what hand do you get dealt and think "trouble"

AJs on the bubble. It looks good enough to steal with, but I can't get away when I get re-popped, esp. if they're slightly shorter stacked than me, but enough to do damage. Actually, AJs is bad but at least it looks pretty. AJ is a death sentence, and I knew it was a death sentence when I raised it, and I knew I was dead when I called the raise, and how did all those chips get from here to there so quickly and with so little fanfare. Rebuy?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It used to be AQ. When i first got poker tracker and looked at what hand i was losing the most money with, i was pretty shocked to find AQ there. I'm hoping i've plugged that leak.KK causes me a lot of trouble when playing 5-10 limit on Party Poker. Raise in early position and get 4-5 callers. The flop always comes with an ace and at least one of the fish called my raise with A4 offsuit or something like that.

I don't know, i can't think of anything while I am looking at your avatar...I always think trouble when I see something like A9s in late position when itis folded to me. Whenever I try to steal, seems someone wakes up with AJ or AQ...

QQ, JJ, and 1010 are trouble hands for me. I think it is my attitude after someone calls. I am just waiting to see that overcard hit the board. Then I always seem to read wrong. They bet and I fold and they show 99. Other times I go with it and they are playing A rag and hit. I would rather not have a pocket pair because it makes it easier to get away from later when you flop nothing.

when i get kings or especially aces, i get this jolt of electricity thru my body, cuz i know im about to go broke (most likely) or win a gigantic pot (not often. who here thinks AA can actually beat A4s? not me, and i know from experience - 235 flop!)AQ was bad for me for a while, and i've lost at least two tournaments because of it. one of those times i knew i was up against AA or AK, and i was right. i think my real trouble hands are the really bad junk cards im so tempted to raise with. mmm.. 83s.. raaaaaaise. when i get especially terrible cards i just wanna go into Ted Forrest mode and raise like crazy. sometimes i do.. (talking about no limit, btw)cards are cards, though. the only time i think "TROUBLE" is usually when i have AA-QQ, cuz it just seems like 50/50 instead of 80/20. in the world of poker, it really does seem like AA vs XX is a total crapshoot at times.

K3 because I always lose with it and never get to do the crabler dance.
hahahahahaha99 is satan. I was playing a NLHE SNG, some jerkass calls a raise from UTG with 78 off suit. Flop is 569, he takes me out.

according to Pokertracker my number one loser is TT mostly due to one monster hand I lost with TT. On the hand I picked up four to the str8 on the turn and figured with the cards that could make the str8 or boat I'd call the all in. No help and lost to pocket rockets.(villain was SLAP according to pt)