Cant Stop Laughing About Daniel...

Man-ee-faces?Why do I smell navybutton's stink all over this?LOL
not me. my troll accounts are funny to me. this just seems bizarre. actually, wait, this could be me.i would have got in the bet if i thought he was serious or if it didn't seem like a HUGE pain in the ass to get money escrowed, or if i wasn't hedging the bet against myself.
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, to all the FCP'ers, this Man-ee-faces dude and I exchanged a few PMs earlier this morning and, despite how he might have come off early on in this thread, he's quite a gentleman. That said, I still want his money. I'm still in for 3k, obviously. :club:
Thank you ;=) But I answered your PMs. There must be a failure in the system, but I answered each PM you sent me :ts (and I thought your rules were fine, so did Hoosier. So we used them for the contract)
Thank you ;=) But I answered your PMs. There must be a failure in the system, but I answered each PM you sent me :ts (and I thought your rules were fine, so did Hoosier. So we used them for the contract)
Ah, okay. Yeah, the last one I received from you was an offer to lower the requested 1.5:1 odds, but no response to the one where I included the rules. Must be caught somewhere in the tubes. No big deal, I just keep going from thinking I'm in this bet to I'm not in this bet to I'm back in. :club:
okay. i would like to book 10 dollars that Prof. Charley Swayne does not make it to the final 30 of a WSOP event. the events in question must have at least 31 people registered.
I LOL'd, I must admit. I :club: JoeThePro
If you want action on this bet please post the amt you want in this thread. I can't guarantee anything but I will try to accomodate everyone.
if you're accepting small bets. i'm in for 275, hoping to win 200. pm if this is okay and how to transfer funds.
Here is a first idea on how the details could be like:1) You win if Negreanu finishes top 30 or better in any of the WSOP events save the 50k buy in HORSE event. I win if Negreanu fails to finish better than 31 in all events. (odds 1.25:1 in my favour.)2) The bet is void if the winner hasn't put money in escrow once an escrow is determined, however, should Negreanu finish 30 or better before an escrow is determined, the bet is NOT void.3) Payment will be made from escrow immediately after a winner is determined, meaning, as soon as Negreanu finishes 30 or better in a tournament, payment will be made and the bet is deemed over or as soon as the WSOP has ended and Negreanu hasn't finished 30 or better.4) Negreanu MUST play 10 tournaments from this point forward (including Event 5 and excluding the 50k buy in HORSE tournament) for you to be determined the winner. If Negreanu does not play in this number of tournaments for whatever reason, money is refunded to both parties. However, Negreanu has no minimum number of tournaments required to play if he achieves a top 30 finish as the bet is officially ended once he achieves a top 30 finish (as per rule number three).5) This bet includes only tournaments from the 2008 World Series of Poker and excludes WSOP Circuit Events, WSOP Europe Events and the 2008 WSOP 50k buy in HORSE event.
ok I am in on these terms. My $2,500 to your 2,000. Hoos, please let me know when I can ship. Please get this done before event 5 starts play back up.
not me. my troll accounts are funny to me. this just seems bizarre. actually, wait, this could be me.i would have got in the bet if i thought he was serious or if it didn't seem like a HUGE pain in the ass to get money escrowed, or if i wasn't hedging the bet against myself.
I see what you did there.And I very, very, very much APPROVE.(LOOOOOL)
Why the hell does he always think he is on top of his game.... each year its just the same thing: "I am on top of my game.... looking forward to WSOP...bla bla bla...." He even put himself into his WSOP Fantasy Draft Team.... I bet you $9000 that he wont reach the top 30 in one of those events he is going to play.... I can see it in his words and his mood.... there is no way he will win a bracelett this year.... He is just talking and talking and talking..... And his new book... Its redicolous... like his last book... "The five time rule" is as good as Intellipokers or Pokerstars SSS (Short Stack Strategy).... Its so funny...C'mon Daniel, when will you start to show us that you can play poker.... dont just talk,. show some results......Its sad enough you try to betray your fans with your silly books... they are sooooooo funny.......... tz... I love to play against those players who use your techniques because they are giving me all their moneyYou are just trying to make money out of the poker boom... you dont even think about your books... Cmon, your books suck! You dont believe the shit you wrote there, do you,,.,"The seven times rule.........." Daniel, thats just complete bullshit.... you wont achieve anything in this WSOP..... you are talking shit... I could beat you in every game you want..... you once were a great player but you lost it all... you are nothing.... . step aside and let us youngguns from the internet take your place, sucker
LOL how can you say anything like that?? maybe you should think first before posting anything like that although i respect the fact that you share with us all that. Daniel has close to 10M $ in his winnings and you say that he should show us results first?? well as his fans here, we like to see him talking like that about how good he feels and how good he is going to do cause it gets us to believe in him. when you have anything close to his results in any game maybe you should start talking then and show up with that kind of post here. gg man

Lol this is getting so much action its unreal...How is the 25k gonna be split up? I guess this has to be done pretty quick though being that DN can get into the top 30 by tonight though, right?

I have a question:With the size of the fields, if the OP originally wanted to make this bet for NL events only, would people have been so quick to jump on it? I don't have the schedule in front of me, but iirc there are about 20 NL events this year, not counting mixed HE tournaments. I wouldn't think it would be too crazy for even a NL tournament player of Dn's abilities to have a bad run in 20 or so donkaments.Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the inclusion of the mixed games in the bet is what gives DN the best chance of finishing top 30, or better yet, winning a bracelet. Smaller fields, etc etc.

I have a question:With the size of the fields, if the OP originally wanted to make this bet for NL events only, would people have been so quick to jump on it? I don't have the schedule in front of me, but iirc there are about 20 NL events this year, not counting mixed HE tournaments. I wouldn't think it would be too crazy for even a NL tournament player of Dn's abilities to have a bad run in 20 or so donkaments.Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the inclusion of the mixed games in the bet is what gives DN the best chance of finishing top 30, or better yet, winning a bracelet. Smaller fields, etc etc.
edit: was about to say someting that may prevent bet from going through.

Man-ee-faces,May I ask why the original bet was for $9,000 ? That just seems like such a random number to me. I would think that a $5,000 or $10,000 bet would have been more "normal." Is it the equivalent of a certain number of euros ?

The NL tournies have such huge fields and not great structures, normal variance would make it really hard to win this bet.
Here is a first idea on how the details could be like:1) You win if Negreanu finishes top 30 or better in any of the WSOP events save the 50k buy in HORSE event. I win if Negreanu fails to finish better than 31 in all events. (odds 1.25:1 in my favour.)2) The bet is void if the winner hasn't put money in escrow once an escrow is determined, however, should Negreanu finish 30 or better before an escrow is determined, the bet is NOT void.3) Payment will be made from escrow immediately after a winner is determined, meaning, as soon as Negreanu finishes 30 or better in a tournament, payment will be made and the bet is deemed over or as soon as the WSOP has ended and Negreanu hasn't finished 30 or better.4) Negreanu MUST play 10 tournaments from this point forward (including Event 5 and excluding the 50k buy in HORSE tournament) for you to be determined the winner. If Negreanu does not play in this number of tournaments for whatever reason, money is refunded to both parties. However, Negreanu has no minimum number of tournaments required to play if he achieves a top 30 finish as the bet is officially ended once he achieves a top 30 finish (as per rule number three).5) This bet includes only tournaments from the 2008 World Series of Poker and excludes WSOP Circuit Events, WSOP Europe Events and the 2008 WSOP 50k buy in HORSE event.
I know reading is fundamental for understanding, but I've read that a few times and I can't figure it out.
I know reading is fundamental for understanding, but I've read that a few times and I can't figure it out.
My understanding of it is that if you haven't shipped your money to the escrow by the time DN places in the top 30/WSOP ends then you're not part of the bet. If DN places top 30 before the escrow can get properly set up, I don't know because it makes it sound that the bet is still on, but it contradicts the first part too. -shrug- But since the escrow is determined, I'd say part 2 of that doesn't matter.