what hand do you get dealt and think "trouble"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AA in a limit ring game with a lot of loose players. I basically say there go my hard earned winnings. 9-3 beat me last time calling two bets cold. Whatever the cold part means :-)

AJ in the Blinds facing a raise from the button when everybody folds......should you play back or call the raise? It's always a tough one.

For me I've gotten knocked out of two tournaments just chips away from the money with QQI also hate 88 because when I flop a set someone always seems to hit a flush and I lose a huge chunk...And, I always manage to lose a huge chunk with AQ-- Jason B.

JJ has cost me numerous tourneys and a lot of money, i will never raise with them anymore and a over card hits im out, can stand them

Haha yeah I hate QQ... I always play it and I think "Hmm, how am I going to lose with it this time." Someone going to turn a gutshot straight against my set? Someone going to make a pair of T's and turn his A? Wheee!Of course I know it's just fluctuation... in reality I'm hatin' the low PP's right now.

AQ used to be a pretty troublesome hand for me. I would overplay it like nobody's business. I used to re-raise the hell out of it.....hit my A only to have someone hit their set of whatever PP they had. I've really toned it down with AQ though which is good.

AQ os, No-Limit.... I ... cant... get... away....call.... Outkicked
JaysonWeber22: **** **** ****JaysonWeber22: **** **** ****Steve 93: aces cracked?JaysonWeber22: Did u see my post about AQ being my least favorite hand?Steve 93: nopeSteve 93: i can look thoughJaysonWeber22: ****ING JUST LOST 43 dollar pot OUT ****ING KICKEDhe doesnt lie folks :club:

99 UTG always makes me cringe. You feel like you have to play it, and you know you need to isolate against people who will limp in with any 2, so you pop it for a raise. You know that anyone who calls your raise most likely has a better pair or 2 overs. What do you do on a Jack high flop then?I also hate ATs in LP and have it folded around to me. You feel the need to steal with the hand, but it's absolute dog meat against anyone who would call your raise.QQ is probably my favorite hand, so I can't really identify with all of you guys who hate it. It's reasonably easy to dump if overs flop and the action heats up, and it can go a long way if you have to throw the rest of your chips in with it pre-flop. There are about 50 hands I hate more than QQ.

AK: Everytime I hit top pair, guy that called my raise with 95s hits his second pair on the turn.Okay, not every time....just feels like it. :roll:

Seriously, I usually look at jacks or KJoff as a "trouble" hand. Doyle has a list of the in super system. Jacks, as they are a better pair are normally enough to win unimproved, but I just remember larger pots lost than the many won.