wouldn't take a vested interest in a micro-stakes bet, while it is to be expected that a ton of lower stakes players are going to take interest in a such a potentially large bet.At that point, people can do what they want. I respect Rdog and Looshle, so I shut up (which is quite rare). That respect has nothing to do with their bankrolls. Obviously there will be some immature comments by people, and I don't think that necessarily means they respect those posters any less. They just look at things different than I do...simply a personality issue. I don't think them being frustrated at some random newbs posting in here and making comments about it means they are waving some type of a "BR penis" about it, i just think it annoyed them so they said so.
loooooolSTFU!! :club::ts:D :D :4h:5c:D:3h:D:qh

This thread will never be complete without lolcat cliffnotes by qyayqi. Get to work, sir.(Please)

While I have been entertained by all of the posts in this thread. I think there are a lot of people acting like DBs. (I use initials because I can't spell the word correctly.) I understand the arguments of both sides, I just don't think either side wanted to truely listen to the other side. That is true for all internet forum arguments. Having said all of that, I am disappointed the bet seems dead.

Now....lets all have a big FCP hug. Put Chrozzo in the middle and we will have a big group gangbang
i want somewhere close to the middle pls.Honestly, i'm really sorry that i did hijack the thread, although I would never comment on a bet, that i wasn't involved in. But if i did do something to piss someone off, i do apologize. I was actually hoping (still am) that this all goes through, i think it would be a lot of fun to watch this actually unfold. I think we'll have to start a pool thread in the other sports forum just cause well...i was actually enjoying that conversation. Gary, if you wanna do that, i'll gladly post.
I respect you, I definitely respect you enough to refrain from comment when there's a chance, however small, that I could mess up the bet. But the list of people I respect enough to do something just because they tell me to is very small and doesn't include anyone I know through an internet forum.
I don't think you understand what those words mean - no one started off by 'telling' anyone to do anything. They asked. And when you respect someone, you do as they ask, especially when it is ZERO skin off your back to do so. Its not that complicated. Now, Metternich may have respected the request to wait until the bet was definitely off, in principal. But if he took a second to think about what was being asked, he would understand that it wasn't to wait until the deadline had passed (the deadline is moot, obviously; the bet could still happen if someone showed up to give the action). The point was to not try and screw up the bet.
lol at you trying to be the voice of reason
Sorry, the Voice Of Reason will always be Chrinestone.
It would be epic if Crystal was the OP.
Truth.
I so disappointed that I'm not in Vegas right now.
More truth.