Wcoop 2008 - Schedule - Feedback Requested!

I think the structure of the WCOOP last year was mostly 5k (maybe even 10k in the ME?) starting 30min levels, which is awesome. :club: Multiple two-day events! :ts I agree that there should be step satellites if at all possible to AT LEAST the main event, if not more.PS does need knockout tournaments too, WCOOP would be a good way to start that off. :D-InMyOffice

oh and any idea if there will be step satties to the huge buyin events. might be a thought to ponder
I read somewhere(I think a reply made by a pokerstars rep on 2+2) that unused wsop step tickets can be used for wcoop steps. So I assume there will be wcoop steps.
Greetings, everyone...WCOOP planning has been in progress for a while now, and we've gotten the schedule just about right, we think. Before we set it in stone, though, we'd like to hear from you, our players.If you will, take a look at the schedule below to see the plans we've made and let us know what you think, either here or via email at wcoop@pokerstars.com. As always, constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. We absolutely depend upon feedback from our players, and thank you for your time as we work to ensure WCOOP meets your expectations as the premier event series in online poker!This year's World Championship of Online Poker features some new events and bigger guarantees than ever, culminating on September 21st in the Main Event, a 2-day $5,200 NL Hold'em tournament with an unprecedented $10,000,000 guaranteed prize pool! See below for the full schedule, and thanks again for taking the time.All the best,Bryan S.Tournaments AdministratorPokerStars Poker Room Management Team2008-WCOOP-planned-2.jpg
OK, a few things...I believe that if you make some events "championship" events, it will attract bigger numbers eg, event 18 should be "The World Championship of Online 7 card stud". It's just a small thing but it makes it sound more prestigious and more people will play it. Obviously you can't do it for all the Hold 'em events, but people will enter those anywayRegarding events 23-26. I think if you swapped the PLO tourney and made it event 26 and the HORSE tourney event 24. I don't think people would like to play LHE and HORSE at the same time as it can get confusing. Also, I don't see the reason for having two limit games on the one day. Some people don't play limit (and vice-versa) so having a NL event one day, and a PL the next day, with FL on each day means both types of players will play BOTH days which is what you want to happen.What about having more mixed game tournaments, eg. Stud hi-lo/Omaha hi-lo, PLO/NLHE. I think these touranments really have the potential to to be a success.Other than that, it looks like the schedule was very well put together and very well thought out.

looks pretty fking awesome....10k freezeout and 5k main is really cool.One thing I would add is a bigger PLO freezeout. If you could get a $1k+ I think it would be very popular.

oh and any idea if there will be step satties to the huge buyin events. might be a thought to ponder
yehaa. totally agree. give us some step satties
yehaa. totally agree. give us some step satties
Agree 100%. I also think you should add a permanent step system for the sunday million also. It's basically the same structure as the current step system, but it ends at step 3 when the top 2 win entry, 3-5 get a retry, etc. I believe this would be VERY popular.
QUOTE(GWCGWC @ Monday, June 2nd, 2008, 3:38 PM) Schedule a lot of $3R, $5R, $8R, $16R, $22R NON TURBO satty's please.
FYP
Totally agree. Not into turbo sats at all.

Maybe to decrease varience, you could make an tournement with unlimited rebuys the whole event, but players are allowed to get up from the table with their chips at anytime when they feel their equity is highest (or are sleepy).

On the days of 7-stud tourneys, because of the low number of stud players, possibly run simltaneous NL events, and possibly create a bonus prize pool, much like Fulltilt's Daily Double A/Daily double B bonus, where if you make the money in each you get a certain reward, or FT both a certain award...possibly PokerStars sponsorship for the next WSOP ME? Just a thought, not a well thought out thought, but a thought none the less....

I wish there was a HU NL holdem event cheaper than a $25k buyin. The FTOPS has a $500 and it'd be really nice to see that.EDIT: Is that what NLHE Match Play is?

I wish there was a HU NL holdem event cheaper than a $25k buyin. The FTOPS has a $500 and it'd be really nice to see that.EDIT: Is that what NLHE Match Play is?
Yeah, match play is just a fancy term for HU.

the 4 max sounds like a blast shld have a plo 4 max also imo time to stop spending on hookers and save up a few buy ins and satty trys . both only give me 5 mins of pleasure till i bust any ways .. :club:

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far, both here and in email. There's a lot of good discussion happening... thanks! It's great to see people excited about WCOOP.By all means, please continue the discussions here as we continue to discuss the feedback. Some answers:1. Steps - there will be WCOOP Steps, with seats to different events being up for the winning. More details will follow on WCOOP Steps later.2. Of the candidates for addition to WCOOP 2008, 6-max rebuy (NLHE) and some sort of mixed event are near the top. It's likely that we'll add one or two events.3. We intend to have a series in the Spring.4. For 2-day tournaments, we are leaning toward stopping Day 1 after the money bubble has burst. We haven't come to any decision about what time Day 2 should begin... what are your thoughts on this topic?5. Sunday is online poker's biggest day. The traditional three major NLHE MTT events will each start on Sunday to allow the most possible participants.6. WCOOP satellites will start in early July.I hope to have an update for you by the end of the coming week... until then, please continue to discuss! You've got our full attention...All the best,Bryan S.Tournaments AdministratorPokerStars Poker Room Management Team