Cant Stop Laughing About Daniel...

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I would want confirmation from JC that he's received your money before I send any of mine.
That's no problem. I have no problem with seding my money first before you guys do so that you can see I'm serious ;-) Hoosier offered me 1.375:1 and I accepted. So thats how it goes: 25k from my money with 1.375:1. Contracts being written tomorrow and I will transfer my money to JC Alvarados account (FullTilt oder Stars) as soon as I read the contract.One last thing: If you guys win I'll send each of you one big box of your favourite muesli / cereals for free :club: Dont miss this chance, hahaha....

Bjorn is going to put up $25k. We agreed upon a 1.375:1 price because it was a middle ground between the 1.25:1 I wanted and the 1.5:1 he wanted. So he is going to risk $25k to win $34,375. So we have to come up with $34,375. I'm willing to put up $15,000 initially and possibly more. Depends on other things but I have to see how much a few others want. If you want action on this bet please post the amt you want in this thread. I can't guarantee anything but I will try to accomodate everyone.I'll talk to everyone tomorrow.

Wow, I can't believe this is actually getting done.I'm a HUGE fan of Cookie Crisp by the way.

i'm in for 1k escrowed if you'll take more action.
Like I said, I'm willing to put up 3k once I see Hoosier say he's confident in the escrow you guys have set up.
Is there a max on this bet? I will prob bet at least 5.
I'll take a 1k piece of this. Hoosier if you are in charge of the FCP side of this bet and if bets are still eligible please shoot me a PM with terms etc.
I read this thread a couple days ago and never respond because I thouhgt it was a joke. However, if this is really going down, and escrowed. I'm in for 2k.
I'd like to see the details first, but I'd strongly consider tossing $1k in, but I'm a bit of a nit. Either way, I wanna see the details.Cwik, if I'm not up, and about to miss the boat, phone me or something, lol.
The above is 13k of almost certain action. The below is people you would have to talk to hoosier. GLGLGLGLGL FCP
I'd happily bet $9,000, or more, that Daniel will be top 30 in at least one event.
Ill bet 5k at 1-1 if we have a good escrow.
PM sent

My hat goes off to the op for actually havin the balls to put his money where he mouth is, if this does get done.However, I will enjoy FCP takin him for $25K.

I never posted because I thought this was a joke and never going to happen, but if it's really gonna happen I want action.If still available I'll take $3k of his action (so I'm putting up $4,125). Hoosier, I guess PM me if this is really going down.

All the money is being shipped to a mod so this guy can't scam right? I seriously doubt he has 9k to bet.

All the money is being shipped to a mod so this guy can't scam right? I seriously doubt he has 9k to bet.
All the money is being shipped to JC if this ever happens. We're not just trusting him to send it to us if he loses.
I think the original poster is stating a valid point but being a cundt about it.If Daniel is to warrant and keep up the level of celebrity we are used to he has to have at least one strong showing in the wsop this year to silence the critics.We all know he is a natural talent but a lot of fans are starting to have second thoughts based on the drought of the last few years. Some are saying he was just on a lucky streak.The situation is not helped when other pros like Phil Gordon are echoing the same thoughts out loud and are adding to the pressure.Now that the pressures on history has shown a true champion/pro like Daniel should step up to the plate and silence the critics with at least one, and only one is required final table.I think the current problem with Daniel is hes getting caught up with too many things and his mind isn’t on it the same way it was before.Think of the storyline of Rocky 3.Lets just hope it ends like rocky 3. Im confident it will.
Why are you assuming Daniel has anything whatsoever to 'prove' to his critics??? He's far richer than most people and lives an awesome lifestyle, he has nothing to prove to anybody.And acting like Daniel is all of a sudden a fallen star is ridiculous, that's the way tournament poker goes, look at Michael Mizrachi, when he won the POY contest everyone was like 'OMG best tourney player in the world' but now he's not mentioned much at all. Variance is variance, and final tables aren't just a simple matter of playing your A game for two tourneys, they take a lot of luck.+ His tournament results haven't been that bad recently anyway
By the way: My company sells cereals which you can mix and order in the internet. You can create your own "müsli" with all the things you like (dont know the english word; cereals is not the right word, I Think). I guess thats pretty clever, isnt it :club:
Cereal is the right word. Or granola, or even musli. I'll bet you 2 boxes of cheerios vs your one box of do-it-yourself musli that Daniel comes top 30. Seriously though, I can't tell if there are too many people wanting in on this 25k or not enough. Hoosier if you somehow need more takers I'll probably get in for up to 1k.

If this happens I will be VERY surprised.

If this happens I will be VERY surprised.
I keep my word even though I was too rude in my first post. I was drunk (no excuse) after a soccer match and we lost ;-) I stick to the main points: 1. His books are useless 2. He's always talking about how strong he is but fails to show some results.I shouldn't have been so rude and aggressive, I apologize for that. I thougt I have to do this bet and even raised my bet from $9000 to $25000. Money is not the problem although I'm well aware that the probability of Daniel placing Top30 is higher than not placing top30. I love to gamble and I think this is a very interesting bet (I thought nobody would join me in this. I'm glad to see that some of you have the balls to accept the deal :club:)This is going to be a very interesting WSOP 2008 :ts
1. His books are useless 2. He's always talking about how strong he is but fails to show some results.
I haven't read any of his books.But point two is just retarded, he's like one of the top ten tournament money winners of all time and IIRC he's the leading money winner on the WPT. I see where you are coming from when you talk about him saying 'I feel really good about my game' and whatnot, but the fact is he A) Has a damn good reason to and B ) It's tournament poker, you don't just make final tables like they're candy, with the best will in the world it's not uncommon at all for a top player to go a whole year without making a final table or in some cases even cashing. Your comment shows you have no understanding of how much tournament poker works.
Here is a first idea on how the details could be like:1) You win if Negreanu finishes top 30 or better in any of the WSOP events save the 50k buy in HORSE event. I win if Negreanu fails to finish better than 31 in all events. (odds 1.25:1 in my favour.)2) The bet is void if the winner hasn't put money in escrow once an escrow is determined, however, should Negreanu finish 30 or better before an escrow is determined, the bet is NOT void.3) Payment will be made from escrow immediately after a winner is determined, meaning, as soon as Negreanu finishes 30 or better in a tournament, payment will be made and the bet is deemed over or as soon as the WSOP has ended and Negreanu hasn't finished 30 or better.4) Negreanu MUST play 10 tournaments from this point forward (including Event 5 and excluding the 50k buy in HORSE tournament) for you to be determined the winner. If Negreanu does not play in this number of tournaments for whatever reason, money is refunded to both parties. However, Negreanu has no minimum number of tournaments required to play if he achieves a top 30 finish as the bet is officially ended once he achieves a top 30 finish (as per rule number three).5) This bet includes only tournaments from the 2008 World Series of Poker and excludes WSOP Circuit Events, WSOP Europe Events and the 2008 WSOP 50k buy in HORSE event.
LOL. This is my requested terms for the bet, cut and paste from my PM, that was never responded to. :)For the record, to all the FCP'ers, this Man-ee-faces dude and I exchanged a few PMs earlier this morning and, despite how he might have come off early on in this thread, he's quite a gentleman. That said, I still want his money. I'm still in for 3k, obviously. :club: